Taylor Swift is the new Queen of pop!

SmittenCake

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

I find it hilarious that the Swifties say Taylor has surpassed Madonna but don't even specify what she surpassed Madonna in to be exact.

Someone care to explain?

The person who opened this thread is not a Swiftie

Most Swifties don’t say Taylor has surpassed Madonna

And the few that do can fight their own battle because they’re not correct :rip:  

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImsoLOUD

• WeFoundTrouble

• Sex with Rih

• ugo

3 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

Thats always the argument now is it?

'It doesnt FEEL', 'I dont THINK', 'she doesn't HAVE', its always subjective, always the same old same old impact this meat dress that sex book this politics that. 

When will yall accept that Taylor is not the type of artist to shock the world and make lewd or sexually charged moments, Britney, Gaga and Madonna were all tabloid fodder and if thats what you consider impact then be my guest. But Taylor Swift's impact rests on how she shifted revenue flow from exploitative monopolies like Universal, forcing Apple Music's hand in increasing revenue per stream to all its artists, changing voter turnout by 200% in her home state after endorsments.

All the impact yall talk about is frozen in the moment in time they happen, the newspaper headlines they make, Taylor Swift's impact actually has value towards fellow musicians and changes how much money they earn and in my opinion, thats what matters more.

That's being a businessperson, not an artist. 

11 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Rihanna still has the most streamed album of the MPG’s on Spotify and her 14 #1’s are still ahead of her peers, what dust?

Never forget that a soundtrack song nearly made y’all cry to Billboard. 

Yet she still can't go on stadium tour or have a relevant album. We didn't cry to billboard that soundtrack was extremely fraudulent and the response was appropriate. A Rihanna single in the 2020's is not that relevant anymore.

2 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

That's being a businessperson, not an artist. 

Artist can impact politics and economy. And some people says kissing a girl on stage or wearing headlines grabbing costumes are outfits, aren't these what clowns do ?

8 minutes ago, ugo said:

Yet she still can't go on stadium tour or have a relevant album. We didn't cry to billboard that soundtrack was extremely fraudulent and the response was appropriate. A Rihanna single in the 2020's is not that relevant anymore.

Yes that’s why her latest soundtrack single is back to the top 10 this week :toofunny2: she has sold out stadiums and will do so again and yes the most streamed album by an MPG on Spotify along with her 14 #1’s (difficult for some to get without 89 remixes and TikTok stunts) is certainly not relevant and we’ll also act like the GP hasn’t been begging for R9 while Rihanna breastfeeds her kid :toofunny2:: maybe your fave can claim she’s the Queen of Pop once she does the Super Bowl next year! 

oh wait…. 

spacer.png

Edited by ImsoLOUD

1 minute ago, ugo said:

Artist can impact politics and economy. And some people says kissing a girl on stage or wearing headlines grabbing costumes are outfits, aren't these what clowns do ?

Artists impact the world through their art. Performances, fashion, music that stands the test of time is art. Being greedy is not an art form.

Yes, and I'm the new Queen of England.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

7 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Yes that’s why her latest soundtrack single is back to the top 10 this week :toofunny2: she has sold out stadiums and will do so again and yes the most streamed album by an MPG on Spotify along with her 14 #1’s (difficult for some to get without 89 remixes and TikTok stunts) is certainly not relevant and we’ll also act like the GP hasn’t been begging for R9 while Rihanna breastfeeds her kid :toofunny2:: maybe your fave can claim she’s the Queen of Pop once she does the Super Bowl next year! 

oh wait…. 

spacer.png

Actually Taylor was originally considered for the Super Bowl before Rihanna seems like she declined and Rihanna is only plan B I mean when you have stadium demand for 14 millions it makes sense you're first choice.

8 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Artists impact the world through their art. Performances, fashion, music that stands the test of time is art. Being greedy is not an art form.

Making changes in systems and impacting younger generations is more meaningful than wearing clown make up.

Not the Navy trying it :rip:

Rihanna the Queen of Pop? What Pop would that be? ***** Popping? Push Pop?

3 minutes ago, ugo said:

Actually Taylor was originally considered for the Super Bowl before Rihanna seems like she declined and Rihanna is only plan B I mean when you have stadium demand for 14 millions it makes sense you're first choice.

Rihanna declined the offer in 2019. Your fav was/is just a stand in. 
spacer.png

16 minutes ago, ugo said:

A Rihanna single in the 2020's is not that relevant anymore.

Nah, Taylor gets a song that doesn't drop on the charts in a month after YEARS and you dare to say this with a straight face :redface:

5 minutes ago, ugo said:

impacting younger generations 

The younger gen: Conan Gray, Gayle. 

16 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Good thing Taylors music has been standing the test of time since her debut album. :rip: And will continue to do so. She’s got nowhere to go but up.

8 minutes ago, ugo said:

log off and stop embarrassing yourself please

I think The Music Industry is a more fitting title to her. Madonna shaped the pop culture and defined what a female pop star is, so she's the Queen of Pop. Taylor is challenging the way the music industry functions (her Spotify boycott, the masters ownership discussion started by her etc) so this title makes total sense

1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

Nah, Taylor gets a song that doesn't drop on the charts in a month after YEARS and you dare to say this with a straight face :redface:

All 13 tracks from Midnights have charted for four weeks straight and are predicted to chart on their fifth week this upcoming Monday’s chart as well.   :ahh: 

Even her album tracks are sticking, and you can’t even blame it on remixes or multiple versions or airplay payola :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: Shes performing on par with new streaming sensations like Olivia and Bad Bunny :ahh:   

Just now, bestfiction said:

I think The Music Industry is a more fitting title to her. Madonna shaped the pop culture and defined what a female pop star is, so she's the Queen of Pop. Taylor is challenging the way the music industry functions (her Spotify boycott, the masters ownership discussion started by her etc) so this title makes total sense

Agreed :clap3: 

34 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Yes that’s why her latest soundtrack single is back to the top 10 this week

:2ndplace:

39 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

maybe your fave can claim she’s the Queen of Pop once she does the Super Bowl next year! 

Poor RihRih, always the second option. :ahh:

25 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

log off and stop embarrassing yourself please

That's a PR response. Her team actually responded first before Rihanna's team put that out. She said she declined because she didn't finish re-recording all her albums.:rip:

29 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Rihanna declined the offer in 2019. Your fav was/is just a stand in. 
spacer.png

But in that context Taylor was not the second choice. In this years context Rihanna is the second choice. 

39 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Good thing Taylors music has been standing the test of time since her debut album. :rip: And will continue to do so. She’s got nowhere to go but up.

Please point me to her classic singles like Material Girl, Billie Jean etc. that will still be cherished 40 years later. Thanks in advance!

i don’t agree that Taylor is bigger than Madonna but the navy STILL trying to convince people that Rihanna is bigger than Tay is a kii :ahh:

11 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Please point me to her classic singles like Material Girl, Billie Jean etc. that will still be cherished 40 years later. Thanks in advance!

If you don't think Love Story, Shake It Off, Blank Space, All Too Well and the entirety of Folklore won't be cherished in 40 years then you are delusional. By the way, no Janet Jackson song has more than 120M streams on Spotify.

36 minutes ago, sasashite said:

Poor RihRih, always the second option. :ahh:

There is something special about the Swifties. Someone disproves your bs so you just repeat it again because you have no better comeback. :rip: A true tactician, maybe all 5 of you can put your few working brain cells together and strategize how the “muSIc iNduStrY” can beat ANTI on Spotify after 7 years. :rip: 

Edited by ImsoLOUD