Jump to content

Taylor Swift is the new Queen of pop!


SmittenCake
 Share

Recommended Posts

At least let Madonna return to God before saying **** like this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ImsoLOUD

    23

  • WeFoundTrouble

    24

  • Sex with Rih

    24

  • ugo

    27

26 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Thats always the argument now is it?

 

'It doesnt FEEL', 'I dont THINK', 'she doesn't HAVE', its always subjective, always the same old same old impact this meat dress that sex book this politics that. 

 

When will yall accept that Taylor is not the type of artist to shock the world and make lewd or sexually charged moments, Britney, Gaga and Madonna were all tabloid fodder and if thats what you consider impact then be my guest. But Taylor Swift's impact rests on how she shifted revenue flow from exploitative monopolies like Universal, forcing Apple Music's hand in increasing revenue per stream to all its artists, changing voter turnout by 200% in her home state after endorsments.

 

All the impact yall talk about is frozen in the moment in time they happen, the newspaper headlines they make, Taylor Swift's impact actually has value towards fellow musicians and changes how much money they earn and in my opinion, thats what matters more.

 

Let them know. :clap3: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Here’s the proper full quote, @ 0:20 seconds

 

 

Shes quoting the magazine I literally sent you 2 posts ago: Bloomberg. :rip: 
 

Hope this full context makes it less misleading for you. 

I couldnt hear that she said time but I edited it after I heard it again. Anyway, its a cute title lets see if anyone is actually still saying it in a few years. :michael:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Another magazine? Interesting. I would love to see a video of people actually saying this though. :michael:

It’s not a magazine it’s an interview with Barbra Walters, one of the most respected and esteemed media journalists in modern American history :deadbanana2: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

I couldnt hear that she said time but I edited it after I heard it again. Anyway, its a cute title lets see if anyone is actually still saying it in a few years. :michael:

I know, I didn’t realize the first video I sent was cut off that’s my bad. It’s why I found the full intro clip for you. 
 

We’ve been saying it for a decade now, it’s not going away any time soon. :rip: in fact half this site was trying to claim “Adele is the REAL music industry” last year as 30 was coming out as some sort of lame dig at Taylor, when here we are damn near a year later and Taylor has proven herself to be the music industry for the umpteenth time. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

 

That’s how you know Taylor’s title as “The Music Industry” is iconic :deadbanana2:

It’s not just some ATRL/stan Twitter slang

It was said by Barbara Walters on 2020 :chick2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ImsoLOUD said:

sameeeeeespacer.png

That gif 😂😂😂 I almost spit my Apple Juice out :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

It doesn’t feel like it. Sure, no other artist (guy/girl) has been able to match the success that Taylor has exhibited the past several years, but, for some reason Taylor doesn’t feel like The Queen of Pop. 

Like, name one thing that Taylor has contributed to pop culture that has made a lasting impact, outside of The Swifties. The only thing I can think of is the embarrassing Taylor/Kim/Kanye moment. For instance, Taylor has never had a “Beyoncé self-titled moment,” “Britney/XTina kiss,” “Lady Gaga meat dress” moment, etc. A lot of her success and acclaim feels very local to people who really enjoy her and The Swifties. Her success and/or popularity doesn’t typically transcend barriers outside of her stratosphere. 

 

That’s all. :giraffe:

:bibliahh: The only things ATRLers consider iconic are frivolity and lewdness. No wonder you guys are so out of touch. 

OP: Yes, she feels like the Queen of Pop but that title is beneath her now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

That’s how you know Taylor’s title as “The Music Industry” is iconic :deadbanana2:

It’s not just some ATRL/stan Twitter slang

It was said by Barbara Walters on 2020 :chick2:

Truly, I didn’t even realize it had been her title since 2014. And people on here really tried to reassign it to Adele last fall. :ahh: :dies: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

You guys always say it doesn’t “feel” like it and then list dresses and wigs. :rip: Beyoncé’s self titled is the only truly LEGENDARY thing you listed and still, that’s too new to really call legendary. It’s the same with Taylor. A lot of the things she’s accomplishing now are legendary — 3x AOTY, something Stevie Wonder and Paul Simon alone have accomplished — but because she’s still in her imperial era and it’s still relatively recent, it’s not going to feel historic. When we look back at the trail of success she blazed, that’s when we’ll know.

 

When we look back on Madonna’s Sticky & Sweet tour, we know that was a moment for the history books.

 

in the future, when we look back on reputation & Eras Tours, we’ll know that was a moment for the history books.

 

Just let the dust settle. As much longevity as Taylor has had, she’s still only in her early 30’s. By the time she’s 40 she will have achieved even greater heights than she has now. And at that point I don’t know what will be left to prove.

New or not, self-titled changed the release schedule for new music in the music industry. It popularized surprise releases and visual albums. Britney/XTina kissed was talked about on a normal basis for several years and has been referenced so many times in pop culture it’s crazy.


Yes, Taylor’s 3 AOTY wins are great and something to be proud of, but, she is not shifting the genre in any way. As referenced before, she hasn’t really had a huge pop culture moment that has had EVERYONE talking—a viral moment, if you will. 


Lately for me with Taylor, she seems more focused on stats and how well her music is performing. I feel like up until the reputation era and some of the mixed reviews from that, mixed with the Kim and Kanye thing, not being nominated in GRAMMYs Big 3, really made her insecure a bit about her craft and has resulted in this obsessed lady who only cares about being perfect, still. 
 

I do think at the end of the day, Taylor will certainly be remembered as an icon in her own right, but, saying Queen of Pop—at least for now—doesn’t feel true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, Midnights has proven that Taylor is the NEW Queen of Pop. No flop eras, non-stop acclaim and impact. :clap3:

Madonna was phased out when Gaga debuted so she lost that title ages ago. No other popgirl has deserved that title as much as Taylor Swift. :cm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

New or not, self-titled changed the release schedule for new music in the music industry. It popularized surprise releases and visual albums. Britney/XTina kissed was talked about on a normal basis for several years and has been referenced so many times in pop culture it’s crazy.


Yes, Taylor’s 3 AOTY wins are great and something to be proud of, but, she is not shifting the genre in any way. As referenced before, she hasn’t really had a huge pop culture moment that has had EVERYONE talking—a viral moment, if you will. 


Lately for me with Taylor, she seems more focused on stats and how well her music is performing. I feel like up until the reputation era and some of the mixed reviews from that, mixed with the Kim and Kanye thing, not being nominated in GRAMMYs Big 3, really made her insecure a bit about her craft and has resulted in this obsessed lady who only cares about being perfect, still. 
 

I do think at the end of the day, Taylor will certainly be remembered as an icon in her own right, but, saying Queen of Pop—at least for now—doesn’t feel true.

Stevie Wonder didn’t shift the boundaries of his genres with all 3 of his AOTY wins either. In fact there’s only so much that genres can be pushed or blended at this point, that’s not the only stipulation for having legendary albums or being a legendary artists. There’s legends who never stepped outside the confines of their genre (like most of the global rock bands specifically) and yet they’re able to sell out stadiums 4 and 5 decades after their career peaks. That’s exactly what Taylor is. She’s not the “pop legend” that MJ or Madonna were and that’s ok. She’s a legendary artist period. In her own right. Or rather, she’s becoming one. 
 

And for what it’s worth I don’t agree she’ll ever be the Queen of Pop. It’s something Madonna will pretty much always deserve, she earned that, and Taylor doesn’t embody a POP STAR the way Madonna did. She’s just going to be a legendary artist but not tethered to the glitz and glam of pop music. Especially when folklore and Red are two of her essential albums, and they’re not really pop albums for the most part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taylor is bigger than Madonna so she's beyond that title. Don't insult Taylor like that. :biblio:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

madonna will always be the queen of pop. her career is not only built on incredible sales and chart runs, but completely influencing everyday culture and changing the music industry.

 

taylor could never 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The comments in here at first made me a bit disappointed

QOP is just a title, don't hold on to it it so much :dies: it's not that serious

 

but then swifties came and made me laugh by dismissing Other females as "tabloid fodder" :toofunny3:

 

 

Yall really can't have a normal discussion without going to extremes and totally undervalue what women have done for this industry/world...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She's one of the biggest Pop artist at the moment! I mean I wouldn't say of all time but she is at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

The comments in here at first made me a bit disappointed

QOP is just a title, don't hold on to it it so much :dies: it's not that serious

 

but then swifties came and made me laugh by dismissing Other females as "tabloid fodder" :toofunny3:

 

 

Yall really can't have a normal discussion without going to extremes and totally undervalue what women have done for this industry/world...

While most of Madonna’s work was extremely bold for its time, I do think most “”iconic moments”” of the 21st century HAVE just been tabloid fodder. Miley twerking on Robin Thicke and Britney/X kissing Madonna didn’t -do anything- for the industry and definitely not for the world :rip: That’s not to downplay the impact that Britney (and Madonna) have had outside of that because trust me, they’ve had plenty. But this site tends to think sensationalism and provocation are the ONLY iconic moments a (female pop) artist can have. When that’s simply not true, and it undermines the actual influence that these women have on the industry and the world, as you yourself said. 
 

Gaga’s meat dress is a pretty iconic fashion moment, but that’s not at all what I would list when explaining to someone -why- Gaga is a pop icon, for example. She has so many more meaningful moments related to her musical career. I wish other people felt the same way about women in music.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I know, I didn’t realize the first video I sent was cut off that’s my bad. It’s why I found the full intro clip for you. 
 

We’ve been saying it for a decade now, it’s not going away any time soon. :rip: in fact half this site was trying to claim “Adele is the REAL music industry” last year as 30 was coming out as some sort of lame dig at Taylor, when here we are damn near a year later and Taylor has proven herself to be the music industry for the umpteenth time. 

Oh, im not talking about her proving herself. There's pretty much nothing left for her to prove success wise. I was simply referring to the title. Its really not that serious to be honest and I wasn't trying to shade Taylor at all. I was just curious about the nickname since I honestly dont follow her career very closely.  :michael:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it hilarious that the Swifties say Taylor has surpassed Madonna but don't even specify what she surpassed Madonna in to be exact.

 

Someone care to explain?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tropez said:

Taylor already surpassed Madonna in a sales climate much worse than Madonnas peak

 

3 hours ago, Tropez said:

She's 15 years in her career, but this point Madonna was already slowing down. Taylor just isn't

Are you completely aware that Madonna and Taylor started at different ages?

 

Do you honestly think Taylor is going to have mega success in her 40s?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ugo said:

Rihanna has been left in the dust long ago. :ahh:

 

Halloween culture =/= impact plus most people don't even remember Britney albums let alone that kiss. :rip:

Rihanna still has the most streamed album of the MPG’s on Spotify and her 14 #1’s are still ahead of her peers, what dust?
 

 

Never forget that a soundtrack song nearly made y’all cry to Billboard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...