Jump to content

Taylor Swift is the new Queen of pop!


SmittenCake
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ImsoLOUD

    23

  • WeFoundTrouble

    24

  • Sex with Rih

    24

  • ugo

    27

11 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Two album of the year awards from the Grammys, multiple #1 debuts selling 1 million each, sold out stadium tours. Taylor already surpassed Madonna in a sales climate much worse than Madonnas peak. Which by itself is an even bigger accomplishment. She's 15 years in her career, but this point Madonna was already slowing down. Taylor just isn't.

15 years into her career Madonna released her best selling studio album in Europe Ray of Light :bird:
 

Mind you, Taylor hasn’t really become a global force until like 8 years into her career while Madonna’s 1982-1998 run was as global as it gets from the get go. Y’all are so eager to discredit Madonna. :coffee2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

madonna is still the empress of Pop!!!!

Edited by wsurferwayne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the US she'll probably end up outperforming/outselling Madonna when all is said and done. And even then It wouldn't mean much, Barbra Streisand has sold more records than Madonna in the US yet which one of the two is considered the most influential and impactful female artist of all time? :michael:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Materialboy215 said:

I want W/E the Swities been having lately cause baby 😂

sameeeeeespacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Taylor Swift IS the music industry, :jonny4:

Has anyone called her that outside of twitter and ATRL?

Edited by FightForTanas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

She still has to surpass a lot of other women. Even Rihanna is still ahead of her :ahh:

PLSSS :ahh: you wish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Has anyone called her that outside of twitter and ATRL?

yes and tbh it suits her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn’t feel like it. Sure, no other artist (guy/girl) has been able to match the success that Taylor has exhibited the past several years, but, for some reason Taylor doesn’t feel like The Queen of Pop. 

Like, name one thing that Taylor has contributed to pop culture that has made a lasting impact, outside of The Swifties. The only thing I can think of is the embarrassing Taylor/Kim/Kanye moment. For instance, Taylor has never had a “Beyoncé self-titled moment,” “Britney/XTina kiss,” “Lady Gaga meat dress” moment, etc. A lot of her success and acclaim feels very local to people who really enjoy her and The Swifties. Her success and/or popularity doesn’t typically transcend barriers outside of her stratosphere. 

 

That’s all. :giraffe:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Has anyone called her that outside of twitter and ATRL?

Girl. We got the name from Bloomberg, a respected publication. Literally none of the Swifties had thought of such an iconic name until they coined it for us.

 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-11-12/taylor-swift-and-big-machine-are-the-music-industry

 

Edit: wow they were really ahead of their time, calling her this in 2014 before the 1989 or reputation tours, 1989 & folklore winning AOTY. 94 folklore & evermore‘s immense critical acclaim. :chick3: 

 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too safe for that title. She is more of a Carole King in her own lane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

In the US she'll probably end up outperforming/outselling Madonna when all is said and done. And even then It wouldn't mean much, Barbra Streisand has sold more records than Madonna in the US yet which one of the two is considered the most influential and impactful female artist of all time? :michael:

!!! Also

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

It doesn’t feel like it. Sure, no other artist (guy/girl) has been able to match the success that Taylor has exhibited the past several years, but, for some reason Taylor doesn’t feel like The Queen of Pop. 

Like, name one thing that Taylor has contributed to pop culture that has made a lasting impact, outside of The Swifties. The only thing I can think of is the embarrassing Taylor/Kim/Kanye moment. For instance, Taylor has never had a “Beyoncé self-titled moment,” “Britney/XTina kiss,” “Lady Gaga meat dress” moment, etc. A lot of her success and acclaim feels very local to people who really enjoy her and The Swifties. Her success and/or popularity doesn’t typically transcend barriers outside of her stratosphere. 

 

That’s all. :giraffe:

You guys always say it doesn’t “feel” like it and then list dresses and wigs. :rip: Beyoncé’s self titled is the only truly LEGENDARY thing you listed and still, that’s too new to really call legendary. It’s the same with Taylor. A lot of the things she’s accomplishing now are legendary — 3x AOTY, something Stevie Wonder and Paul Simon alone have accomplished — but because she’s still in her imperial era and it’s still relatively recent, it’s not going to feel historic. When we look back at the trail of success she blazed, that’s when we’ll know.

 

When we look back on Madonna’s Sticky & Sweet tour, we know that was a moment for the history books.

 

in the future, when we look back on reputation & Eras Tours, we’ll know that was a moment for the history books.

 

Just let the dust settle. As much longevity as Taylor has had, she’s still only in her early 30’s. By the time she’s 40 she will have achieved even greater heights than she has now. And at that point I don’t know what will be left to prove.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, L.B GAGA said:

Too safe for that title. She is more of a Carole King in her own lane. 

Carole had ONE big album and a few decent performing ones. Taylor has outdone that track record 5x over :rip: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

It doesn’t feel like it. Sure, no other artist (guy/girl) has been able to match the success that Taylor has exhibited the past several years, but, for some reason Taylor doesn’t feel like The Queen of Pop. 

Like, name one thing that Taylor has contributed to pop culture that has made a lasting impact, outside of The Swifties. The only thing I can think of is the embarrassing Taylor/Kim/Kanye moment. For instance, Taylor has never had a “Beyoncé self-titled moment,” “Britney/XTina kiss,” “Lady Gaga meat dress” moment, etc. A lot of her success and acclaim feels very local to people who really enjoy her and The Swifties. Her success and/or popularity doesn’t typically transcend barriers outside of her stratosphere. 

 

That’s all. :giraffe:

Thats always the argument now is it?

 

'It doesnt FEEL', 'I dont THINK', 'she doesn't HAVE', its always subjective, always the same old same old impact this meat dress that sex book this politics that. 

 

When will yall accept that Taylor is not the type of artist to shock the world and make lewd or sexually charged moments, Britney, Gaga and Madonna were all tabloid fodder and if thats what you consider impact then be my guest. But Taylor Swift's impact rests on how she shifted revenue flow from exploitative monopolies like Universal, forcing Apple Music's hand in increasing revenue per stream to all its artists, changing voter turnout by 200% in her home state after endorsments.

 

All the impact yall talk about is frozen in the moment in time they happen, the newspaper headlines they make, Taylor Swift's impact actually has value towards fellow musicians and changes how much money they earn and in my opinion, thats what matters more.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Girl. We got the name from Bloomberg, a respected publication. Literally none of the Swifties had thought of such an iconic name until they coined it for us.

 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-11-12/taylor-swift-and-big-machine-are-the-music-industry

 

Edit: wow they were really ahead of their time, calling her this in 2014 before the 1989 or reputation tours, 1989 & folklore winning AOTY. 94 folklore & evermore‘s immense critical acclaim. :chick3: 

 

Oh, i was talking about people in pop culture or the GP or other celebrities. Everyone knows Madonna as the Queen of pop, Michael as the King of pop and Britney as the Princess of pop. Do people in real life actually refer to Taylor as THE music industry? Ive never heard anyone actually say this out loud. :deadbanana: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

She still has to surpass a lot of other women. Even Rihanna is still ahead of her :ahh:

Rihanna has been left in the dust long ago. :ahh:

 

12 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

It doesn’t feel like it. Sure, no other artist (guy/girl) has been able to match the success that Taylor has exhibited the past several years, but, for some reason Taylor doesn’t feel like The Queen of Pop. 

Like, name one thing that Taylor has contributed to pop culture that has made a lasting impact, outside of The Swifties. The only thing I can think of is the embarrassing Taylor/Kim/Kanye moment. For instance, Taylor has never had a “Beyoncé self-titled moment,” “Britney/XTina kiss,” “Lady Gaga meat dress” moment, etc. A lot of her success and acclaim feels very local to people who really enjoy her and The Swifties. Her success and/or popularity doesn’t typically transcend barriers outside of her stratosphere. 

 

That’s all. :giraffe:

Halloween culture =/= impact plus most people don't even remember Britney albums let alone that kiss. :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WeFoundTrouble said:

Carole had ONE big album and a few decent performing ones. Taylor has outdone that track record 5x over :rip: 

Yes same as Streisand. Queen of Pop is a title for someone selling massive units while challenging culture norms and releasing iconic music hitting all fronts of fashion, dancable pop etc. Simply unique. Safe good adult contemporary mucis  always sells-Taylors in her own niche but not what queen of pop entails. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

She still has to surpass a lot of other women. Even Rihanna is still ahead of her :ahh:

No one from this century is ahead of her.

 

 

But she isn't the QOP, that's far too narrow and juvenile of a category. She's The Music Industry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Jjang said:

15 years into her career Madonna released her best selling studio album in Europe Ray of Light :bird:
 

Mind you, Taylor hasn’t really become a global force until like 8 years into her career while Madonna’s 1982-1998 run was as global as it gets from the get go. Y’all are so eager to discredit Madonna. :coffee2:

Europe isn't the world. No one is discrediting her. But its obvious Madonna has been surpassed, and as I said this was done during a tougher sales climate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yall take irrelevant titles so seriously.  Everyone is name prince and princess these days in magazines :dies:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Oh, i was talking about people in pop culture or the GP or other celebrities. Everyone knows Madonna as the Queen of pop, Michael as the King of pop and Britney as the Princess of pop. Do people in real life actually refer to Taylor as THE music industry? Ive never heard anyone actually say this out loud. :deadbanana: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

 

Another magazine? Interesting. I would love to see a video of people actually saying this though. :michael:

Edited by FightForTanas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FightForTanas said:

Who was she quoting? Who said it best? This is a misleading video. :skull:

Here’s the proper full quote, @ 0:20 seconds

 

 

Shes quoting the magazine I literally sent you 2 posts ago: Bloomberg. :rip: 
 

Hope this full context makes it less misleading for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...