What are you starting to like less about yourself as you get older?

MadonnasBoyfriend

My laugh lines and number 11s are getting easier to see :biblio:

A physical trait is so vapid. :rip: 

----

I used to think my cynicism and pessimism was endearing and "realist" but now I'm thinking it's just a downer and unattractive. It's sexier and more fun to be happy and upbeat.

Probably that I can't choose one career, I'm a generalist and change my life up like every three years bc I get bored :rip: 

Nothing, it's actually the opposite.  The things I disliked about myself when I was super young are now traits I value.

My general weight... it's been fluctuating a lot these last 2 years, but I cannot seem to able to lose it as easily anymore. After turning 30 my motivation to workout daily also diminished... I also work from home now so it takes a lot for me to want to focus on losing weight. It doesn't bother me on a daily basis.... but looking at myself in pictures or videos taken by someone else makes me soooooooo uncomfortable. 

4 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

My general weight... it's been fluctuating a lot these last 2 years, but I cannot seem to able to lose it as easily anymore. After turning 30 my motivation to workout daily also diminished... I also work from home now so it takes a lot for me to want to focus on losing weight. It doesn't bother me on a daily basis.... but looking at myself in pictures or videos taken by someone else makes me soooooooo uncomfortable. 

-Walking a LOT

-cardio a LOT in addition to resistance training at least 5x a week

-a fairly “decent” diet , you can treat yourself don’t starve or be super strict 

- 12-24 months of patience 

you will see results 

I blew up between 2019-2021 due to the pandemic and injuries and have to rework my body and hormones and new techniques this year to shift it (still a work in progress but ^ seems to be working)

18 minutes ago, Tropical said:

----

I used to think my cynicism and pessimism was endearing and "realist" but now I'm thinking it's just a downer and unattractive. It's sexier and more fun to be happy and upbeat.

I truly think being edgy and "counter culture" is a trait built solely off vanity and most people naturally lose that personality because as you get older, you realize no one really gives a **** about you and your fixation on how you "present" yourself becomes pretty obsolete. :gaycat6:

maybe the things I don’t like it’s that I always give up easily tbh before it was like whatever but now I feel it’s something I have to work more on the things I start… also I’m not that stressed but when I feel

stressed I feel it so much so it’s horrible lol 

14 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

as you get older, you realize no one really gives a **** about you and your fixation on how you "present" yourself becomes pretty obsolete. :gaycat6:

Very true, which is why I have embraced my quirks I thought ppl disliked bc at the end of the day we are all we have, truly; and I’d rather spend my time finding ppl that align with me than to make myself a certain way to appease certain ppl.

13 minutes ago, CBC said:

my massive ****. its starting to make my back hurt :deadbanana4:

Are you considering reduction surgery? 

The older I get, the more I hate how short I am. I know people say you accept it or don't care as you get older but I absolutely hate my height. There are teenagers (people 10+ years younger than me) taller than me and it makes me feel inferior. I applied for a school position and I know that it's probably going to be difficult for the students to respect me if they are taller than me.

How attracted I am to older men. So the older I get the older the men I am attracted to are. A Lana stan indeed. :skull: 

1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Number 11s?

12 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

Number 11s?

Someone didn't watch and just like that LOL

1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

What does number 11? Mean?

3 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

What does number 11? Mean?

You have to stream all of and just like that to find out!

29 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Someone didn't watch and just like that LOL

i watched and still have no idea what you’re talking about :rip: 

that i sleep in any chance i get and it kind of makes me feel i wasted the day

1 hour ago, Tropical said:

----

THIS THIS THIS 

I used to LOVE my cynicism and everyone always thought I was “so funny” but now I just feel like I sound like a tired, bitter, angry middle aged gay :gaycat7:

My lack of social skills, i always hated that i couldn't make friends as easy as other people but now that i'm at uni, the place where i believe many people could be friends with me, it's really making me depressed. I even made a thread about it a few months ago and managed to get a best friend but i truly think things could be better. It's just heartbreaking to me seeing other students in friend groups already... will i ever have one? :(

16 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

i watched and still have no idea what you’re talking about :rip: 

What are you starting to like less ABOUT YOURSELF as you get older?

1 hour ago, fauxtography said:

I truly think being edgy and "counter culture" is a trait built solely off vanity and most people naturally lose that personality because as you get older, you realize no one really gives a **** about you and your fixation on how you "present" yourself becomes pretty obsolete. :gaycat6:

20 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

THIS THIS THIS 

I used to LOVE my cynicism and everyone always thought I was “so funny” but now I just feel like I sound like a tired, bitter, angry middle aged gay :gaycat7:

I really thought turning my nose up at the world and feeling holier than thou was what made me special but actually it just deprived me of joy and made me miserable and feel alone. :rip: OBVI there's still a wicked little streak of cynicism about the world I can't shake but yeah, I'm working on it because it's not cute.