Is Frozen 2 forgotten or a classic..?

Da Vinci

Frozen 2 completely outgrossed Frozen 1 domestic and worldwide (though it declined a lot in Japan)

But it literally just came and went and I never heard anyone talk about it during and after it got released which is a reverse Frozen 1 experience

I think the biggest problem WASN'T that they couldn't top Let It Go or even Do You Want To Build A Snowman which became winter classics

The biggest problem was that the majority of the movie was a whole lot of

Vague, forced lore that attempted to be Avatar the Last Airbender but without being interesting or fun or have an engaging conflict/villain. The awkward colonialism story shoed in without any resolution, everything stayed the same in the end except they got a new queen I guess? :rip: . Like forget making another Let It Go, how can you even make good songs out of this type of story lol

Like literally what was the point of the movie aside from grossing another billion dollars :skull: 

It's forgotten.

I have to rewatch it again to remember what happened in the movie.

The first one is more iconic. I mean, Let It Go>>>>>

:turkey:

The screenwriters tried to do too much with a franchise with surface-level world building and lore.

They should’ve gone for something simple like Elsa’s powers stop working cause of global warming or whatever and turns out the same mystical thing that gave Elsa her powers also gave fire powers to some other girl and she’s out of control. Then they become BFFs and everything goes back to normal.

Edited by ProudLBS

It's an underrated gem. They topped all the song's from the first movie with Show Yourself alone. That song's entire sequence is one of the best things Disney has ever done. Though the music in Frozen 2 in general is so much better than the first film. Also, they went for a more mature story, and while that probably went over all the kids heads, I really appreciated it. 

Frozen franchise is garbage and contributed heavily to adult Disney culture and the revival of generic soundtrack ballads

I haven't even seen it but it only grossed that much becuz the hype for the sequel is so high. But yeah, Into the Unknown is that girl

I believe Frozen 2 is a masterpiece, it's just most people were not emotionally mature to understand the message behind it. They expected the same basic plot in the first movie. And let's not talk about the soundtrack, Show Yourself is arguibly one of the best Disney songs. So yeah, that project was and still is an underrated gem :heart: