US Congress to hold official hearing after Taylor Swift-Ticketmaster fiasco

Feanor

18 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Can already see her pulling her usual humbrags about the 14 million people and the tour gross at the hearing.  :dies:

the clip will become the new /thread whenever anyone tries it :dies:

The only artist who could have more court dates than single performances.

Where is this notion Taylor’s going to attend on her own volition coming from here? Even if she did opt out of dynamic pricing as she claims, you can bet Tree and her lawyers are telling her to avoid Capitol Hill like the plague. This is NOT just another chance for a light-hearted photo-op and pre-written statement, she is NOT going to further badmouth the biggest source of her bag publicly, even if she is pissed. The only way she’s going is if she’s requested by the Senators for press attention for their cause and even then it’ll be apologies to her fans and nothing concrete about industry reforms.

Look, I’m not OTH - her points with Radiohead about streaming revenue have been incredibly valuable and I’ve been with her most of the way re: Scooter. But on this, let’s get real.

Tay’s “power” or lack thereof in this instance aside, one of Trump’s appeals court judges or a conservative majority in SCOTUS will absolutely save this merger from being split, point blank and period. Too many shareholders relying on that.

At this point if she ran for president she’d 100% win. Her power is beyond 

We literally just had more people die from mass shooting and this is what congress has to rush to talk about? This has been an ongoing issue for ever. Ticketmaster should have fixed this on their own EONS ago. 

This mediocre artist really has America in a chokehold I guess. 

But but but no iconic look! :ducky:

1 minute ago, FreeXone said:

We literally just had more people die from mass shooting and this is what congress has to rush to talk about? This has been an ongoing issue for ever. Ticketmaster should have fixed this on their own EONS ago. 

This mediocre artist really has America in a chokehold I guess. 

1. Congress multitasks, they address more than one issue per day :rip: And sadly, if Sandy Hook Elementary’s school shooting a decade ago couldn’t incite gun reform, nothing will. It’s the sad reality that most of us have had to accept.

2. we need to stop corporations from extorting the middle and lower class. It’s a financial crisis. A first world problem, sure, but it still needs to be addressed. Taylor is just the straw that broke the camel’s back, but this will benefit artists and fans alike. 

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

1. Congress multitasks, they address more than one issue per day :rip: And sadly, if Sandy Hook Elementary’s school shooting a decade ago couldn’t incite gun reform, nothing will. It’s the sad reality that most of us have had to accept.

2. we need to stop corporations from extorting the middle and lower class. It’s a financial crisis. A first world problem, sure, but it still needs to be addressed. Taylor is just the straw that broke the camel’s back, but this will benefit artists and fans alike. 

As long as this is fixed before Beyonce drops her tickets. 

I can't believe it took TS's ticketing to drag TM into this. I'm glad it's being made aware of that scummy company. I have to give credit to miss swift :clap3:

When the Swift Antitrust Act pass in Congress then what :redface:

23 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

When the Swift Antitrust Act pass in Congress then what :redface:

The SWIFT Act —

(S)elling (W)ith (I)ntegrity to (F)ans of (T)aylor Act 

:gaycat4: 

3 hours ago, InventedGays said:

The way yall will rush to defend a monopoly just because you dislike a pop star :rip:

Im literally a stan thats not a hate comment lol

1 hour ago, FreeXone said:

As long as this is fixed before Beyonce drops her tickets. 

You will have a breeze purchasing a ticket from who ever is your fave dont worry lol :rip:

8 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

You will have a breeze purchasing a ticket from who ever is your fave dont worry lol :rip:

Taylor is not the first artist to have people complain about ticket scalpers so watch your tongue. Pathetic just like this mediocre womans talent. 

5 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Taylor is not the first artist to have people complain about ticket scalpers so watch your tongue. Pathetic just like this mediocre womans talent. 

Try not to a be passive aggressive next time and maybe people won’t quote you :giraffe: 

On 11/23/2022 at 4:25 PM, Pristine said:

:ahh: madonna was never close this popular 

State your age and provide a copy of your ID as proof. Imagine being this delulu.

16 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Enjoy your wp baby girl :rip:

2 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

State your age and provide a copy of your ID as proof. Imagine being this delulu.

These people are ridiculous.  No one is gonna be quoting a Taylor song 40 years from now. The disrespect of legends