Jump to content

German players put hands on mouths to signify how Qatar stifles free speech


anti-bitch
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

There is no freedom of speech in football. Just look at what happened to Mesut Özil when he denounced the treatment of Uyghurs in China.

It’s freedom of speech only when it fits the narrative lol. These countries don’t even realize how hypocritical they look which makes things even worse :toofunny3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • katara

    4

  • Bloodflowers.

    4

  • Jay07

    5

  • C-Amber

    9

7 hours ago, C-Amber said:

There are many powerful impactful women in Qatar and in Gulf in general that been making changes here

Many?  Compared to what, the population of my home town?  It's quite telling that the first powerful woman you thought of is literally one of THREE wives to the former Emir (who she was married to at 18) who had a Qatari poet sentenced to THIRTEEN years in prison for criticizing him.  Do you not see how messed up this already is?  That's not gender equality.  :deadbanana4:

Edited by Archetype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Archetype said:

Many?  Compared to what, the population of my home town?  It's quite telling that the first powerful woman you thought of is literally one of THREE wives to the former Emir (who she was married to at 18) who had a Qatari poet sentenced to THIRTEEN years in prison for criticizing him.  Do you not see how messed up this already is?  That's not gender equality.  :deadbanana4:

Comparing to that Qatari Women are only small percentage in a small country that is less regular city, and on top of that many women there are not ethnic Qataris. So make the math, of course it will be small, I can literally name you other women, many which I follow in IG, but by the way you talking you ain't interested in the truth, you just pinned this image in your mind about everything and don't want to change it.

 

And are you talking about Mohammed al-Ajami? Who's poem was incite a coup in the country, the Coup d'Etat that many countries still effected badly by it and never recovered till today, even ISIS thrived because of this. And to update you since your living in the past, AlAjami already out of the prison ages ago by order from the Amir himself. But I guess your sources never follows up with anything, just put bad headline and never follows what will happen later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, C-Amber said:

Comparing to that Qatari Women are only small percentage in a small country that is less regular city, and on top of that many women there are not ethnic Qataris. So make the math, of course it will be small, I can literally name you other women, many which I follow in IG, but by the way you talking you ain't interested in the truth, you just pinned this image in your mind about everything and don't want to change it.

 

And are you talking about Mohammed al-Ajami? Who's poem was incite a coup in the country, the Coup d'Etat that many countries still effected badly by it and never recovered till today, even ISIS thrived because of this. And to update you since your living in the past, AlAjami already out of the prison ages ago by order from the Amir himself. But I guess your sources never follows up with anything, just put bad headline and never follows what will happen later.

I hate to break it to you, but you not only just admitted there is an incredibly small number of powerful women in Qatar, but this rings true for most gulf nations as well.  It’s not that I want it to be this way, I don’t, but where are the female CEOs and execs of large companies not owned by their husbands, where are the female rulers/prime ministers, where are the single non-married women leading something that makes waves outside their region?  Why is it that the most successful and influential women from these regions tend to be the wife or mother of someone even more powerful?  It’s unfortunate but true.  This, once again, is not gender equality, and it’s sad you fail to see this.

 

Also not you excusing a decade long prison sentence over a POEM, you cannot be serious.  :deadbanana4:  People write worse things every single day on Twitter.  

Edited by Archetype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait, wait, wait.

 

So I'm supposed to be UPSET at a team for having values and making a progay stance on an international event that brings and exposes others to it because...Germany was like, really bad before I was born? :dies:

 

The people in this thread, social media and the world at large defending a bigoted institution while attacking people who have values consistent with human rights and safety are dangers to freedom. There's nothing to mince words about.

 

Respect isn't in hand with dehumanizing someone based on their identity(aka orientation) and does not exist in such conditions. Anyone saying otherwise is a bigot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not some Gulf people here bringing up colonialism when Qatar is one of the main sponsors of misinformation and TERRORISM on Earth  :deadbanana4:

 

ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Jabhat al-Nusra, Al Jazeera, Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban; you name it, Qatar sponsors it :hoetenks:

Edited by ProudLBS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2022 at 9:58 PM, LadyDiana said:

Emanuel can **** me on the fields in that **** country just to make a statement

al;ksdflasdk;l the scream i let out but same, i can't never say nauer to eMANuel.

also straights making fun of this, jesus :skull: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Y'all... Manuel Neuer is one of the biggest allies we have in football! I wish more players were as brave as him!

 

QLMWIKORR3OZL3T5WTFFKTXKQA.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

not some Gulf people here bringing up colonialism when Qatar is one of the main sponsors of misinformation and TERRORISM on Earth  :deadbanana4:

 

ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Jabhat al-Nusra, Al Jazeera, Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban; you name it, Qatar sponsors it :hoetenks:

It's also sponsored by the biggest western countries in the world , but you already knew that.... I hope at least....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Y'all... Manuel Neuer is one of the biggest allies we have in football! I wish more players were as brave as him!

 

QLMWIKORR3OZL3T5WTFFKTXKQA.jpg

 

 

King:bird:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super glad they lost after this. 
 

why don’t you do the same in Germany? Freedom of speech here is as bad. We saw it during covid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AintNoOtherMe said:

Super glad they lost after this. 
 

why don’t you do the same in Germany? Freedom of speech here is as bad. We saw it during covid. 

please elaborate how your freedom of speech has suffered during covid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2022 at 11:31 AM, Archetype said:

Many?  Compared to what, the population of my home town?  It's quite telling that the first powerful woman you thought of is literally one of THREE wives to the former Emir (who she was married to at 18) who had a Qatari poet sentenced to THIRTEEN years in prison for criticizing him.  Do you not see how messed up this already is?  That's not gender equality.  :deadbanana4:

Their leader has 3 wives? :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's really interesting to see the same suspects in here that scream at the top of their lungs about Israeli apartheid defend Qatar's right to their own domestic caste system and silence any form of criticism re: homophobia/xenophobia lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

It's really interesting to see the same suspects in here that scream at the top of their lungs about Israeli apartheid defend Qatar's right to their own domestic caste system and silence any form of criticism re: homophobia/xenophobia lol

NEWSFLASH: we can criticize both Terrosit Israel and Qatar.

 

And last time I checked no one here is defending Qatar's laws, homophobia, etc like you do with the crimes of the IDF against Palestinians. You are just mad at people for speaking the truth and seeing through the pinkwashing lol. :laugh:

 

OT - Hypocrisy and performative activism at its finest. You only made things worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

NEWSFLASH: we can criticize both Terrosit Israel and Qatar.

 

And last time I checked no one here is defending Qatar's laws, homophobia, etc like you do with the crimes of the IDF against Palestinians. You are just mad at people for speaking the truth and seeing through the pinkwashing lol. :laugh:

 

OT - Hypocrisy and performative activism at its finest. You only made things worse. 

Considering Qatar is a state sponsor of internationally recognized terrorist group Hamas, there’s only one nation that can be considered a “terrorist” state. Moreover, why are we supposed to be silent about Qatar’s mistreatment of their indentured servants from Southeast Asia? Many here are quick to bring up Israel’s apartheid towards Palestinian workers, but we’re supposed to smile and nod at Qatar’s caste system because it’s their “culture.” Inch resting. It’s not just the despicable gay rights situation we’re questioning here, so your pink washing card is irrelevant to the conversation.

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

Considering Qatar is a state sponsor of internationally recognized terrorist group Hamas, there’s only one nation that can be considered a “terrorist” state. Moreover, why are we supposed to be silent about Qatar’s mistreatment of their indentured servants from Southeast Asia? Many here are quick to bring up Israel’s apartheid towards Palestinian workers, but we’re supposed to smile and nod at Qatar’s caste system because it’s their “culture.” Inch resting. It’s not just the despicable gay rights situation we’re questioning here, so your pink washing card is irrelevant to the conversation.

 

spacer.png

I confused but so you are saying that you only think of one issue at a time instead of multi-tasking. What are you trying to prove, explain it to me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2022 at 9:23 AM, ChapelHooker said:

empty, performative bullshit 

Literally this. All the quacks in this thread applauding like this is something is legitimately hilarious. Meanwhile in Germany protestors get beat up by police and support for Palestine is universally banned. What a pathetic joke 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Literally this. All the quacks in this thread applauding like this is something is legitimately hilarious. Meanwhile in Germany protestors get beat up by police and support for Palestine is universally banned. What a pathetic joke 

How’s it feel to live in an alternative reality? Every single synagogue in Germany is under police protection because of the “support” the Palestinian cause gets 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2022 at 11:03 AM, Letemtalk said:

There is no freedom of speech in football. Just look at what happened to Mesut Özil when he denounced the treatment of Uyghurs in China.

Exactly, they crucified the poor guy causing him to retire and leave football forever. So lets cut the hypocrisy here, the west supports causes that are convenient to them, it's all about the politics.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...