Iggy reveals “Beg For It” scrapped video plans

Kings.

Def Jam stopping their own damn bag and preventing a sure to be ICONIC visual directed by THEE legend himself from happening :jonny2:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kings.

• SmittenCake

• Espresso

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell lies. She can't afford LaChapelle!

9 minutes ago, Fetch said:

You’re not @SmittenCake ???

What?

4 minutes ago, konaa said:

I smell lies. She can't afford LaChapelle!

Doubt that, and this was most likely at the labels expense, not to say she couldn’t afford him (as if he costs some unattainable amount of money) :toofunny3:

MØ, her career-ending power. :gaycat2:

Edited by Communion

The song was ass and was never going to be a hit. Should've just re-released "Work" with a remix.

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

MØ, her career-ending power. :gaycat2:

Omg :deadbanana4: I forgot about this travesty 

5 minutes ago, Protocol said:

The song was ass and was never going to be a hit. Should've just re-released "Work" with a remix.

It climbed to #27 after debuting at #92, sold over 605k+ copies within 2 months of it’s release and is certified platinum. I’d say that was a hit all things considered.

2 minutes ago, Kings. said:

It climbed to #27 after debuting at #92, sold over 605k+ copies within 2 months of it’s release and is certified platinum. I’d say that was a hit all things considered.

Not when it was following a #1 smash and a #3 hit. It single-handedly ended her mainstream career. Just going Platinum was a flop for a big pop girl single back in that time.

Debuting at #30 isn’t even bad smh :rip: I can’t begin to say how many ways her career has been sabotaged

i wish i never clicked on this post because now i’ll never be able to stop thinking about this :jonny5:

I remember patiently waiting for this because I thought the lyric video had such a cool aesthetic and then MØ ruined everything with that performance... :deadbanana4: A shame.

Edited by LustSpell

It's hilarious how this song was pretty much bound to be MØ's breakthrough, then she screwed it up with that performance but ended up getting one of the biggest EDM hits of the decade a few months later with Lean On while Iggy's career took a nosedive :rip:

16 minutes ago, Britney Is Fierce said:

It's hilarious how this song was pretty much bound to be MØ's breakthrough, then she screwed it up with that performance but ended up getting one of the biggest EDM hits of the decade a few months later with Lean On while Iggy's career took a nosedive :rip:

Yes I was shocked when I heard Lean On was becoming a hit :redface:

She should've kept the original Charli XCX version if she wanted to bag another hit

The song was never going to be a hit... It's Fancy 2.0 and keeping Charli on the track would've only made the comparisons worse.

It had a fairly big radio deal on release week , so the label kinda invested a bit on it.

A debut in the 30s isn’t even that bad. Maybe it was for Iggy in her prime, idk, I’m not sure where Black Widow debuted.

They scrapped Beg For It for Trouble, which flopped even harder.

So that entire section on its Wiki page on scheduling conflicts and her tour schedule was a PR lie? :rip: 

Also HOW am I just learning of this SNL debacle? :ace: MØ did a handwritten apology and was banned from future performances? :deadvision:

her label was so dumb for that, if anything the video would’ve helped raise interest in the song and help it chart higher :redface:

3 hours ago, Britney Is Fierce said:

And not to mention, a literal year later she got ANOTHER EDM smash with Cold Water. Like while she completely fumbled the bag with Beg For It, she acquired two MAJOR smashes that she can live on forever afterwards :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.