Jump to content

Renaissance debuts at #1 on Dance/Electronic Chart


chosensparkles
 Share

Recommended Posts

I guess because of the Grammy nomination in the field, but wow what a huge oversight on their part 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way they were actively refusing to categorise the album correctly. :skull: Ridiculous. At least now it's in the right place. :clap3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Darkgalord said:

:ahh: The shameless fraud and corruption :ahh:

Where is any fraud being committed here? :skull: The way the sight of Beyoncé's name just makes you froth at the mouth and unable to access any logic. :toofunny3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Where is any fraud being committed here? :skull: The way the sight of Beyoncé's name just makes you froth at the mouth and unable to access any logic. :toofunny3:

Ren came out months ago and now all of a sudden Billboard does this to please Beyonce’s  demands after the grammys announced their nominations. It’s very sketchy IMO. But okay. 

:toofunny3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

... and this, my friends, is why Beyoncé does what she does.

 

Not only did she craft an album right down the middle between the confines of Dance and R&B, but I'm sure her Grammy submissions and subsequent nominations, as well as this Billboard charting issue, were tests. Once her solo studio albums go #1 and she keeps her record intact, she has nothing to lose artistically at this point.

 

She had the Country & Rock Grammy academy wings SHOOK in 2016/2017 with Daddy Lessons & Don't Hurt Yourself, and that Country one was further exacerbated when labelmate Lil Nas X stepped on the scene with "Old Town Road".

 

She is literally creating precedents for how Black crossover acts will navigate and be treated moving forward. :clap3: 

 

Not a sprint, but a marathon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Ren came out months ago and now all of a sudden Billboard does this to please Beyonce’s  demands after the grammys announced their nominations. It’s very sketchy IMO. But okay. 

LOL *Looks at the Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic Songs Chart*

 

*Sees Break My Soul (#1 peak - 22 weeks on chart), Thique (#4 peak - 16 weeks and counting), Pure/Honey (#6 peak - 16 weeks and counting), and Summer Renaissance (#3 peak - 16 weeks and counting) all charting.* :dies:

 

 

Is this not a dance album to you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Ren came out months ago and now all of a sudden Billboard does this to please Beyonce’s  demands after the grammys announced their nominations. It’s very sketchy IMO. But okay. 

:toofunny3:

Where exactly are you getting that anything was demanded from Beyoncé? :skull: People have been shouting for months that the album was charting in the wrong genre. BMS (and a handful of other album tracks) were classified as dance, but the album as a whole wasn't. You're now upset that Billboard has rectified its mistake and moved it to the correct genre? And you're blaming Beyoncé?

 

Honestly, the way you try and attack this woman over literally nothing is straight up embarrassing. :toofunny3:

 

Edited by MrLovett
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

. You're now upset that Billboard has rectified its mistake and moved it to the correct genre? And you're blaming Beyoncé?

 

Honestly, the way you try and attack this woman over literally nothing is straight up embarrassing. :toofunny3:

 

Girl, pls. It’s clear these companies would do anything for Bey. Just be happy your fave has this power and influence. There’s no need to deny it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

LOL *Looks at the Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic Songs Chart*

 

*Sees Break My Soul (#1 peak - 22 weeks on chart), Thique (#4 peak - 16 weeks and counting), Pure/Honey (#6 peak - 16 weeks and counting), and Summer Renaissance (#3 peak - 16 weeks and counting) all charting.* :dies:

 

 

Is this not a dance album to you?

Good for her. 
first the electronic album nominations and now billboard. She always gets justice. 
poor other artists don’t get this ‘fair treatment’ tho. :lakitu: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Girl, pls. It’s clear these companies would do anything for Bey. Just be happy your fave has this power and influence. There’s no need to deny it. 

20 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Good for her. 
first the electronic album nominations and now billboard. She always gets justice. 
poor other artists don’t get this ‘fair treatment’ tho. :lakitu: 

So to be clear; there's no evidence of "fraudulence", there's no evidence of Beyoncé going down to Billboard HQ and demanding they correct the genre placement of her album after 3 months and you're ignoring the fact that half the album has already been charting on the Dance/Electronic chart. :gaycat6: You're just mad that Beyoncé's dance album is being credited as such on Billboard and the GRAMMYs? :skull: 

 

Honestly, it's time to get a grip. :toofunny3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monsters are just so obsessed with Beyoncé, it's ridiculous and scary. 

 

OT The album is dance and had BB classified it as dance since the beginning, it would have spent maybe more than 2 months on top. 

 

It's clear they decided to do it after the Grammy's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way this is going to ruin the album’s chances at the Billboard Music Awards :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

another one in the basket :alexz: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 11:46 AM, trainsskyscrapers said:

... and this, my friends, is why Beyoncé does what she does.

 

Not only did she craft an album right down the middle between the confines of Dance and R&B, but I'm sure her Grammy submissions and subsequent nominations, as well as this Billboard charting issue, were tests. Once her solo studio albums go #1 and she keeps her record intact, she has nothing to lose artistically at this point.

 

She had the Country & Rock Grammy academy wings SHOOK in 2016/2017 with Daddy Lessons & Don't Hurt Yourself, and that Country one was further exacerbated when labelmate Lil Nas X stepped on the scene with "Old Town Road".

 

She is literally creating precedents for how Black crossover acts will navigate and be treated moving forward. :clap3: 

 

Not a sprint, but a marathon. 

and this, this is the bottom line that most tend to miss.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...