Tweet saying everyone should respect Homophobic cultures goes Viral & gains acceptanc

KnightOfAllRealms

Christians and muslims are both effed up. Your religions are founded on hatred and intolerance and if you identify with either one of them I don't give two shits about your feelings.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BadMonster

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Literature

• A.R.L

6 hours ago, Kassi said:

The man doth protest too much, methinks. :chick2:

Like, you cannot convince me these men are not ******* each other.  Only 25% of Qatar is women. Makes you wonder.

These are the population pyramids for the US, UK, and Qatar:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s giving prison teas. Maybe they just don’t want their cover blown. :jonnycat: 

Oh wow :deadbanana2:

Half a million likes goodbye :rip:

But also people in here responding to this with islamophobia are no better. Did your parents never tell you "two wrongs don't make a right" :gaycat6:

58 minutes ago, Scars said:

Ikr, they couldn't care less about disenfranchised groups in brown countries. They never did and probably never will.

Qatar is not perfect. It has it's own history of financing proxy wars, alongside NATO, in other muslim-majority countries and a large amount of people facing the social economic hardships to live there are muslims. Many of the people having substantial, nuanced conversations about those issues are non-western muslims as well, especially from countries like Libya and Syria, but a discourse conducted through non-orientalist lens isn't relevant to many users here because it won't fullfil their fantasies of seeing their countries become ethno-states in the name of "progress" (like you said, the irony!). 

See how they rarely talk about current liberation movements in MENA, historical local political forces that fought for a secular administration in muslim-majority countries and were shut down by western imperalist forces or even today's political and economic dynamics in the Persian Gulf, but you can always count on some to either resort to dog whistles or just derail the conversation and start advocating for the expel of western muslim nationals that have zero to do with events in *insert here the muslim-majority country of the month*. :zzz:

This. Like honestly, I'm so tired of western gays especially in ATRL using the pain of us queer people in Muslim majority countries as a brownie points to make them feel good about themselves that they live in somewhat better environment. It literally has the same energy as people pointing at homeless people on the street & said "you should study more or else you will end up like them" to their kids :skull:

And then these same people would turn around and openly support white nationalism that further stop queer people in those countries they actively criticize to escape their life like- what's not clicking :skull:

It’s honestly kind of hilarious when people use liberal ideology to appeal to right wing populists. Despite what leftists would allow you to believe, cultural relativism is a backwards way of thinking and unprogressive.

3 minutes ago, Domination said:

It’s honestly kind of hilarious when people use liberal ideology to appeal to right wing populists

Whew you better drag Ben Shapiro :clap3:

4 hours ago, TheRealGâteau said:

Then how come, 60% of inmates in France are Muslim, despite making up only 7.5% of the entire population? Other disproportions can statically and objectively be depicted in unemployment rates, education, income among many other markers, as well. 

....you just answered your own question. Poverty fuels crime. :skull:

8 hours ago, Kassi said:

The man doth protest too much, methinks. :chick2:

Like, you cannot convince me these men are not ******* each other.  Only 25% of Qatar is women. Makes you wonder.

These are the population pyramids for the US, UK, and Qatar:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s giving prison teas. Maybe they just don’t want their cover blown. :jonnycat: 

You do realise men in Arab countries can marry 4 women? And many do this and will still do. So the idea you trying to make isn't true, it's just your fantasies. 

600k already :rip:it will have 1M at the end of the week :monkey:

9 hours ago, CottageHore said:

Your belief that gay people do not deserve to exist freely like straight people is a bullshit belief. Me being gay is not a belief. It is an inextricable part of my humanity. When will these absolute nuts learn this. We are not going to “respect” your beliefs when your belief is literally that you do not need to respect us. If you truly can’t exist in a world where people are wearing rainbow shirts, you’re a weak loser with a skill issue. 

Islam is a religion of hatred and bigotry, just like Christianity. This isn’t a controversial opinion, it’s fact.

That's actually the problem with most MENA countries. Unlike Western societies, homosexuality doesn't constitute an identity and it's more seen as a behaviour. Most of the men there who secretly engage in sex with other men don’t consider themselves gay. The act itself may satisfy a need for them but it doesn't strip a man of his "masculinity" as long as he keeps it private. Like someone said in the last page, Muslims are extremely obsessed with their image. And as for the religious aspect they can always (secretly) repent later. Sad but that's the way it is.

16 hours ago, Communion said:

....you just answered your own question. Poverty fuels crime. :skull:

Many immigrants from those kind of countries beat/kill their wives, they will still live in theft and drugs even when life is much better than their home country.. Change  is something that comes with many decades of education, but the lack of integration makes things even harder.

Edited by A.R.L

15 hours ago, cockatoo said:

Half a million likes goodbye :rip:

But also people in here responding to this with islamophobia are no better. Did your parents never tell you "two wrongs don't make a right" :gaycat6:

Islamophobia  doesn't exist.

Besides the obviously inflammatory conservative leaning of the op that no one believes, twitter is literally the place where nazi, racist, misogynistic posters are being uhbanned, supported and endorsed by a billionaire conservative man pushing for fascism. Methinks hit tweets there there that endorse hate isn't really a marker of how anyone who's against hate due to religion, which is what most of you who claim you're concerned about homophobia employ instead of being against a western endorsed, bigoted anti-gay stance which you very people also endorse but only under the banner of other religions of choice.

Hope that helps.

On 11/22/2022 at 9:04 AM, Domination said:

It’s honestly kind of hilarious when people use liberal ideology to appeal to right wing populists. Despite what leftists would allow you to believe, cultural relativism is a backwards way of thinking and unprogressive.

See, I kind of agree with aspects of this, but also that - not to suggest you've done so- the bigger frustration is the way liberalism fails to combat essentialism by refusing to adapt to a material view of the world. Like this idea of it either being cultural relativism or essentialism feels self-evident of a problem. The entire point should be that one can't use "culture" as a lens to the world and only class.

That's why I don't think so much it's leftist pushing the kind of cultural relativism you mention. I've seen some people try to co-opt language with regard to imperialism, but these people are themselves just conservatives. None of them are proposing things like planned economies or democratic centralization. 

So you have two reactionary forces going "the West should mind its business and focus on its crimes!" versus  "yeah, the West is bad, but at least we're not savages!" when an actual material analysis would be to point out how it's obscene to suggest Qatar is *not* part of some global Western alliance.

It feels like the most effective takedown of Qatar's awful politics is not cultural essentialism but pointing out that one of America's largest collaborators in imperialism doesn't actually oppose that very imperialism:

not to agree with Lawrence of Arabia, but who in their right mind goes to Qatar, let alone as a visibly gay person with a rainbow flag? :rip: if anything I'm surprised he didn't get arrested!

On 11/22/2022 at 8:29 AM, Claymore said:

Christians and muslims are both effed up. Your religions are founded on hatred and intolerance and if you identify with either one of them I don't give two shits about your feelings.

You forgot Judaism also. Since homosexuality is also forbidden and is the most violent one. 

On 11/21/2022 at 11:03 PM, LustSpell said:

I'm not afraid to say I can't wait until all these losers against basic human rights CROAK. Religion truly breeds some of the most evil scum around. A world without Christianity and Islam is a dream world for me

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Religion is the real enemy and has been for thousands of years. It's not hard to believe that billions of people are stooped into their obvious lies and propaganda because most people are morons and can't think for themselves. Most people just believe in whatever authority figure in their life tells them to without question. The silver lining is that fewer people do believe and religion is slowly dying out. 

So many racist people in this thread. Where are the moderators? 

On 11/21/2022 at 11:03 PM, LustSpell said:

I'm not afraid to say I can't wait until all these losers against basic human rights CROAK. Religion truly breeds some of the most evil scum around. A world without Christianity and Islam is a dream world for me

I cackle whenever y'all act as if only Muslims and Christians can become bad people when we had people like Stalin and Genghis Khan who were responsible for the deaths of millions of people despite them not being part of those religions y'all love to bash and point fingers at. :skull: 

Edited by Sugar-Rush

I mean, Qatari people are trash - and I don't care who gets offended, but if you think my existence as a gay man is a matter of "culture" you're a horrible human being.

1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

I cackle whenever y'all act as if only Muslims and Christians can become bad people when we had people like Stalin and Genghis Khan who were responsible for the deaths of millions of people despite them not being part of those religions y'all love to bash and point fingers at. :skull: 

Okay? No one is forgetting about them. I'm referring to the current point in time where the excuse to take away civil rights and be a homophobic piece of shi t IS a religion issue. If that's the "culture" you want to defend, piss off and do your own thing.

Edited by LustSpell

On 11/25/2022 at 2:49 AM, ProudLBS said:

not to agree with Lawrence of Arabia, but who in their right mind goes to Qatar, let alone as a visibly gay person with a rainbow flag? :rip: if anything I'm surprised he didn't get arrested!

Why not? qatar openly hates israel (although they have secret relations), yet it allowed the israeli media to go there and roam the streets of doha which led to complete chaos between them and the opponents.

I find it funny and strange that a country like israel would be given an exception but not some peaceful rainbow flags? This man probably hadn't been attacked by anyone, until he reached the security at the entrance to the stadium.

7 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

Why not? qatar openly hates israel (although they have secret relations), yet it allowed the israeli media to go there and roam the streets of doha which led to complete chaos between them and the opponents.

I find it funny and strange that a country like israel would be given an exception but not some peaceful rainbow flags? This man probably hadn't been attacked by anyone, until he reached the security at the entrance to the stadium.

Because it’s illegal to be gay in Qatar and they may arrest you! Personal safety first :deadbanana:

4 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

Because it’s illegal to be gay in Qatar and they may arrest you! Personal safety first :deadbanana:

I didn't say otherwise, nor is it legal to recognize the state of israel in qatar or through the local media, there are no direct flights between the two, but exceptions have been made to make direct flights now possible for the duration of the world cup.

Gays are not asking for an immediate change in qatari law or need a gay bathhouse in doha :rip:, they just want their flags and symbols to be respected, but instead qatar shows more respect for israel than the peaceful gays.