Qatar denies CBS journalist from entering stadium with rainbow shirt

anti-bitch

he did it only for attention. C'mon even my 5 year old niece knows by now that Qatar banned anything related to rainbow let alone the LGBT community :rip:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jennifer

• Kassi

• Patient Zero

• Oxy

24 minutes ago, rp662 said:

The world cup is a WORLD WIDE event which draws people from across all backgrounds and countries; with the gays being one group of audience. Qatar and everyone KNOWS this well in advance. If Qatar has a problem with this, then they should NOT have applied to host the event. This also goes for other issues such as banning beer, etc. FIFA is also responsible for accepting Qatar’s check. :coffee2:

I agree that FIFA should’ve never accepted the checks. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

he did it only for attention. C'mon even my 5 year old niece knows by now that Qatar banned anything related to rainbow let alone the LGBT community :rip:

Exactly. He knew what he was doing and what the outcome would be. All performative nonsense. 

Take the issues up with FIFA. They chose Qatar.

He's literally asking to be banned by wearing the shirt, he know the rules of a country HE'S VISITING, then respect the rules, simple as that.

Also, the **** is ugly asf and deserves to be banned worldwide. 

17 minutes ago, LittleMonster2012 said:

in case you didnt know the "rainbow flag" is a trademark and not every gay person identifies with that ****

ezgif-2-458ac7d0a3.gif

A trademark? Owned by who, exactly? :skull: You specifically said that this represents American propaganda but the rainbow flag is used in a myriad of countries, what do the gay people that don't identify with it have to do with anything? 

13 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

Being lgbt isn't a western ideology. :rip: These comments are wild! Absolute clowns, go back to the alt-right cesspool you crawled out of.

First of all, is this the best you can to rebuttal? 

Second, how isn’t this a western ideology? When an absolute monarchy of a Islamic religion can adapt such a cause when it’s population composed of 97% Muslims add to it the huge margin of muslim expats as well as of Catholics and orthodox. 

Thirdly, Give me an excellent example of a nation with similar attributes who have adapted this narrative and went on successfully without outraging  its religious subjects. 

Lastly, how am I alt right when I’m Middle Eastern and have no concerns with your buzz words of political issues, I’m simply talking of how nations differ in so many aspects that doesn’t conform to your western “ideologies” ie your political surroundings. So they either can be respected or ignored. 

42 minutes ago, Kassi said:

It’s one thing if the rule is like “no littering” (see: Singapore), or even “no weed” (see: Russia/Brittney Griner) cause then it applies to everyone. 

But literally denying gay people (or any minority) their dignity/humanity makes them and their country and their religion bottom tier scum of earth material. What’s truly embarrassing is believing in sky daddies and committing human rights violations.  :cm:

So now being gay = wearing rainbow merchandise? Sexuality ≠ consumption choices like clothing. He’s not being turned away for being gay. Any journalist donning a rainbow T in Qatar is baiting a story & wanted this to happen. This isn’t a case of “being discriminated against for who you are”. This outcome was his intention behind wearing the shirt, let’s be real

1 minute ago, Oxy said:

First of all, is this the best you can to rebuttal? 

Second, how isn’t this a western ideology? When an absolute monarchy of a Islamic religion can adapt such a cause when it’s population composed of 97% Muslims add to it the huge margin of muslim expats as well as of Catholics and orthodox. 

Thirdly, Give me an excellent example of a nation with similar attributes who have adapted this narrative and went on successfully without outraging  its religious subjects. 

It isn't a western ideology because being lgbt isn't a concept invented by western countries, tf? :skull: 

5 minutes ago, Oxy said:

Lastly, how am I alt right when I’m Middle Eastern and have no concerns with your buzz words of political issues, I’m simply talking of how nations differ in so many aspects that doesn’t conform to your western “ideologies” ie your political surroundings. So they either can be respected or ignored

I won't respect nor ignore homophobia, thx for the suggestion though. 

Cant believe these European organizations are turning such a blind eye to this :dies:

Yet they are preaching for acceptance and whatnot :ahh:

literally making football clubs pay up if their fans start acting ignorant

YET cant do the same for their OWN choices??

Go against Islam teachings & laws and it's gon' cost ya! Poor ha performative activism, at least he got publicity or whatever!

XdvOdpA.gif

10 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

So now being gay = wearing rainbow merchandise? Sexuality ≠ consumption choices like clothing. He’s not being turned away for being gay. Any journalist donning a rainbow T in Qatar is baiting a story & wanted this to happen. This isn’t a case of “being discriminated against for who you are”. This outcome was his intention behind wearing the shirt, let’s be real

Is it legal to be gay in Qatar? Quick!

7 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

It isn't a western ideology because being lgbt isn't a concept invented by western countries, tf? :skull: 

I won't respect nor ignore homophobia, thx for the suggestion though. 

First one: being gay isn’t exclusive to the west but it’s so far applied in the west where it’s against law and religion in many nations.

Second: the respect part comes in hand when you are willingly coming to someone’s house and decide to redecorate it as you please. 
Then get mad by the reaction. 

Served him right, respect the rules just like some countries banned the hijab but nobody has said anything. 

9 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Is it legal to be gay in Qatar? Quick!

Where did I say it is? You said they’re being denied on the basis of being gay & that’s a bold faced lie. Nobody investigated his sexuality. He was denied because he didn’t follow a dress code. Two things can be true at once. Huge ******* obviously Qatar has massive human rights issues, never said they don’t. But if the journo really gave an f, he’d boycott/not attend in the first place. He wanted to be persecuted for a story, he’s not some brave revolutionary. A t-shirt isn’t a radical political gesture that’s gonna start change. Shame on him for using a serious issue as an opportunity to get some clout

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Jennifer said:

Lol all these people are so ridiculous and full of themselves. He knows the rules, what is the point of wearing that hideous shirt? The alphabet mafia is arguably the worst of the social justice mob groups, just embarrassing 

Enjoy your vacation from ATRL. You’ll have more time to watch the soccer now.

Being homophobic to the point where you ban a rainbow logo is not a "rule", it's discrimination and extreme bigotry. How are people defending this? You can't "ban" gay people, they are human beings and they have rights. How is this not coming through here of all places?

some of the gays in here should be deported to Qatar and see how they like being stoned and jailed

20 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Where did I say it is? You said they’re being denied on the basis of being gay & that’s a bold faced lie. Nobody investigated his sexuality. He was denied because he didn’t follow a dress code. Two things can be true at once. Huge ******* obviously Qatar has massive human rights issues, never said they don’t. But if the journo really gave an f, he’d boycott/not attend in the first place. He wanted to be persecuted for a story, he’s not some brave revolutionary. A t-shirt isn’t a radical political gesture that’s gonna start change. Shame on him for using a serious issue as an opportunity to get some clout

P

R

E

A

C

H

Whack to the point they're terrified of... rainbows :toofunny2:

56 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Ok, so he was detained because he may have expressed a positive sentiment toward gay people. Like, don’t you see how that makes it even worse? :cm: Cause what’s the dress code? Can’t wear colors? Where on his shirt did it say LGBT or gay? Do rainbows not exist everywhere in the world?

The underlying issue is that they have an issue with gay people. If they didn’t, this wouldn’t matter because, in the West people can wear rainbow shirts and it not be associated with LGBT (ever heard of tie-dye?) and nobody bats an eye. I mean, god forbid someone wears an NBC, Polaroid, or Skittles branded shirt in Qatar. Oh no! Color!

Please. You can try to gaslight someone else, but it won’t be me. :fish1:

2 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

How are some of y’all on ATRL and homophobic/anti-gay? :deadbanana4:

This. I'm convinced that some people must be trolling for attention. :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

Cant believe these European organizations are turning such a blind eye to this :dies:

Yet they are preaching for acceptance and whatnot :ahh:

THis is what bothers me as well. Qatar has its shitty rules, but we can't do anything about them. As long as you're there as a person you have to follow the rules, because it's YOUR choice being there.

But these companies could've also chosen not to go there and boycott it. But in the end money is more important than human rights.

13 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

THis is what bothers me as well. Qatar has its shitty rules, but we can't do anything about them.

We can sure as heck make noise about it. :cm:

As a gay black person in the US, imagine if my predecessors had been content to live with “the rules”. Not only would I not be allowed to come out, but I'd probably still be in chains.

Heck, I live in Texas, where a gay guy caught having sex was arrested and appealed it all the way up to the Supreme Court, resulting in anti-sodomy laws being struck down nationwide in 2003 (not even 20 years ago!). Imagine if he had just followed “the rules”.

I promise it's GOOD to stand up against BAD things. MLK said “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” and, to him, the purpose of direct nonviolent action (like what this journalist did) was to cause tension so that people have to confront an issue. :bird:

8 minutes ago, Kassi said:

We can sure as heck make noise about it. :cm:

As a gay black person in the US, imagine if my predecessors had been content to live with “the rules”. Not only would I not be allowed to come out, but I'd probably still be in chains.

Heck, I live in Texas, where a gay guy caught having sex was arrested and appealed it all the way up to the Supreme Court, resulting in anti-sodomy laws being struck down nationwide in 2003 (not even 20 years ago!). Imagine if he had just followed “the rules”.

I promise it's GOOD to stand up against BAD things. MLK said “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” and, to him, the purpose of direct nonviolent action (like what this journalist did) was to cause tension so that people have to confront an issue. :bird:

:clap3:

3 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Lol all these people are so ridiculous and full of themselves. He knows the rules, what is the point of wearing that hideous shirt? The alphabet mafia is arguably the worst of the social justice mob groups, just embarrassing 

People who are born gay in that country are being killed. It's important to stand up against that, there needs to be a change, so this is so important to at least attempt to create a change. People are born gay, so why must they be killed over something they had no choice over?  

Edited by Raphy23