What are things you've started liking MORE as you get older?

Sombre

Inspired by this thread: 

I was doing the dishes a few nights ago, cleaning the whole kitchen counters, and returning things back to the fridge or cupboards, and I realized I actually like doing this stuff now. There's something really relaxing knowing that I have personally cleaned those dishes up to my standards and I can make sure they're 100% clean the next time I use them. In my late teens, I was the opposite. You'd enter my dorm and you'd see stacks of dirty dishes in the sink. :rip: 

What about you?

Edited by Sombre

cigars, whiskey, and the leather subculture

Making things myself (furniture, shelves, etc.) and tools

I legit want my own tool shed/workshop now and want to build all the things :dies:

Doesn't help that I love to organize things because I look at any empty corner or space and start planning what would look good there and can be displayed on it and wanting to immediately make it :rip:

No more studying for exams/school. 

I would say I’m still a very intellectually curious person and always pursue a myriad of topics and interests through deep study, but with there being no pressure of sitting exams for a qualification which in the long term will have little benefit to my life or career feels so much more freeing and happier. ?

Oh, radio and streaming platforms too! Being able to discover new sounds, images, themes and topics, than what the MSM push. There’s always something for someone. 

& sports

Edited by sugarysunflower

Radio and podcasts. Even a few years ago I found it boring just listening to someone talking, but now it makes up so much of my entertainment consumption. There's just something comforting about it.

Coffee

2 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

No more studying for exams/school. 

I would say I’m still a very intellectually curious person and always pursue a myriad of topics and interests through deep study, but with there being no pressure of sitting exams for a qualification which in the long term will have little benefit to my life or career feels so much more freeing and happier. ?

This is what I’m looking forward to most when I graduate :jonnycat:

OT: maybe sleeping?? I hated napping as a kid now I want to nap after lunch

Rnb & Rap (like allday, Mac miller etc.)

:jonny6:

Been obsessed with allday for a year and because he takes so much inspiration from Mac miller I went back gave him a listen too and really enjoyed it

Plus my girl rappers like doja, nicki, saweetie. 

I used to know like pop and metalcore but I seem to enjoy most music the more I get older.

15 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

going to bed early

oh i forgot about this one too. nothing like closing everything down and being in bed by 10:00pm. late nights are just not for me anymore. 

Being alone, no spending time with friends or dating.

Quality time with pets

Healthy Food and Lifestyle

Reading and insaciable need for knowledge in all areas

Home décor 

Sleeping earlier

Cooking healthy

Going to museums, theater, opera

Reading more

Taking walks in nature

Having "me time" days where you stay alone at home doing nothing (especially during winter)

Yoga and swimming

i really want a sleep. at least for one day. i dont ask to this life just to work

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.