What are you starting to like less the older you get?

Queen.

Vapid personalities. I feel like when I was younger I wouldn’t really care about someone having nothing to offer if they where gorgeous but now I literally need personality, from friends and partners. I don’t really even care much about looks nowadays tbh.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen.

• Breakdown

• smoore95GAGA

• John Slayne

Loud, crowded bars and clubs. Now I usually go to the house party, then go home when everyone heads out to the clubs.

People who say things they don't mean. Literally what is the point of going on about how much you miss me and need to hang out, when you have zero intention to follow through? You're not doing me a favor, life is too short for pretend friendships, we can part ways and keep it moving.

Edited by PoisonPill

33 minutes ago, Juanny said:

We're not here to do the work and educating this adult should have otherwise they wouldn't have to be schooled and made bitter in some way by some youths so I'd just leave it I guess...

:deadbanana2:

Video games

Noise

Selfies

Family

I really dislike the rigid black-and-white way of classifying people as "bad" or "good" that I had when I was younger. Yeah, some people suck (crypto bros, catty people, etc.). But as I get older I realize it's narcissistic and naive to act like most people are terrible or have no good qualities. That comes from such a cynical, joyless place. If you're kind you are able to enjoy most people's company.

- Working and all the BS office culture

- Drinking, dancing and partying, which is really sad since it used to give me so much joy. I think the pandemic helped in major way to irreparably ruin this for me somehow?

- Huge crowds of people and too much noise.

1 hour ago, 4Real said:

Everything

Chile...

68anickiminajmlaughing.gif

Men & sex :biblio:  they really need to stop forcing me and thinking they can change my mind.

"Drama" - I have a friend who I used to be super super close with, but she's SO much to deal with in terms of always creating unnecessary drama/negativity that I had to step out of our friendship and basically distance myself from her. I notice I get annoyed with people in general more often now who want to create negativity and drama out of nothing. 

uhhh what else... I guess like other users have said, I don't really tolerate flakiness anymore. Like when I was younger I wouldn't let it bother me much, but when I'm on one of my two days off work and you flake on me... yeah I'm not going to put up with that lol

3 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

People who say things they don't mean. Literally what is the point of going on about how much you miss me and need to hang out, when you have zero intention to follow through? You're not doing me a favor, life is too short for pretend friendships, we can part ways and keep it moving.

I have people like this in my life currently. Hugely annoying.

Social media to the point that I'm back in using strictly SMS.

Flying, idealism, arbitrary standards for offense, and social media.

• Loud noises.
  • People who play the victim role about situations that they create.
  • Snowflakes.

4 hours ago, FreeXone said:

WORKING

This

I had the idea when I was younger, even a few years ago that I could find something worthwhile and I wouldn't want to retire at 30 because then I'd have nothing to do. But now I realize I'd rather have nothing to do than work :rip:

Obviously this isn't realistic and just hypothetically speaking, but the idealistic notion that I have a "passion" just waiting to be discovered has definitely gone away with age.

Social media, it's just too fake. BeReal was nice for a hot second, until my friends started posting 5 hours late. Even that you want to fake?

Also people who are just flaky. If a time most of us agreed on doesn't work for you, just say so. Going out your way to fabricate proof as to why you cannot make it is so ugly. I'm not one to hold grudges, but that happened to me a few months ago and to this day I still get a bitter taste in my mouth when I remember it. 

Loud noises and bright lights. I still love a good EDM beat, but after 30 minutes, I just develop a headache. :rip: 

OH AND TARDINESS TRIGGERS ME SO BAD. :deadbanana2: You are in your mid 20's, you cannot be tardy. Manage your ******* time. If I know someone scheduled an Uber for 8:30am but they're still scrambling trying to find that wallet of theirs at 8:37am, I get so triggered. Respect people's times, not everyone runs on your schedule. 

Edited by Sombre

11 hours ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

Heavy drinking/going out to bars and clubs until the early hours of the morning. I partied a lot in college but now it’s like damn ma, I’m tired enough as it is :rip:

omg exactly! I'm 25 and i just moved to Denver from Boulder and I'm already over going out to bars all the time. when I still lived in Boulder i would come down to Denver all the time to go out to bars and clubs and spend all night out roaming around the city, but like RIGHT as I finally moved here in august I was just like "eh i'm over it :michael:"

that's not to say that i don't EVER like going out, but i'm just gonna be doing it a lot less frequently than i did from ages 21-24

18 hours ago, Limitless said:

inconsistency, when it comes to meeting people and creating/maintaing friendships and/or relationships.

accurate

also idgaf about junk food and sweet treats anymore