Jump to content

Justice Dept Investigating TicketMaster over Taylor tickets


19SLAYty9
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is huge for an antitrust case, if she actually is the lynchpin to take them down :jonnycat: 

Edited by Beyonnaise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fascinating how people choose not to read the FIRST LINE of the articles they share:

 

Quote

The inquiry predates the botched presale of Taylor Swift tickets

Anyway, happy it's happening one way or another

Edited by getBusy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good. If it's Taylor Swift is the one who opens the floodgate taking down Ticketmaster's monopoly, then she would be several generations' hero.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Fascinating how people choose not to read the FIRST LINE of the articles they share:

 

Anyway, happy it's happening one way or another

No one in this thread has said anything at odds with the first line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As non american i don't understand this news. What ticketmaster did wrong?. I mean they clearly made some mistakes with the codes and everything but what should be illegal and somenthing to really investigate on?. If they have a monopoly is because the law gave them this power right?. 

Edited by vale9001
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Apparently Ticketmaster works with resellers and gets a cut of the profits. (Allegedly).

How else do you think Ticketmaster/Live Nation, as well as other sites like AXS allows these resell sites?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

As non american i don't understand this news. What ticketmaster did wrong?. I mean they clearly made some mistakes with the codes and everything but what should be illegal and somenthing to really investigate on?. If they have a monopoly is because the law gave them this power right?. 

They are a monopoly because they were allowed to become one in 2010.  The article clearly explains what happened.  It is now looking like they are reassessing that past decision. The issue is they made mistakes, and are the ONLY option. So if they are making mistakes artists still have to continually go back despite those issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

As non american i don't understand this news. What ticketmaster did wrong?. I mean they clearly made some mistakes with the codes and everything but what should be illegal and somenthing to really investigate on?. If they have a monopoly is because the law gave them this power right?. 

They're essentially a monopoly over the live music industry, and while that's not inherently illegal, anything shady they might've done to get there is in violation of antitrust law. Ticketmaster has always been sketchy as ****, so there's no way the DOJ looks at this and doesn't order Ticketmaster get broken into at least a few different pieces. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The scale of the fiasco has definitely given the investigation the boost it needed.  She basically made it easier for them.  Hopefully things move at a quicker pace now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there was one single fan base big and loud enough to bring this monopoly down it would be Swifties. It will probably never happen but this might be the closest we ever get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

They're essentially a monopoly over the live music industry, and while that's not inherently illegal, anything shady they might've done to get there is in violation of antitrust law. Ticketmaster has always been sketchy as ****, so there's no way the DOJ looks at this and doesn't order Ticketmaster get broken into at least a few different pieces. 

Ok so the point is to understand if they are now like abusing of their position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Ok so the point is to understand if they are now like abusing of their position. 

Yes, exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're taking DOWN ticketmonster yup yuP YUP:WAP:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Kavish said:

The scale of the fiasco has definitely given the investigation the boost it needed.  She basically made it easier for them.  Hopefully things move at a quicker pace now.  

:clap3: Hope this can lead to a positive change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look closely, ATRL, because this is what real life impact looks like. Not some performance on stage that only stans remember. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Look closely, ATRL, because this is what real life impact looks like. Not some performance on stage that only stans remember. 

+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Look closely, ATRL, because this is what real life impact looks like. Not some performance on stage that only stans remember. 

as always for her she is influental in what is music related cause you know...musicians. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...