Candace CameronBure books new Christian TV network but doesnt want any gay storylines

MadonnasBoyfriend

MadonnasBoyfriend

Candace Cameron Bure Says Great American Family Will Not Feature Gay Couples, Focus on ‘Traditional Marriage’ Instead

IfIOnlyHadChristmas_Darcy_0454G_RT.jpg-1

While Hallmark Channel is leaning into more inclusive storylines, Candace Cameron Bure and Great American Family are seemingly doing the opposite. In a new interview with The Wall Street Journal, Bure, who exited Hallmark to join former CEO Bill Abbott at the new company earlier this year, opened up about her new role as chief creative officer.

“My heart wants to tell stories that have more meaning and purpose and depth behind them,” she said about making the change. “I knew that the people behind Great American Family were Christians that love the Lord and wanted to promote faith programming and good family entertainment.”

Not only is Bure able star in her choice of films, but she’s also producing religious titles under the “Candace Cameron Bure Presents” banner. Still, the move has come with a great deal of controversy, with her telling WSJ that Hallmark is “basically is a completely different network than when I started because of the change of leadership.” (The network, in turn, commented, “We want all viewers to see themselves in our programming and everyone is welcome.”)

While Hallmark is doing a strong push for more LGBTQ+ storylines — their first original holiday movie focused on a same-sex couple debuts next month — that won’t be happening at Great American Family, Bure said.

“I think that Great American Family will keep traditional marriage at the core,” she said. Abbott added, “It’s certainly the year 2022, so we’re aware of the trends. There’s no whiteboard that says, ‘Yes, this’ or ‘No, we’ll never go here.'”

In September, Abbott and Bure spoke with Variety about their plans to grow the network. When asked about including more diverse stories, Abbott explained, “Sometimes we’re not thought of by people who are really good at those storylines and so we have to go seek them… In growing this business, it’s much a much heavier lift than I ever thought. I knew it was going to be hard, but not this hard. And so, we’ll get there, but it’s not an overnight thing.”

He also stated that “over time” there will likely be opportunity to celebrate other faiths, rather than just Christianity and Christmas. “We don’t have the luxury of having 30 people in development being able to take meetings with a lot of different people. We take as many as we can, but time is limited in the day,” he added

“I think we know the core audience and what they love is exactly how Bill originally built the Hallmark Channel,” said Bure. “That was Christmas and those traditional holidays, so that’s what the focus is going to be. You’ve got to start somewhere. You can’t do everything at once.”

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/candace-cameron-bure-great-american-family-gay-couples-1235432521/

They did her dirty by making that the headline after she grants them an exclusive interview ? Its official yall DJ Tanner hates us. Oh mylanta! ? 

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

Alright then

We been knew about her conservative ways. sad.

“Aware of the trends” :dies: this bully is such an absolute disappointment and there’s a reason she has absolutely no bookings outside of corny, kitschy hallmark-style films. She’s a disgusting person and I can’t stand her. :heart: 

Whatever. I can still watch Full House/Fuller House and separate DJ from her, but I mean...we been knew she and her brother were crazy religious people. 

Hallmark is still trash whether they include LGBTQ storylines or not.

MadonnasBoyfriend

Imagine if she got mad they released their first gay movie and she threatened to quit but they are like nooo we love you here's a Christian TV network with no gays. 

Not this idiot shading us of all people 

spacer.png 

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

Lol the wild irony of her saying they’re focusing on traditional marriage and then saying “sometimes we are not considered and have to seek storylines that represent us” :deadbanana2:

Isn,'t actual 'traditional' marriage just for example a rich farmer marrying the daughter of an other rich farmer to gain more ground and capital? And the women in these marriages are just incubators. I always find it funny Christians/conservatives make such a big deal about 'traditional'stuff while if they actually would be traditional, she would be sitting at home jobless, without voting rights, looking after the kids, cooking, cleaning etc. 

JustLikeHoney

Does she know that the father and mother of the three great nations Jewish, Islam and Christians were a married half brother and sister, Abraham and Sarah. An incestuous marriage blessed by God. 

Next time some idiot online talks about the sanctity of marriage remind them of that and watch their head explode. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

Her brother is Kirk Cameron... so that should tell you everything you need to know. Christians who use religion as a way to weaponize same-sex couples is weird. It's always the yt christians!

Edited by Mellark

JustLikeHoney
9 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Do gays really want a GAF Christmas movie though? Leave us alone please. 

I happen to like cheesy Christmas movies. I want our own It's a Wonderful Life or Love Actually set in present day.  Why is that bad? 

Not Bill Abbot sounding more open minded than her in that interview :deadbanana2: He said they are not ruling out LGBTQ+ people and that he is open to making movies about other religions and having more diversity but she always brings it back to like it needing to be Christian, Christian values and conservative LOL! I am dying of laughter :lmao: 

F these haters. 

Edited by IBeMe

She will burn torturously in hell, vile creature of Jesus. We don't want it, disgusting

The way Kirk completely brainwashed her entire family is sad

She's such a weirdo. I knew she left Hallmark because they started doing LGBT and POC movies. Now I guess we know why Jojo Siwa had beef with her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.