90201 reboot didn’t become as massive as Gossip Girl?

Power love

the absolute chokehold that cw teen shows had on me back then will always remain unmatched

RockStarShit101
19 hours ago, 305 said:

Meghan Markle was in the reboot and gave one of the main characters a blwojob in the car :rip:

:bibliahh:

x1080

This show has so many unlikable characters. The only characters that I like were Naomi, Ade and sometimes Silver. Annie was so whiny and annoying

I must say, I watched all seasons and don’t remember ****…

I really loved the first 3 seasons, and even the beginning of the 4th season, but it became hard to watch after that. Nevertheless, I watched the whole show, and it will always be a fond memory. Oh my gay teen years :dies:

Naomi Clark is QUEEN, and is on par with the likes of Blair Waldorf, Brooke Davis and Summer Roberts.

I watched all the seasons, it was a good show for being a teen drama.

The problem of the show was that it was initially marketed more like a continuation of the OG than a reboot (term that people are more familiar with these days).

I didn't start it immediately indeed because I thought I had to watch the whole previous show (that I only watched occasionally some episode in and there), but the reality is that it was a whole new story and occasionally there was a cameo-guest of the actors from the OG and only in the first season.

It should have been called with another name, however it lasted 5 seasons with a total of 114 episodes and it got a proper ending, tones of CW shows in that period got punctually getting cancelled after one, it wasn't a big hit like GG but it had its follows of audience.

Love how this actor in his mid 30s was still playing a teen in the show :gaycat1:

trevor-donovan-1233560.jpg

10 hours ago, Leptine said:

Love how this actor in his mid 30s was still playing a teen in the show :gaycat1:

trevor-donovan-1233560.jpg

He really got me desperate cause I didn't look like him at 15:skull:

2 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

He really got me desperate cause I didn't look like him at 15:skull:

Screaming :gaycat7:

It was a continuation, but at the same time nothing like the original show.  It was all style with little to no heart, and poor storylines.  People forget (or weren't alive), but the OG show started out as very Degrassi-esque,  with each episode having a "moral to the story". It was also anchored by the Walsh family, who had somewhat traditional/conservative values to balance the "Beverly Hills" lifestyle.  It only became a crazy soap in the later years.  Nowadays teens soaps are all about bad kids behaving badly, which eventually makes everyone unlikable.  

I loved the show

it was superficial and very shallow but entertaining, it was entertaining in your teens.

I do find all these show ridiculous now tho, normal teens don’t live that stuff or have that power even if they are rich af.

This show and GG was more like lifestyle in your 20s being rich af. And all the characters are always in their late 20s or early 30s irl.

The only series that felt not accurate of a teenage life was The OC.

Edited by Trent W

Naomi >>>>>>>

I think the reason it never really took off was because it felt like a cheap knock off version of so many other shows (some of which were also airing around that time).

On 11/14/2022 at 1:51 AM, 305 said:

Meghan Markle was in the reboot and gave one of the main characters a blwojob in the car :rip:

omg :rip: 

On 11/15/2022 at 4:05 AM, Leptine said:

and it got a proper ending

Actually it didn’t. 

Originally the show was supposed to come back for a 6th shorten final season but literally abruptly half way through season 5 plans change out of nowhere & a rush ending was presented that i remember fans being angry at how bad & rush it was. 

It was a terrible way to end a series of 5 years.

The network just gotten a new president during season 5 & he wanted to kill all teen or soap type shows for room for super hero shows. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.