Do you have master's degree?

Before Today

31 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

-Did you go to school in Europe or USA?

-I’ve been contemplating and researching the pursuit for a US MBa for a number of years now. 

1 - US

2 - If you interested in Business def US and UK have great business schools + they will be impressive on your resume. Just make sure you pick a concentration your really interested in i.e. accounting, marketing, HR, etc. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Before Today

• Jotham

• Devin

• Aethereal

2 hours ago, Devin said:

1 - US

2 - If you interested in Business def US and UK have great business schools + they will be impressive on your resume. Just make sure you pick a concentration your really interested in i.e. accounting, marketing, HR, etc. 

May I ask what industry and in what function of your company do you work in currently? I have bachelors in accounting and working for an investment bank in their accounting department, but I'm really interested in private equity. That or perhaps management consulting, that's why MBA might be necessary.

1 hour ago, Before Today said:

May I ask what industry and in what function of your company do you work in currently? I have bachelors in accounting and working for an investment bank in their accounting department, but I'm really interested in private equity. That or perhaps management consulting, that's why MBA might be necessary.

I been in healthcare during all my school years. Where I live healthcare is one of the largest (and most secure) industries; so I started doing entry level office work during undergrad. Then my grad years I moved into the insurance firm side which was a better opportunity for business majors. Recently, I went into banking which is another strong industry but I work in HR. 

In the US, you can lock in an accounting job with a Bachelors BUT if you wanna be top earner or work for a firm like Citi, Barclays, Goldman Sachs – make yourself stand out. Get your CPA early, do a summer internship, be an expert at Excel and GAAP. Also look into grad schools that concentrate on accounting or offer more for MBA programs.

sorry that was so open-ended:skull:

I was planning to, doing all the prep work before applying to some master's degree, but unexpectedly got a great offer and I've been working since then for like 2 years now.

I am thinking to go back for grad school but doing something part-time after I finish work right now seems impossible :rip:

I guess I would either need to quit to go to school or try to negotiate a part-time schedule at work.

I am studying for professional certifications here and there on the side though

I have Logistics master degree :chick1:

My MBA is about to start  in January :gaycat5:

• 5 months later...

I was wondering if any of y'all did some volunteering during your master's that is somewhat relevant to your study and a nice add-ins to your resume?

I will have one next year after completing it.

• ATRL Moderator

Yes but I don’t use it so I kinda regret it.  Lol.  

Yes but I did an integrated masters instead of a bachelor's degree so it was just one extra year on the end of my undergrad. Would recommend if that's an option for any of you. 

• ATRL Moderator

I'm currently in progress for my masters

Yes, because I didn't like getting my bachelor's degree at the beginning of the Financial Crisis and went back to college like this:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952xkcdnxqmwd66mm9e7en

On 11/13/2022 at 8:37 AM, Jotham said:

No, but I just finished my undergrad last year.

I'm planning on eventually getting my master's but I don't know when. I originally planned on doing grad school right after undergrad but I ended up getting a well-paying job so I'm thinking of working there for a few years to build up my finances and figuring precisely what I want to pursue in grad school.

Not me quitting that job four months after making that post. :rip:

I still want to do my master's eventually but I realized that the job I was in wasn't allowing me to explore my interests and what I want to do further in the future. I do want to give myself time before I go to grad school though since I know several people who jumped into a master's program straight away in their twenties and ended up regretting it.

At the moment I'm currently doing volunteer work to keep myself preoccupied and to see what type of work environments I'm interested in.

13 hours ago, Jotham said:

Not me quitting that job four months after making that post. :rip:

I still want to do my master's eventually but I realized that the job I was in wasn't allowing me to explore my interests and what I want to do further in the future. I do want to give myself time before I go to grad school though since I know several people who jumped into a master's program straight away in their twenties and ended up regretting it.

At the moment I'm currently doing volunteer work to keep myself preoccupied and to see what type of work environments I'm interested in.

Can I ask what industry was your previous job? Also, what kind of volunteering are you doing right now? The only volunteering experience I had was AIESEC global volunteer exchange :rip: I'm thinking to do another one but I'm not sure what.

2 hours ago, Legend E said:

Struggling to finish it rn :'(

I feel you. I finished mine last year in Industrial Engineering and Management.

The last steps were HORRIBLE. Just pull through. Especially when it comes to your master thesis…don‘t overthink it and try to put it in perspective. It‘s such a small step in comparison to your whole academic career. Im not saying don‘t put effort into it. Just don‘t make yourself crazy. It wasn‘t worth it AT ALL. Nobody asked for my thesis

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, KingB® said:

I feel you. I finished mine last year in Industrial Engineering and Management.

The last steps were HORRIBLE. Just pull through. Especially when it comes to your master thesis…don‘t overthink it and try to put it in perspective. It‘s such a small step in comparison to your whole academic career. Im not saying don‘t put effort into it. Just don‘t make yourself crazy. It wasn‘t worth it AT ALL. Nobody asked for my thesis

Luckily I am done with my thesis and I kind of feel the same, that it was worthless. I also felt...used and disrespected as a student during it a bit? I did enjoy the topic but the experience was overall a mess. 

My master also includes an internship final component which is what I am struggling with right now. Can't wait to be done with it.

Post High School Mathematics is a pain in ass.

I don't think I can continue Master's.

Proof with Euclidean axioms and known theorems that from all quadrilateral  figures inscribed in a circle the square has the biggest perimeter. Does there exists a continuous functions that exchanges all irrational points with rational one and all rational points with irrational ones?

This type of ****. I thought Math was about solving integrals and limits. 

Nahh thank you. Probably want to continue Computer Science/Data Science. 

Edited by Aristotle

11 hours ago, Before Today said:

Can I ask what industry was your previous job? Also, what kind of volunteering are you doing right now? The only volunteering experience I had was AIESEC global volunteer exchange :rip: I'm thinking to do another one but I'm not sure what.

My previous job was within higher education. I was an administrative assistant for a grad school. I realized two months into the job that I didn't enjoy doing administrative work - it felt very underappreciated, especially in the type of workplace I was in. I was expected to work on weekends and had to work late evenings on some weekdays (sometimes my manager and I would be in the office until 8 PM). I also felt that there was a toxic power imbalance between faculty and staff, some of the professors I worked with were very elitist. Your mileage may vary though since some of my issues with the job may have been unique to my workplace.

I'm currently doing research for the Department of Veterans Affairs. The volunteering is really simple - for a few hours a week I help fact-check articles that the department releases (we release articles about Veterans) along with finding reputable sources for the writers. I'm also in the process of getting onboarded as an after-school tutor since I'm considering getting into education.

I will start my master’s program in accounting in a couple of weeks to get my CPA, but one of my professors already gave us an assignment which is to read a whole book before the program starts :skull:

Wish me luck :weeps: 

I have it and 4 years after I can say its worth absolutely NOTHING.

1 hour ago, BtDecember said:

I will start my master’s program in accounting in a couple of weeks to get my CPA, but one of my professors already gave us an assignment which is to read a whole book before the program starts :skull:

Wish me luck :weeps: 

Rip I majored in accounting for bachelors. It's a must subject for finance professionals, fun to study, but as an occupation is boring imo.

20 minutes ago, Before Today said:

Rip I majored in accounting for bachelors. It's a must subject for finance professionals, fun to study, but as an occupation is boring imo.

Yeah, I’m currently in public practice and the tax season is killing me 😭

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.