Taylor debuts embarrassing Spotify payola

wish

10 hours ago, wish said:

EBdC2WH.png

Seems like every user who hasn't listened to Midnights is getting intrusive pop-up advertisements asking them to stream the album in full??

This is.. certainly a new low :skull: Thoughts?

:rip: :rip: :rip:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wish

• Headlock

• PoisonedIvy

• ImsoLOUD

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Taylor is making millions of dollars from her harmless pop up ad. Y’all are fuming for free about an artist you claim not to care about instead of working a job. Maybe worry about that.  

Btw Spotify is heavily leaning into ads and promotions to make more money so you guys should probably get that blood pressure checked early because there’s only gonna be more of this kind of stuff. 

Spotify is doing the right thing for once. Let me stream Mastermind on repeat

11 hours ago, Devin said:

spacer.png

She don’t fit my algorithm and they pushing hard. :dies:

OMG I haven't seen something like this before  :deadbanana2:

Please :rip: drake and bad bunny had allowed the users to stream their album for free, and Taylor still broke their record, nothing is more embarrassing than that. I have never seen this ad yet. This is just a promo for Spotify, and the performance of Midnights is definitely worth it, it's not like someone is trying to promote something that nobody wants to consume. Since when the normal promo for a smash commercial album became an embarrassing thing?

Edited by Monster Queen

It's such a useless payola :rip: it would have the opposite effect on me if they telling me what I should be doing

Maybe if the ad was a simple grateful "thank you for streaming Midnights, I appreciate you a lot" then it would make people stream more

The way her fans keep denying she isn't a chart hungry indivisual but she proves them wrong everytime :dies: 

And you will do what the music industry says or else

Ed9anPvU8AAlnyM.jpg

Taylor's slayage is just too big. Poor OTHs they keep suffering and seething and fuming since the release day of Midnights. 

She already broke all time streaming records. If anything, Spotify is doing this on their own to get more money :rip:

12 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

The way her fans keep denying she isn't a chart hungry indivisual but she proves them wrong everytime :dies: 

So a promo for a smash album is chart hungry now? Wow, so Adele promoting her album in landmarks all around the world is chart hungry? Drake used fake vogue cover and interview? Rihanna's biggest radio payola? Ed Sheeran and Justin's massive playlisting? Dua's TTH residency? Is there any A-list artist who is not chart-hungry? Is this a drag even? I don't understand.:rip: And I'm not even sure this is paid by her team cause she is both #1 on Spotify monthly listeners and #1 on daily streams, ofc they will do anything for her

3 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

So a promo for a smash album is chart hungry now? Wow, so Adele promoting her album in landmarks all around the world is chart hungry? Drake used fake vogue cover and interview? Rihanna's biggest radio payola? Ed Sheeran and Justin's massive playlisting? Dua's TTH residency? Is there any A-list artist who is not chart-hungry? Is this a drag even? I don't understand.:rip: And I'm not even sure this is paid by her team cause she is both #1 on Spotify monthly listeners and #1 on daily streams, ofc they will do anything for her

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better. We don't even know if her team is doing this or not. 

7 hours ago, Starchild said:

Why do y'all like showing how dumb you are? Y'all are old it's embarrassing

Yikes @ the age shaming over an opinion. 

spacer.png

OT: She is the most desperate of all of the MPG’s and it will leave a mark on her career. 

OTHs are fuming in this thread and I love to see it. Imagine doing over 80m daily streams after 3 weeks of the album release. I totally understand your jealous cause she is literally ONLY one who can have a SOLO #1 single for multiple weeks, smash album with over 1m pure sales, the biggest Spotify number at the same time and still be acclaimed :ahh:If I'm a OTH I will be angry too

OTHs fuming once again while my fav keep breaking their fav recording one by one :ahh: at least before they have Adele shield no they have no one, aww :ahh: 

11 hours ago, khalyan said:

Taylor continues to prove the only likeable thing about her is sale numbers.

This comment alone has the girls plotting their next scheme.

Edited by ImsoLOUD

2 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

This comment alone has the girls plotting their next scheme.

Yes and I'm glad Miss Rihanna tried to copy her strategy last week but failed miserably :ahh:

Edited by Monster Queen

This is obviously smart but paid. It clearly works for her 

And you wish your fav would do it 

3 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

:lmao: Rihanna got this close to the top spot with a solo soundtrack song before the film release, and the song’s a gospel-ish ballad. Taylor could never, and we’ll pass on taking a seat.

had them shaking all week over a soundtrack song 

spacer.png

Just now, ImsoLOUD said:

spacer.png

Well it seems like no just that. She also supports Deep the abuser and implied R9 is not anytime soon.I think this comeback must not satisfy you otherwise you will not be here be jealous of our hardworking queen of pure sales, streams and acclaimed :gaylorcat2:love you energy though

4 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

spacer.png

You have already replied 3 times here. I think you're the one who's shaking.

OT: Can't wait for the tour numbers too. I know OTHs will be shaking in 2023 too :jonnycat:

giphy.gif