Your favorite Taylor Swift album era(s)?

Feanor

Taylor Swift's album eras…  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of Taylor's album eras have been your favorites?

• The 'Taylor Swift' era
    • The 'Fearless' era
    • The 'Speak Now' era
    • The 'RED' era
    • The '1989' era
    • The 'reputation' era
    • The 'Lover' era
    • The 'folklore' & 'evermore' era

From the songs and tour/live performances, to the promo, music videos and aesthetic to simply your general experience as a fan, which of Taylor Swift's album eras have been your favorites?

FhE4zzOWYAAxRns?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The 'Taylor Swift' era?

FhE5SuaWYAEeTG4?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The 'Fearless' era?

FhE1T1WXEAEHkkd?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The 'Speak Now' era?

FhEuKB9XoAETE9b?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The 'RED' era?

FhEoOVmWAAAaIQk?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The '1989' era?

FhEpXWRWQAA4ZD-?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The 'reputation' era?

FhEoNlVWIAARcbn?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The 'Lover' era?

FhEoMeAXgAAI9QX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The 'folklore' & 'evermore' era?

cb2d18b406e2a3d03ca4750c4ed7392966-taylor-swift-2.1x.rsquare.w1400.jpgbf6d6fbaf8c22568fc1916ad41fb4b1f9e-taylor-swift.1x.rsquare.w1400.jpg1200x1200bf-60.jpg1_Taylor-Swift-Eras.jpgtaylor-swift-catsuit-iheartradio-music-awards-2023.jpg

The 'Midnights' era?

*I excluded 'Midnights' since that album/era is still on-going, with hopefully much more to come…

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Edited by Feanor

nothing will ever touch the folkmore era. what a perfect rollout, and perfect timing. you had to be there :jonny3:

I feel like Red and rep are my personal favorite eras. I love the videos, the tours, the live performances, etc. 

Speak Now’s tour was great but the music videos and performances weren’t very memorable. 

Fearless was good for a first blockbuster era but she was a teenager and I was like, 11? :rip: So it didn’t mean much to me. 

1989 was a blockbuster era but wow I just did not care for the squad or the tour or her interviews very much, and while the videos are huge they’re not anything I go back and replay very much personally speaking.

folklore and evermore were great albums but they weren’t really eras at all lol 

Lover was just a whole lotta mid

Debut was fine or whatever 

9 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I feel like Red and rep are my personal favorite eras. I love the videos, the tours, the live performances, etc. 

Speak Now’s tour was great but the music videos and performances weren’t very memorable. 

Fearless was good for a first blockbuster era but she was a teenager and I was like, 11? :rip: So it didn’t mean much to me. 

1989 was a blockbuster era but wow I just did not care for the squad or the tour or her interviews very much, and while the videos are huge they’re not anything I go back and replay very much personally speaking.

folklore and evermore were great albums but they weren’t really eras at all lol 

Lover was just a whole lotta mid

Debut was fine or whatever 

she will never top Haunted on Speak Now Tour methinks

rep > Midnights > 1989 > Red > Lover > the rest

2 minutes ago, Robburro said:

she will never top Haunted on Speak Now Tour methinks

You’re so right :jonny: I lost my Speak Now live DVD but I’m gonna try to search for a good enough version online to stream soon.

For me, I think the real winner is Red. It just feels the most true to who Taylor is holistically, spanning pop to country to rock with a simple overall aesthetic direction. Honestly, I think Red Taylor comes across more naturally as “massive superstar” than she did during 1989, which felt like it had an element of artifice - it was too calculated and picture-perfect. Red TV I think actually served as a great continuation of the era, with Taylor briefly stepping back into the liminal space between her woodsy storyteller self and her pop persona. It’s her own personal niche, the space she most neatly fills in the popular music spectrum that nobody else really does, and it’s honestly something I expect her to settle back into eventually as her commitment to pure pop wanes (though maybe further from now than I had personally thought). I might be off, but I even think the Anti-Hero video evokes Red more than any other era, even if the music really doesn’t.

I don't remember her self titled or Fearless era's because back then she was basically a non-factor in Europe and i was too young. I also don't remember anything Speak Now related because it had zero global hits and the album didn't make noise in Europe back then either. Only until Red i started to really notice Taylor. 1989 was my all-time favorite because she was so inescapable around this time and it was really one of the first English albums i was truly in awe with. I remember being super obsessed with her around this time from her looks to her interviews etc and I listened to it a lot. Then with reputation and Lover she lost me completely. Didn't like those albums at all and i found reputation very corny back then.

folklore/evermore was really a moment 

1989 and Lover were fun to be apart of too 

Folklore/Evermore

Red

Fearless

Speak Now

Lover

Taylor Swift

Reputation>>>>

Red for me. It has the most genuine joy out of all her eras. I love 1989, but some of it did feel watered down and over-manufactured.

4 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Red for me. It has the most genuine joy out of all her eras. I love 1989, but some of it did feel watered down and over-manufactured.

:cm: it'll always hold a place near and dear for me, it was the era that made me a stan.

19 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

:cm: it'll always hold a place near and dear for me, it was the era that made me a stan.

I've been a stan since Fearless, and Speak Now made me love her more, but it Red that put her in my Top 3 and made me obsessed with her. It was the perfect blend of her country, songwriting roots and a new, fun, exciting pop sound (for her) that she started to embrace more. I think that was the most genuine and vulnerable Taylor has ever been.

1989 and Speak Now

I was so invested during both of those eras the most. Still her 2 best albums for me. 

I voted for everything other than TS, Fearless and Lover. I simply cannot choose and it depends on the day!

1939 = rep > Peak Now > Red > the rest

RED is my favorite "era" because it was my first Taylor era that I really followed closely every step of the way. Still my 2nd favorite album from her.

Honorable mention goes to folklore for being a masterpiece and dropping at a time when I really needed it. My favorite album of hers but less of an "era."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.