Shakira is moving to Miami

sugarysunflower

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11402253/amp/Shakira-planning-Miami-two-children-deal-ex-Gerard-Pique.html

Cliff notes: 

Shakira is set to move to Miami next year with her two children by Gerard Pique as part of an agreement thrashed out between the warring couple and their lawyers at a marathon 12-hour meeting.

The Colombian pop star, 45, will relocate from the family base in Barcelona to Florida with sons Milan, nine, and Sasha, seven, early in the New Year according to Catalan press.

Gerard, who broke down in tears on Saturday at Barcelona's Camp Nou stadium during an emotional farewell speech after retiring from football, is said to have ceded to Shakira's wishes to avoid an ugly court {divorce} battle. 

Rival La Vanguardia, which also reported on the agreement 'after 12 hours of negotiation' added: 'Milan and Sasha will go with Shakira to Miami.

'The children will spend Christmas in Barcelona but as soon as 2023 begins, the footballer will say goodbye and assume a painful sacrifice so that the youngsters don't experience an even more traumatic separation between their parents.

spacer.png

I can see why.

Is Miami a tax free state?

On the state level, businesses and individuals pay no personal income taxes. Florida has a comparatively low corporate income tax rate of 5.5 percent, with no inventory tax, no unitary tax and several sales tax exemptions.

Not if the Spanish tax authority has anything to do with it.

This is Saudi Arabia part dos. They will TRAP and END her there I'm afraid d530ded1692acb9508ff5e8040a2eff8.gif

The way she had to separate to move to Miami :skull: glad she’s doing it tho hope it’s not too late to relaunch her career in a massive way tho

when the plane makes an emergency landing in Saudi Arabia :clap3:

2 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

'The children will spend Christmas in Barcelona but as soon as 2023 begins, the footballer will say goodbye and assume a painful sacrifice so that the youngsters don't experience an even more traumatic separation between their parents.

Awww, if only there was a way to have stopped this from happening to start with :'(

good for her!!!

that being said, she wouldn't have been able to move to miami if he hadn't signed off on it due to family court judges favoring custody arrangements that allow chlidren to stay where they were already living... but apparently now he wants to move to andorra (a tax haven) with his girlfriend and just see his kids over vacation so he gave up custody. which makes me sad for the children, at least they have a mother who loves them and more extended family in miami. 

I’ve always been curious about Shakira’s legal status in the United States. 

Shakira’s father is American by birth (born in New York City), so I believe this grants Shakira American citizenship if she seeks it. Has she done this already? I know she lived in Miami for many years before but I believe she just remained as a US resident. 

Also what’s her status in Spain? Is she just a legal resident? I know Colombian citizens can travel to Spain visa free. 

Good! I hope she can start a new life in Miami and also focus on her music career.

Happy for the kids

Also, she made her best bops in miami

45 minutes ago, Giancor said:

Happy for the kids

Also, she made her best bops in miami

Hopefully she still has a studio in the Bahamas! The fixations were made there! :heart:

Barcelona authorities won’t let her go!!

she’s starting 2023 in jail!

2 hours ago, Jmo21 said:

I’ve always been curious about Shakira’s legal status in the United States. 

Shakira’s father is American by birth (born in New York City), so I believe this grants Shakira American citizenship if she seeks it. Has she done this already? I know she lived in Miami for many years before but I believe she just remained as a US resident. 

Also what’s her status in Spain? Is she just a legal resident? I know Colombian citizens can travel to Spain visa free. 

I’ve wondered this myself. She’s definitely eligible for American citizenship but if she was an American citizen she would have to pay American taxes no matter where she lived in the world. Considering she’s had so many tax issues in Spain yet we’ve never heard about her having tax issues with the US, and there have been some really detailed exposés about all of her tax issues printed in the Spanish media which at some point her having to pay American taxes would’ve been mentioned if she was an American citizen, I think she probably never filed for American citizenship.

I believe she’s just a legal resident in Spain as well, Colombian media would’ve found out and ripped her apart if she ever filed for Spanish citizenship.

Barcelona authorities won’t let her go!!

she’s starting 2023 in jail!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.