Jump to content

The 10th Annual ATRL Grammys | Nominations revealed


supaspaz
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • ATRL Moderator

H8aJhcZ.png

 

And we're back! It's time once again to reward the best music of the past year, and to compare our collective tastes with those of the world's premier music awards show. Using the same categories, procedures and timeline as its namesake, the ATRL Grammys provides an opportunity for members to get in on the Grammy fun before the ceremony in February.

 

Billie Eilish made history at last year's show when she became the first artist to sweep all three top categories. What will this year's edition, marking a decade of the ATRL Grammys, bring? We'll have to plenty to celebrate in the months ahead, starting with a new category inspired by changes from the Recording Academy.

 

dh9Maif.png

 

SUBMISSIONS

 

In the first stage of the nomination process, ATRL members can submit their favorite albums, songs and artists in up to 27 actual Grammy categories. Music released from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022 is eligible for consideration. You do not have to enter submissions for every category.

 

BALLOTS ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 20, 2022. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

 

Categories

 

 

General Field
Members can submit up to five choices in each category

Album of the Year
Record of the Year (awarded to the performer and production team)
Song of the Year (awarded to the songwriter and composer)
Best New Artist

Genre Fields
Members can submit up to three choices in each category

Best Pop Solo Performance
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Best Pop Vocal Album
Best Dance Recording

Best Rock Performance
Best Rock Song
Best Rock Album
Best Alternative Music Album

Best R&B Performance
Best R&B Song
Best R&B Album

Best Rap Performance
Best Melodic Rap Performance
Best Rap Song
Best Rap Album

Best Country Solo Performance
Best Country Duo/Group Performance
Best Country Song
Best Country Album

Producer of the Year

Songwriter of the Year
Best Music Video

Lifetime Achievement
Members can submit one artist whose career has made an exceptional impact upon ATRL.

Previous winners are Britney Spears, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Kylie Minogue and Janet Jackson.

 

2jLcrOF.png

 

LONGLISTS

 

In the second stage of the nomination process, ATRL members will pick the final nominees from longlists of the top submissions in each category. These will be announced on November 21, 2022.

 

Longlists

 

BALLOTS ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 30, 2022. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

 

KuBREzd.png

 

NOMINATIONS

 

The nominees in each category will be announced on December 4, 2022.

 

Announcement

 

VOTES ARE DUE BY JANUARY 2, 2023. PLEASE SEND BY PRIVATE MESSAGE.

 

Official ballot

 

WAPP3rT.png

 

WINNERS

 

The winners in each category will be announced during the ATRL Grammys ceremony on February 4, 2023, the day before the real show airs on CBS.

 

OlC3nx2.png

 

PARTICIPANTS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • supaspaz

    407

  • BlackoutZone

    41

  • ATWK

    40

  • Devin

    45

  • ATRL Moderator
  Hide contents

@305 @original_lifeline @mokitsu @alfonso12 @Brando @dangerousalex @Never Ending @GreatestLoveofAll @Insanity @Miss Show Business @beatinglikeadrum @pxxxtrick @Meev @OreGuy @nasa @Mr. Loco @Staryu @TROPICUM @Monky_2405 @PrismaticOwen @Bloodflowers. @Legend E @josesuxx @ikiru @theblackestday @Ken Lee @Indigo Blue @aespa @hofork @STONE @Temporal @Kiss It Better @Ant @artc0cx @MAXIMO @Ewan Chaos @Dark Miracles @madonnas @TRF. @Achilles. @Crank_It_Up @bestfiction @BlackoutZone @Prison @SadGirl @hallucinate @onapearl @wehavetostan @Element @gagacasanova @cityfolk @Devin @Not Like The Movies @dweebz @Tinashegrande6 @MP2K @rl231 @Golden Hour @Scorp @Miss Americana @badgirlriri @Feanor @diogozsz @wastedpotential @Janet @superben @feuxtography @Ivan_brit @Moonlightbae @CBC @Fitzswiftie @Mr. Blue_Shirt @oscar13 @khalyan @SickLove @Chemical X. @World Eater @Johnny Jacobs @Santhosh @Sanguine @Green @Heart.me @itsjem @99sandthe2000s @PrinceMichaelFan @Wyvern @Ash12345 @DAP @Lorde Von Vok @vlayonce @cognitus. @witness1.3 @ppp @clue @Enigmanotta @Bindi @Frozen99 @Daylight @Supervillain @littlepotter @sivencoin @justin464 @Michael196 @WildOne @DevonRoars @Thinking Of You @Great Username @SimpleKindofLife @Icarus @Vroom Vroom @simmnfierzig @Ms. Togekiss @Klein @fridayteenage @WeFoundTrouble @Ace Reject @Kod [ V ] @Ohyes @unison stan @Cry @dangerousbutera @aotearoa @Pussy Destroyer @On The Bound @Mercurio @Curiosity @Lazuli @Indie Go Mind @Reverie @andresg770 @Crashed @NewStanner @Fastlane @Stanna Kendrick @syrus @Schami66 @Truth Teller @brokee @Supervixen @wish @Jormungand @FinleyGates @roso @Luckitty @Zeferino @DesiredConsternation @beagle @Fnooky @Miichael @Pink Whitney @slw84 @Hurem @JoeAg @justlore @DUA LIPA @Idleworship @kandicha @Galactic @certified lover boy @V3$$3L.

The ATRL Grammys are back! Don't miss this year's awards.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, supaspaz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@305 @original_lifeline @mokitsu @alfonso12 @Brando @dangerousalex @Never Ending @GreatestLoveofAll @Insanity @Miss Show Business @beatinglikeadrum @pxxxtrick @Meev @OreGuy @nasa @Mr. Loco @Staryu @TROPICUM @Monky_2405 @PrismaticOwen @Bloodflowers. @Legend E @josesuxx @ikiru @theblackestday @Ken Lee @Indigo Blue @aespa @hofork @STONE @Temporal @Kiss It Better @Ant @artc0cx @MAXIMO @Ewan Chaos @Dark Miracles @madonnas @TRF. @Achilles. @Crank_It_Up @bestfiction @BlackoutZone @Prison @SadGirl @hallucinate @onapearl @wehavetostan @Element @gagacasanova @cityfolk @Devin @Not Like The Movies @dweebz @Tinashegrande6 @MP2K @rl231 @Golden Hour @Scorp @Miss Americana @badgirlriri @Feanor @diogozsz @wastedpotential @Janet @superben @feuxtography @Ivan_brit @Moonlightbae @CBC @Fitzswiftie @Mr. Blue_Shirt @oscar13 @khalyan @SickLove @Chemical X. @World Eater @Johnny Jacobs @Santhosh @Sanguine @Green @Heart.me @itsjem @99sandthe2000s @PrinceMichaelFan @Wyvern @Ash12345 @DAP @Lorde Von Vok @vlayonce @cognitus. @witness1.3 @ppp @clue @Enigmanotta @Bindi @Frozen99 @Daylight @Supervillain @littlepotter @sivencoin @justin464 @Michael196 @WildOne @DevonRoars @Thinking Of You @Great Username @SimpleKindofLife @Icarus @Vroom Vroom @simmnfierzig @Ms. Togekiss @Klein @fridayteenage @WeFoundTrouble @Ace Reject @Kod [ V ] @Ohyes @unison stan @Cry @dangerousbutera @aotearoa @***** Destroyer @On The Bound @Mercurio @Curiosity @Lazuli @Indie Go Mind @Reverie @andresg770 @Crashed @NewStanner @Fastlane @Stanna Kendrick @syrus @Schami66 @Truth Teller @brokee @Supervixen @wish @Jormungand @FinleyGates @roso @Luckitty @Zeferino @DesiredConsternation @beagle @Fnooky @Miichael @Pink Whitney @slw84 @Hurem @JoeAg @justlore @DUA LIPA @Idleworship @kandicha @Galactic @certified lover boy @V3$$3L.

The ATRL Grammys are back! Don't miss this year's awards.

 

Can I present a rap category?

 

Rap Album and/or Rap Song 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Can I present a rap category?

 

Rap Album and/or Rap Song 

Legend! You got your request in early this year. But normally you just want to present Best Rap Album. I'm legitimately shocked you would consider Best Rap Song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

May I present a general field category? I’d love to present AOTY or SOTY :ihype:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, wehavetostan said:

RENAISSANCE coming for AOTY :msmarvel:

It deserves! Can Bey become the first artist to snatch three AOTY wins at the ATRL Grammys? I feel like Rosalía might be her main competition this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Encanto coming to sweep (if it does get nominated)

Edited by keatonzee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
Just now, wish said:

How has it already been a year since the last one :deadbanana4:

Well, really only about 9 months since the winner was announced. But I agree with you. I'm getting too old for this shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always a fun time! Ren seems like the obvious AOTY choice by the forum, but the other categories will be very interesting... would need to do some thinking about who I'd like to post for considerations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Legend! You got your request in early this year. But normally you just want to present Best Rap Album. I'm legitimately shocked you would consider Best Rap Song.

Whatever is the BIGGEST Rap category for this year's show. Put me on!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Whatever is the BIGGEST Rap category for this year's show. Put me on!  

Not me overlooking that Nicki has an eligible song but not an eligible album this year…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question:
are there any qualifications for Best New Artist?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator

I wonder who wins the Lifetime Achievement Award this year. Does Katy finally get it after all her peers have already been honored? Does someone young and fresh like Ariana swoop in? Might the voters dip into the past for a former forum staple like Kesha or Kelly Clarkson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, keatonzee said:

I have a question:
are there any qualifications for Best New Artist?

Came to prominence during the eligibility period and can’t have been nominated for an ATRL Grammy before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, 305 said:

There should be Latin categories...just saying

There’s only so much I can take on! That music is still eligible if there’s another category where it fits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

There’s only so much I can take on! That music is still eligible if there’s another category where it fits.

I get it but another 2-3 more categories wouldn't hurt...Latin music has been taking over in recent years especially this year with Bad Bunny ruling the charts. I just feel it should've been recognized 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

can we send FYCs in here?

 

I'd love to listen to a few album recommendations that might intrigue me that I missed this year :gaycat4:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...