Kelly Clarkson's Talk Show Renewed through 2025!

livelikemusic

She’s so deserving of it. :clap3: 

Sis needs to do less talking (literally) and more singing. We need albums.

:nicole:

9 minutes ago, Rocket said:

AMEN!

I mentioned it when the talk show originally started and others waved it off as not an issue but ever since it started, music has been on the back burner of Kelly's career. I mean she does covers on her show every day and that's a lot of work but she rarely pays attention to her own music anymore. I don't know if she has toured since her show began. I know she's working on a new album but it still seems like other things take priority. Regardless, I am happy the show is so successful.

She’s really replaced Ellen and I love that - kinda sad though that her and Beyoncé are the greatest vocalists of their time, yet Kelly is stuck being a talk show host :giraffe:

She deserves it!  :-)

That makes it the only syndicated talk show to grow in consecutive seasons — a feat not accomplished since 2014. The show is posting year-over-year double-digit gains in adults 25-54 in many top markets.” :clap3:

26 minutes ago, Rocket said:

14 minutes ago, schnetzka said:

I mentioned it when the talk show originally started and others waved it off as not an issue but ever since it started, music has been on the back burner of Kelly's career. I mean she does covers on her show every day and that's a lot of work but she rarely pays attention to her own music anymore. I don't know if she has toured since her show began. I know she's working on a new album but it still seems like other things take priority. Regardless, I am happy the show is so successful.

6 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

She’s really replaced Ellen and I love that - kinda sad though that her and Beyoncé are the greatest vocalists of their time, yet Kelly is stuck being a talk show host :giraffe:

She did go through a divorce though. She said she was working on one before it happened and then the legal drama and her not feeling ready pushed it back. Still released “I Dare You” single in 6 languages, a 6 track covers EP, and a full second Christmas album all in in 2 years. The new album and tour are coming next year!! :-) 

Deserved!

It's only what the Queen of Daytime TV deserves :clap3:

Is this gonna be like her Vegas, chained there with no new music? Or does she plan to take breaks in-between to record albums and tour?

1 hour ago, Kh-Loud said:

Stuck making millions for sitting in a chair for an hour a day interviewing random people and playing games? Yeah she won. :clap3: 

18 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Is this gonna be like her Vegas, chained there with no new music? Or does she plan to take breaks in-between to record albums and tour?

She said she is going to tour this summer and new music is coming. If she’s touring this summer (she has off time with the talk show) then the album must be coming soon. Maybe February or March or April 

2 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Stuck making millions for sitting in a chair for an hour a day interviewing random people and playing games? Yeah she won. :clap3: 

Maybe some ppl just want her to be more recognizable for her enormous vocal talents. I guess you stan the Talk Show host Kelly and not the Singer, Kelly. 

30 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Maybe some ppl just want her to be more recognizable for her enormous vocal talents. I guess you stan the Talk Show host Kelly and not the Singer, Kelly. 

She is recognized as a singer though. The Kellyoke segment obviously keeps her known as a singer and this and The Voice are easy jobs for her. The “real” album was delayed because of everything that happened in her personal life, but with the covers, Christmas album and Kellyoke EP, she is still very well known for being a singer. But yes, we need a “real” album. It’s coming soon though.

3 hours ago, schnetzka said:

Well, in her defense, doing the talk show and even The Voice is where she is getting the most success, so I cannot fault her for focusing on those things.

2 hours ago, EnterTheAttic said:

Deserved!

It's only what the Queen of Daytime TV deserves :clap3:

EXACTLY! Also, who is the dreamboat in your avatar?

1 hour ago, Kh-Loud said:

Ive stanned her music since 2005 and was probably one of the 2 people who actually bought her last few albums. Try again. 

27 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

EXACTLY! Also, who is the dreamboat in your avatar?

Lol that's me :coffee:

the show's not all that but i'm happy for her. the start was really promising but i wish we got more out of the guests. more duets or music games etc too.

• ATRL Moderator

The show needs better guests. I was expecting more current pop artists to make appearances but we really haven't had many pop artists making stops (I think only Christina Aguilera, Meghan Traitor, and Selena Gomez).

8 hours ago, Ab1818 said:

She deserves it!  :-)

That makes it the only syndicated talk show to grow in consecutive seasons — a feat not accomplished since 2014. The show is posting year-over-year double-digit gains in adults 25-54 in many top markets.” :clap3:

She’s a millennial and millennials like the GP are aging and the 25/54 demo is the millennial age. Makes sense a millennial icon (Kelly) is being watches by millennials 

22 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The show needs better guests. I was expecting more current pop artists to make appearances but we really haven't had many pop artists making stops (I think only Christina Aguilera, Meghan Traitor, and Selena Gomez).

Avril Lavigne, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande , Sam Smith, ? What are you talking about :rip: 

Way more pop stars then the other talk show girls are getting. She's also getting big country artist and actors. It's not just about pop stars

It's a new day with social media etc not everyone does talk shows now a days 

Edited by KCFan2014

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, KCFan2014 said:

Avril Lavigne, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande , Sam Smith, ? What are you talking about :rip: 

Way more pop stars then the other talk show girls are getting. She's also getting big country artist and actors. It's not just about pop stars

It's a new day with social media etc not everyone does talk shows now a days 

Let me rephrase: I'd like to see Kelly actually have current artists on to talk about their current eras. A clip featuring Duo Lipa on a video call talking about how much she enjoyed being a mentor on The Voice is not interesting. Nor is having Ariana Grande talking about being a new coach on The Voice. Avril is an exception to that general trend (which is why I did actually watch her interview, but I did just forget it when making that original post). But, it would be much more interesting to get more current guests (e.g., Jeannette McCurdy when she was on her book tour to promote her memoir would have been amazing, but she went to Drew's show; same with Billie Eilish when promoting HTE in 2021). 

Also, I don't care about the social media defense. I know you are very defensive of any slight criticism of anything related to Kelly, but this is just what I'd like to see more of related to her talk show. Her guest line up is just not that compelling and the content of the interviews themselves are generally not compelling to get a click from me even though I'm a lifelong fan.

39 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Let me rephrase: I'd like to see Kelly actually have current artists on to talk about their current eras. A clip featuring Duo Lipa on a video call talking about how much she enjoyed being a mentor on The Voice is not interesting. Nor is having Ariana Grande talking about being a new coach on The Voice. Avril is an exception to that general trend (which is why I did actually watch her interview, but I did just forget it when making that original post). But, it would be much more interesting to get more current guests (e.g., Jeannette McCurdy when she was on her book tour to promote her memoir would have been amazing, but she went to Drew's show; same with Billie Eilish when promoting HTE in 2021). 

Also, I don't care about the social media defense. I know you are very defensive of any slight criticism of anything related to Kelly, but this is just what I'd like to see more of related to her talk show. Her guest line up is just not that compelling and the content of the interviews themselves are generally not compelling to get a click from me even though I'm a lifelong fan.

Clearly when Dua was on there were still restrictions which is why it was video call. Ariana was still on the show what was she suppose to talk about during that time she didn't have a new album coming tf:ahh: Ariana is way bigger than Billie and so is Sam. Drew had Billie but yet had a 0.4 rating lmao clearly didn't help.

And I'm sorry Jeannette who? Never heard of her. Kelly has had A lister actor/actress aftet A lister and huge country singers. The show is not called Kelly Clarkson pop show :ahh: don't click nobody cares she's doing amazing without your views. 

The GP doesn’t agree with you sis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.