J.Lo - This Is Me… Then

insomniac

All music videos from this era have been remastered to HD to commemorate the 20th anniversary of This Is Me… Then.

She’s also sharing outtakes of the OG album photoshoot online:

Edited by insomniac

These are not remastered. They're lazy upscales from the 480p original YouTube uploads. Sony doesn't care anymore. More of the record labels don't care anymore. Unless an artist is involved, there will not be any care put into these so-called "remasters." The only two sets of people to get it entirely right has been the Spice Girls and Steps.

Actual remastered videos:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Justice for Loving you and Still and I've been thinkin. The quality.

I'm glad we got music.

I remember her talking about this era so much it's kind of interesting 20 years later to recall this era.

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

I'm glad we got music.

I remember her talking about this era so much it's kind of interesting 20 years later to recall this era.

So good! I’m hopefully we’ll get new versions of those songs come anniversary date.

It’s such a special album as it’s “the Bennifer album” and now they’re married 20 years later.

6 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

These are not remastered. They're lazy upscales from the 480p original YouTube uploads. Sony doesn't care anymore. More of the record labels don't care anymore. Unless an artist is involved, there will not be any care put into these so-called "remasters." The only two sets of people to get it entirely right has been the Spice Girls and Steps.

Actual remastered videos:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Doesn’t actual remaster involves rescanning of original film reels? In that case your screenshots aren’t remasters either correct?

1 hour ago, insomniac said:

So good! I’m hopefully we’ll get new versions of those songs come anniversary date.

It’s such a special album as it’s “the Bennifer album” and now they’re married 20 years later.

Yes. This is her best album cohesively.

Dear Ben was EVERYTHING. We need a visual. Even a promo.

I like All I have and I'm glad and Baby I love you but not before Still, Loving you, Dear ben, I've been thinkin

It wouldn't have made sense to release Still and Lovin you, though but Dear Ben as a closer. Whew.

Jenny from the block was such an ingenious video at the time. 

2 hours ago, insomniac said:

Doesn’t actual remaster involves rescanning of original film reels? In that case your screenshots aren’t remasters either correct?

Per the Collins English dictionary, remaster is defined as: "If a movie or musical recording is remastered, a new recording is made of the old version, using modern technology to improve the quality." By that example, the ones I posted are that. They're more competent upscales by fans than what Sony Music is attempting to falsely advertise as remasters. Doing an automated upscale of a YouTube 480p is lazy, and they should not be labeled as "remastered" at all.

8 hours ago, slw84 said:

I'm glad we got music.

whoever sang the hook on loving you ate  :jamming:

One of her best albums! She really went on the production of this album and added creativity. I really hope she is gonna celebrate it with a new album or a deluxe edition. 

On 11/8/2022 at 1:35 AM, livelikemusic said:

Per the Collins English dictionary, remaster is defined as: "If a movie or musical recording is remastered, a new recording is made of the old version, using modern technology to improve the quality." By that example, the ones I posted are that. They're more competent upscales by fans than what Sony Music is attempting to falsely advertise as remasters. Doing an automated upscale of a YouTube 480p is lazy, and they should not be labeled as "remastered" at all.

Fair enough, I agree these remasters are crappy. But any AI upscale is. Them rescanning the original film to 4K and re-editing would be ideal, but alas.

@Onthe6 @Dabbyy @CosTaSsSs @Mokichi I noticed they have uploaded a different version of the JFTB video with rap, for the first time, two days ago.

On 11/7/2022 at 7:46 AM, Mokichi said:

Nice! Lets hope she can release another body of work like this in the future

Justice for Por Primera Vez, #JLovers and Dance Again

On 11/7/2022 at 8:24 PM, Matias182 said:

hopefully on the anniversary of Brave we can finally see the scrapped video 

and Frozen Moments available on Spotify asap

On 11/7/2022 at 10:30 PM, Gyal said:

whoever sang the hook on loving you ate  :jamming:

i know that this is like a running gag for jlo but did she really not sing the hooks on any of her songs in her early career? background singers and vocalists are one thing but i feel like ya drag it

On 11/8/2022 at 4:57 AM, FunCoric said:

she was peaking as a celebrity and artist here. what an era :heart:

not true when rebirth was coming along and then she repeaked with love and aka 

On 11/8/2022 at 5:49 AM, CosTaSsSs said:

One of her best albums! She really went on the production of this album and added creativity. I really hope she is gonna celebrate it with a new album or a deluxe edition. 

supposedly we may be getting a THIS IS ME... NOW album concept very soon

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Justice for Por Primera Vez, #JLovers and Dance Again

and Frozen Moments available on Spotify asap

i know that this is like a running gag for jlo but did she really not sing the hooks on any of her songs in her early career? background singers and vocalists are one thing but i feel like ya drag it

not true when rebirth was coming along and then she repeaked with love and aka 

supposedly we may be getting a THIS IS ME... NOW album concept very soon

ppl drag it

but shes only singing bgv's on the hook of loving you 

a bop nonetheless

1 hour ago, Gyal said:

ppl drag it

but shes only singing bgv's on the hook of loving you 

a bop nonetheless

is their a reason why this is specifically a pattern with her? and then she gets blamed for not giving credit where it's due. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.