Billboard updates LMU first 3 days sale: 27k -> 16k

Monster Queen

27 minutes ago, Literature said:

The amount of racially coded comments these last few pages towards Taylor is just insane, "wonderbread", "blond haired blue eyed" "chalk" "basic, vanilla, guitar dork"...like people have such irrational hatred for her simply because she's white. It's honestly just sad how atrl which likes to pretend its 'progressive' doesnt bat an eye at this behavior but of course if the targets were reversed there'd be outrage to the nth degree :biblio:

honestly its just depressing the way people still act, the hypocrisy and double standards are especially infuriating. and people never call it out because theyve been trained to let others walk all over them :rip: 

Yup, as POC myself it's so disgusting that people still using racial remarks to insult others. People especially those Navy thought it's so cool and okay to do that just because Taylor is white, don't me start with their generalization of Swifties calling us white gays when many of us are actually Asian and brown people. Living in multi-racial country teaches me to respect others regardless their background, it's so disappointing to see ATRL which claimed to be more educated yet do such uncivilized thing for the sake of their fav artists :biblionny:

Edited by Cloröx

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ImsoLOUD

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Collaborating with her abuser 3 times in one year was a risk. 

That's not a risk. That's just dumb. 

Billboard Rihjecting the fraudulent sales :ahh:

3 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

That's not a risk. That's just dumb. 

Risks can be “dumb” sometimes. Marketing yourself as a modern day feminist and working beside a known sexual predator for a flop movie is most certainly stupid.

But you are right. True risks are changing your hairstyle once every 12 years, making an album every time a minor breaks your heart and dropping 1,989 editions,

releasing Queer-baiting songs despite being heterosexual (“Betty”) etc and your only musical reinvention in a 16 year career being from country pop to pop. :rip: 

Long May the performative feminism reign.

Edited by ImsoLOUD

28 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Risks can be “dumb” sometimes. Marketing yourself as some Shakespearean songwriter, while having an ongoing case for stealing lyrics is something quite beyond dumb. 

But you are right. True risks are changing your hairstyle once every 12 years, making an album every time a minor breaks your heart and dropping 1,989 editions, releasing Queer-baiting songs despite being heterosexual (“Betty”) etc and your only musical reinvention in a 16 year career being from country pop to pop. :rip: 

Not you thinking that case has any merit :deadbanana4:

But it's also not really surprising given all the other garbage you have been saying.

Going from record breaking country success to Max Martin was a big risk. A risk her label was very strongly against. Reputation was a big risk. And her sound is always changing, with every album. That's part of why her success is so insanely consistant. We have seen other examples who cant reinvent themselves like that fade rather fast.

Re-recordings have really never been done successfully before. Holding her music from streaming for years when it was exploding wasnt exactly unrisky. 

Lots of other stuff. Taylor's success and musical genius can really be studied for ages.

She is currently in a 6 year relationship.

There is nothing queer baiting about Betty or any of her other songs :rip: It's obviously written from a male perspective

41 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Risks can be “dumb” sometimes. Marketing yourself as a modern day feminist and working beside a known sexual predator for a flop movie is most certainly stupid.

But you are right. True risks are changing your hairstyle once every 12 years, making an album every time a minor breaks your heart and dropping 1,989 editions,

releasing Queer-baiting songs despite being heterosexual (“Betty”) etc and your only musical reinvention in a 16 year career being from country pop to pop. :rip: 

Let the anger out sis. I will also be angry when my fave did fradulent stuff just to be blocked :clap3:

49 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

There's nothing Queer-baiting about Beth. It's from the perspective of James, the boy in the love-triangle. You really have no clue of the **** you talk about here, uh? 

41 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Not you thinking that case has any merit :deadbanana4:

But it's also not really surprising given all the other garbage you have been saying.

Going from record breaking country success to Max Martin was a big risk. A risk her label was very strongly against. Reputation was a big risk. And her sound is always changing, with every album. That's part of why her success is so insanely consistant. We have seen other examples who cant reinvent themselves like that fade rather fast.

That's not true at all :deadbanana4: She's released the same pop record since 2012 over and over. Reputation was mildly different but the only hit from the record sounded like something off of Lover or 1989. Taylor is the definition of risk averse and commercially safe. 

1 hour ago, ImsoLOUD said:

I can’t believe a Rihanna’s stan still try to drag Taylor’s artistry while their fav was voted as Top 3 talentless artist here months ago, a completely label product who can’t write and can’t sing, using 13000 tricks trying to push a “tribute” single but still failed, especially under a thread exposed her fraud sales :bibliahh:Jesus

4 minutes ago, besaid said:

That's not true at all :deadbanana4: She's released the same pop record since 2012 over and over. Reputation was mildly different but the only hit from the record sounded like something off of Lover or 1989. Taylor is the definition of risk averse and commercially safe. 

So Red, Reputation and folklore now sound same to you? Wow, amazing

14 hours ago, hausofdave said:

TaylorNation retracting the now unnecessary last min instrumental version so they can botch that into this current weeks tracking to try and topple Drake/21

spacer.png

Drake was behind this all along to get Taylor to show her cards and Rih to get dragged

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

releasing Queer-baiting songs despite being heterosexual (“Betty”) etc

Doesn’t Rihanna have her own queer baiting video/song though? :rip:

6 hours ago, Literature said:

The amount of racially coded comments these last few pages towards Taylor is just insane, "wonderbread", "blond haired blue eyed" "chalk" "basic, vanilla, guitar dork"...like people have such irrational hatred for her simply because she's white. It's honestly just sad how atrl which likes to pretend its 'progressive' doesnt bat an eye at this behavior but of course if the targets were reversed there'd be outrage to the nth degree :biblio:

honestly its just depressing the way people still act, the hypocrisy and double standards are especially infuriating. and people never call it out because theyve been trained to let others walk all over them :rip: 

Girl shut up with this “reverse racism” nonsense, it does not exist :ace:

Those are just lame drags, they are not “racially coded”. White people can not be oppressed by their skin color as they are the ones in power. Just stop.

2 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Not you throwing every stan twitter argument at the wall at once :deadbanana4:

26 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Doesn’t Rihanna have her own queer baiting video/song though? :rip:

A bop I must admit.

Laetitia Casta in this video :smitten2:

Not people bringing up MET gala and fashion when we are discussing music charts

:gaycat7:

I just hope This stabilizes during the movie run. Drake and 21 will have a one week #1 and ultimately Taylor and Rihanna might battle it out before Mariah comes in.

I wonder what the final sales will be for LMU, though:lakitu:

The Navy and Swifties are going AT IT...ZAMN

the official numbers are going to be a bloodbath.

It's so weird to see so much hatred spewed both ways over a soundtrack song.

ICTsNVW.gif

People are using the phrase SwiftDuster/vanilla chalk and mayonnaise or coming for Rihanna's #1s and talent.

the streaming beef has nothing on the sales beef it seems

10 hours ago, Thor said:

Aw it must be mighty tough living in the present that you have to resort to concocting hypothetical future in order to cope with the present-day humiliation. :rip:

you just said big words and thought you served ijbol :rip: 

I brought up career risks in general. Is it my fault some girls impact dosen’t expand beyond music? She’s had tons of fans singing her classics in admiration. 

Edited by ImsoLOUD

18 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

I brought up career risks in general. Is it my fault some girls impact dosen’t expand beyond music? She’s had tons of fans singing her classics in admiration. 

And we love Taylor Swift for that. Glad to see she keep making great acclaimed music, keep attracting more listeners, and not threw herself into make-up brand supporting John Depp. But I think obsessed stan like you will defend Rihanna’s every behavior from fraud sales to support abuser. Luckily you’re alone here and not every Navy is like you :cm: Or the this is actually the “risks in general” you’re talking about? Well I hope my fav will never take the risk to officially support Depp or report fraud sales. Hope Rihanna takes more risks like these though!

Edited by Monster Queen