Jennifer Lopez - 'This Is Me… Then' (20th Anniversary)

insomniac

The OG record is released on vinyl today November 4th for the 20th anniversary.

Urban Outfitters exclusive limited peach version:

Standard black vinyl:

She’s posting a 21-day countdown to commemorate the release and says she has a lot of This Is Me… Then content coming up. She will share something each day leading up to release. It’s likely she’s dropping a different version of the album on November 25th.

She’s posted an IG story and YouTube that has isolated “Still” vocals:

https://instagram.com/stories/jlo/2964358483384713702

This is a special record for her because it was recorded mostly about her love for Ben Affleck when they were dating 20 years ago and today they’re back together again. Furthermore, it’s being rumored she may drop a follow-up record called This Is Me… Now. She’s been hinting at it.

She’s also sharing unreleased photoshoot outtakes from the album booklet:

Edited by insomniac

here for it :jonny5: her best album :alexz: I hope deluxe with demos/unrelesed songs coming :jonny6:

ALL the songs on this album sans ‘You Belong To Me’ is ? dare I say an actually all round great album from Jlo 

Her best body of work tbh, and it's a crime "Still" was never a single. Probably the best track on there too :jonny4:

13 minutes ago, sugarysunflower said:

ALL the songs on this album sans ‘You Belong To Me’ is ? dare I say an actually all round great album from Jlo 

Her magnum opus to many of her fans! I’m so excited she’s doing something for this record.

11 minutes ago, stephen1108 said:

Her best body of work tbh, and it's a crime "Still" was never a single. Probably the best track on there too :jonny4:

Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s pushing this song for the 20th anniversary. It’s being used in the teasers. Imagine a video to that song and a fully reworked / reimagined version in 2022. Ben Affleck can direct the video.

One of her best albums, most coherent. 

Love this! Was just streaming it yesterday 

Fun facts:

1. Bruce Swedien, the same person who engineered and mixed Barbra Streisand’s, Paul McCartney’s and the Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”, “Bad” and “Jam” albums is behind J.Lo’s “This Is Me… Then” album.

2. The majority of the album was recorded over only two weeks time and

3. Jennifer wrote 10 out of the 12 tracks. The only albums she actually sat down and wrote nearly every song on. Lopez wrote lyrics for the album in a small red leather diary, which she described as her "magic book". In it, she often scribbled down her thoughts and ideas. The album's artwork and liner notes were modeled after this book, which would "further the feel of an intimate portrait of Lopez's soul". "I wanted the pictures to look kind of aged, like it was a scrapbook. ... All the writing [in it] is all kinds of crazy and upside down and sideways just as it is in my book.”

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by insomniac