A Quiet Place: Day One | Starring Lupita Nyong'o | Trailer released

Lovett

Spoiler

I thoroughly enjoyed this at the theater, but the more I think about it, the more I wish this movie was from the viewpoint of the military or government even though I did enjoy its actual storyline. We're three movies into this franchise and still have basically no idea what our leaders or defense forces did to combat the situation, plus we still barely know anything about the aliens. :skull:

I'm also even more intrigued at this aspect after seeing this movie because it's sort of implied the government knew something was coming because:

1. There were fighter jets shown flying over the city while the hospice bus was on its way in.

2. Military vehicles could be seen driving down the street when Lupita's character snuck out to the convenience store.

3. The hospice nurse was told they ought to head back because "something" was going on in the city.

I just have so many questions and these movies keep failing to fully answer them. :weeps:

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UnusualBoy

• genetic fail

• Almodusa

• Pop Art

Just saw it with my mom today! It was pretty damn great, a bit of a tearjerker at times too. Both Lupita and Joseph were great and convincing characters! That cat also deserves an accolade for best side character ha

also ... 

Spoiler

there has def got to be another one following this movie. I mean the aliens eating eggs, the military being involved, etc - there's SO much more to unravel and I hope we get to see more. Also seeing Sam die was kinda bittersweet but at least she was able to fullfill her dreams at the end

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pop Art said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I thoroughly enjoyed this at the theater, but the more I think about it, the more I wish this movie was from the viewpoint of the military or government even though I did enjoy its actual storyline. We're three movies into this franchise and still have basically no idea what our leaders or defense forces did to combat the situation, plus we still barely know anything about the aliens. :skull:

I'm also even more intrigued at this aspect after seeing this movie because it's sort of implied the government knew something was coming because:

1. There were fighter jets shown flying over the city while the hospice bus was on its way in.

2. Military vehicles could be seen driving down the street when Lupita's character snuck out to the convenience store.

3. The hospice nurse was told they ought to head back because "something" was going on in the city.

I just have so many questions and these movies keep failing to fully answer them. :weeps:

Spoiler

I just assumed that those aliens had already landed in other places, not necessarily all landing in one spot at once. 

I do wish we had more lore about the aliens though - those eggs were about the only new thing we got.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pop Art said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

They could definitely make an interesting film about the military's response, but it would probably be a little on-the-nose. The new film explains that they saw these formations moving towards the Earth which is why fighter jets were out before they were fully visible in the sky. The military had no idea what they were up against and were almost decimated immediately. They figured out that the monsters were attracted to sound and couldn't swim super quickly so that's why they blew up the bridges. 

The thing with horror is that you have to be mostly powerless. The military response film would be a harder sell because the audience would ask "Well why don't they just do ____?" and that ruins horror. It's part of why all of the best horror films are about children, disabled people, being stranded in the woods, being alone, loss of cell reception, etc. 

I think it would be really cool if they explored that with a second-prequel/fifth movie after 3, but I don't think it's necessarily needed since they did explain the military response in the newest film.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

saw it with the bf sunday night and it was fine but it really bothered me

Spoiler

how he creatures' hearing was so inconsistent. like they'd hear something small and run to attack but wuldnt hear a persons heartbeat with their entire hearing rogan open right next to their terrified face? gimme a break :redface:

• Thumbs Down 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was good but I'd rank it 3rd out of the 3 so far. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.