A Quiet Place: Day One | Starring Lupita Nyong'o | Trailer released

Lovett

Queen Lupita and the cat ate this up, better than AQP2.

Sorry but that guy is so meh and generic, he acted fine but I can't believe that he's the new Human Torch.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UnusualBoy

• genetic fail

• Almodusa

• X~MoviePoP

On 6/28/2024 at 3:33 AM, Jude said:

I just find it funny that the cat didn't make any noises, not even a meow.

Tbh some cats are very very silent.

I think I've heard mine make a sound only twice and I've had him for 3 years now. 

Can't wait to watch this :clap3:

Saw this film this evening - loved it! Honestly very cool to see this play out in NYC. Some very cool scenes and some interesting insight into the aliens.

Spoiler

Wanna know what's going on with their little egg things, was surprised to see them eating it.

And also the scene seeing thousands of people all walking at the same time ugh whyyy, making so much noise! But also heartbreaking for people in wheelchairs, impossible to move silently. 

I'm so mad I clicked on Grace Randolph's review, that ho literally spoiled that

Spoiler

Lupita's character is terminally ill

and proceeded to say that it's "not a spoiler because the reveal happens in the first scene"... ***** so it IS a spoiler since it wasn't revealed in any of the trailers :deadbanana4: UGH

still can't wait to see this on Tue but I wish I didn't know that going in

8 hours ago, ainadalkaz said:

I'm so mad I clicked on Grace Randolph's review, that ho literally spoiled that

Hide contents

Lupita's character is terminally ill

and proceeded to say that it's "not a spoiler because the reveal happens in the first scene"... ***** so it IS a spoiler since it wasn't revealed in any of the trailers :deadbanana4: UGH

still can't wait to see this on Tue but I wish I didn't know that going in

I had the same "issue" with spookyastronauts' review, i even commented on her video and she answered the exact same thing. 

2 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

I had the same "issue" with spookyastronauts' review, i even commented on her video and she answered the exact same thing. 

ridiculous :rip:

The third A Quiet Place movie won Friday with an estimated $22.5 million, putting it on course for a domestic debut of $53 million to $55 million, the best of the franchise for a three-day number.

• Like 1

I just watched this and love it! It's quite entertaining but a bit sad too. It's way better than the 2nd but almost up there with the first one.

• Like 1

Lupita is the new scream queen. Idgaf :clap3: she's so good in horror. 

Definitely better than part 2

On 6/28/2024 at 11:59 PM, abelfenty said:

I'm actually shocked that the reviews for this are as good as they are. I found it to be pretty disappointing. It is by far the weakest AQP film. The entire premise of the film is Lupita's character wanting pizza :rip: There was literally no backstory to the aliens which made the whole thing feel completely redundant - it essentially just felt like an extended version of the flashback scene from AQP2. The original films were great because of their unique use of silence, but this felt like a generic disaster movie

I have to agree.. however I did like the suspense/ chase scenes, especially the water one

I don't understand how everyone just immediately knew that they had to stay quiet?

• Like 1

Watched it this morning and I enjoyed it. Very sad though, I cried a little toward the end. Overall, I think it's my least favorite of the 3 but that doesn't mean it was bad by any means! Lupita slayeddddd this role.

Disagree with people saying this is the weakest of the three films. AQP2 is the weakest IMO, this movie did a great job fleshing out the series with a great story. Would have loved to see more of the aliens and them causing havoc, but overall this movie was great

• Like 1

Lupita was great, made the movie. 

Curious about Quinm being Human Torch after seeing this :deadbanana: he was decent but idk guess we will see! 

Wow. Yall are really underrating A Quiet Place: Part II here.

A Quiet Place > Part II > Day One

• Like 1

This is full of plot holes. 

Day one would've been the craziest day ever. I wanted to see how the mess started and expected more action. But we got a movie about cat and a girl hunting for pizza.

Missed opportunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

Day one would've been the craziest day ever. I wanted to see how the mess started and expected more action. But we got a movie about cat and a girl hunting for pizza.

Missed opportunity.

That's what I thought it was going to give, not this Oscar bait story lmao 

it was cute but the first two films > 

saw this last night. was pretty decent. the actors carried

but yeah i didnt love how it was all about getting pizza :suburban:

9 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Wow. Yall are really underrating A Quiet Place: Part II here.

A Quiet Place > Part II > Day One

This

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.