How can billboard hot fix their charts?

JoshSpears1805

JoshSpears1805

hi all,

we can all agree that the chart billboard hot 100 isn't working in streaming era, its devaluing the chart by having lots of albums tracks in the singles chart

we should either copy the uk chart rule where you can only have 3 songs maximum in the top 100

or only official singles allowed in the top 100

or only official singles and max 3 album tracks allowed in the hot 100 (this is good compromise)

we can have these silly weeks where a big album randomly occupies the top 10 devaluing all chart records 

Seems like you should be grateful for the uneven weighting of radio play since that was the only thing keeping Hold Me Closer afloat

Yall wouldn't make these types of threads if it was your fave snatching these records :dies: The cognitive dissonance must be hard

Why should they hot fix the charts that are working as intended? The fact that songs which are streamed a lot are high in the charts just... makes sense? 

Easy, only have songs listed under "Singles" chart over album tracks.

However Billboard should also count if artists add brand new B-Side tracks attached under singles too. Let's say if Dua releases Halluciante as a single and add Physical as a B-side, streams for Physical should count to boost Hallucinate on Hot 100 :eli:

That's how it used to be before streaming took over

6 minutes ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

or only official singles and max 3 album tracks allowed in the hot 100 (this is good compromise)

No it's not. This is the USA and not communist UK. Why should songs that are doing worse be above songs that are doing well? 

JoshSpears1805
5 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Yall wouldn't make these types of threads if it was your fave snatching these records :dies: The cognitive dissonance must be hard

yes I would, these aren't hits, they are album tracks 

if madonna was in the streaming era she would have the entire trust blue or like a prayer chasing its silly

the only way out is to end the hot 100. let the streaming charts be the only indicator of popularity. they pretty much are anyway

They don't need to. The UK charts have some of the worst rules of all official charts and they killed the albums chart because of that

The fumes are starting :bibliahh:

ATRL when a song is airplay-driven: "radio is weighted too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ATRL when an artist takes the entire top 10 without airplay: "streaming is weighted too much!!!!!!!!"

:dies: 

They need to return to the traditional old school rules. I don’t like that streaming can just make any album track relevant for a week or 3. Only official single releases should count for the Hot 100 and all artists should have a maximum of 5 tracks charting simultaneously 

3 minutes ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

if madonna was in the streaming era she would have the entire trust blue or like a prayer chasing its silly

You must live under a rock then

I've seen countless posts with Midnights lyrics all over social media since the album got released

The streaming numbers are also undisputable

Numbers and facts >>> what you feel should be classified as a "hit"

JoshSpears1805
4 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Y'all didn't care when Drake charted 9/10 :gaycat6:

yes I did, it was stupid then and is stupid now

JoshSpears1805
2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

They need to return to the traditional old school rules. I don’t like that streaming can just make any album track relevant for a week or 3. Only official single releases should count for the Hot 100 and all artists should have a maximum of 5 tracks charting simultaneously 

I agree

Apply the UK chart rules.

7 minutes ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

So you agree that the streaming era makes any song more accessible therefore making the charts more indicative of what people are actually listening to? 

What is the difference between a single and an album track?

JoshSpears1805
2 minutes ago, 305 said:

So you agree that the streaming era makes any song more accessible therefore making the charts more indicative of what people are actually listening to? 

no, when people bought true blue and played it over and over again that counts as 1 sale and 1 sale only, they didn't get to count every play of the album tracks as units, its ruined the chart this streaming rubbish 

I would remove radio from the Hot 100. Would be more accurate that way

Or just get rid of the chart altogether. BB200 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><

This totally depends on your goal for the list. Want the list to show what singles are booming? Yeah, new rules should be applied. Want the list to show what songs in general are booming? No rules needed :cm:

Every disccusion about whether or not to have new rules and why is pointless as long as there no common ground on what this list should show us :michael:

Maybe two seperate lists are needed, who knows. I personally don't care the list shows popularity of songs overall, but it does seem a bit weird, because that isn't how the list used to work, which makes it harder to compare current achievements to previous ones