no you dont become financially stable once u turn 30.

Distantconstellation

I was financially stable at 25 and recently bought a house solo at 26. Everyone is different 

Edited by Gaia

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Distantconstellation

• FreeXone

• Zaram

• sugarysunflower

Yall need to stop attaching life events to some age limits. You become financially stable when you have enough income to be so. It's not at all linked to age. :rip:

Same with that stupid "gay death after 30" BS :rip:

Granted I'm only 30, my 30s would be so much more enjoyable if I wasn't correcting the financial mistakes I made in my 20s. It will take me about 2 years to fully correct those mistakes.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:32 PM, Zaram said:

if you are into oldies maybe :gaycat4:

No some people just get better with age

On 10/31/2022 at 12:22 PM, StormFury said:

I don't like all of this pessimism in the gay community about "peaking". There is no way in hell I'm peaking in four years

Physically, I peaked between 18-22. I'm 24 now and the struggle is REALLL to keep weight off and just in general I look uglier. I shouldve cherished my youth lol

I just turned 32 (yes, it's embarrassing I'm still on this site), and my life just keeps getting sweeter. I don't feel the need to brag about what I have because I'm aware I have it. Do others have it better? Of course. Do others have it worse? Most definitely. 

I'm financially stable because I got into personal finance as a hobby when I was, like, 24. :rip: I realized no one was going to guide me, if I wanted to become financially responsible I had to start from the ground up. 

It sounds corny and stale, but you really have to zoom out and envision what you want your life to look like in 5, 10, 20 years. Life is about more than designer clothes (no one cares how much you paid for your clothes), having the newest car or iPhone (cars depreciate immediately), and going out for drinks every other night (alcohol is bad for you and ages you). 

Eat the rainbow, walk off your stress, prioritize sleep. My #1 rule or line of thinking when it came to money was "Pay yourself first". Most people pay rent, phone bill, electric bill, taxes, businesses and major corporations... Put some of that check into a savings account. Enroll in your work's 401K if you have one (ESPECIALLY if they're matching, you're literally leaving free money on the table). Get out of debt. Stop spending recklessly. Reward yourself by giving yourself money, and eventually, financial freedom.

Of course, you can't take it with you, so go on vacations, treat yourself to a nice dinner with friends, whatever. But if you know you can do better, do better.

Not to act like I have it all. The dating world? That sucks for gays, period. I may not have a man right now, but a lot of men don't want commitment in their 30s still, anyway. :rip: What do I have? My own place. A solid job. Money in the bank. A lack of debt. And when I walk in the front door, I know I earned everything I have. A man's going to have to measure up to that. :lmao:

Edited by Ice Cream Skies

I'm in my 30s and my sex life and finances have never been better. My 20s were a MESS. Everyone spends that decade riddled with insecurities and unsure of their convictions. The only ones who "peak" at that age tend to be the dim twinks and circuit gays that don't bother developing a personality beyond scoring a spot at the next white party.

If you and those in your social circle are on track to get fried and ****** out by 29 then have at it, but don't put it on the rest of us.

Edited by Pop Life

31 minutes ago, Pop Life said:

I'm in my 30s and my sex life and finances have never been better. My 20s were a MESS. Everyone spends that decade riddled with insecurities and unsure of their convictions. The only ones who "peak" at that age tend to be the dim twinks and circuit gays that don't bother developing a personality beyond scoring a spot at the next white party.

If you and those in your social circle are on track to get fried and ****** out by 29 then have at it, but don't put it on the rest of us.

For me it was the opposite. My 20s was when i had the most money 

yep, i'm still broke, single and currently jobless! 30 ******* sucks. 

Whether your financially stable or not depends on a lot of things. Some people are just burdened with all sorts of things that are out of their control (medical expenses, bad ass kids, job lossses etc). I just think you’re just expected to slow your role and prioritize your health both mentally and physically by 30. As in no more blowing your paycheck at the club/bar/festival or traveling here and there without actually having the finances to do so. The obvious stuff. Being young wild and reckless is ok to an extent but it has to be put to rest at some point otherwise your brain chemistry gets ****** and your caught in a self destructive cycle that sets you back. You don’t want your mental/physical health deteriorating in ways that will eventually hit you like a ton of bricks in your 30s is all. You’re still young. 

Edited by BGKC

Honestly we are all dealt very different cards in life so if you are fortunate enough to be put on a path where you have the tools to succeed from a young age then that is amazing, but not everyone has that chance 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.