Twitter/Elon Musk to bring back Vine?

Stan.killah

He just posted a poll. In the past he has honored the results from previous polls he's conducted.

Can Vine stop or slow down TikTok? :lakitu:

I honestly don’t think it would work. TikTok is the evolution of vine. That “vine energy” people want won’t happen again exactly as they want it. Because if that’s what would be popular it would already be happening on TikTok. So it won’t make that much of a difference. But I’m also not educated well enough on this to be giving huge opinions anyways, so who knows. 

If it can replace TikTok than I'm all for it. One of the few social media apps that wasn't completely toxic and worthless and actually fun :clap3:

Edited by est. in 90s

it’s a nice idea but TikTok has completely taken over that market and owns it. also Vine was big at a diff time… they already tried to to bring back MySpace and we can see how well that worked out, it’s nice in theory due to nostalgia but people move on pretty quickly to newer and more fresh platforms tbh 

4 minutes ago, YourNumber1Witch said:

I honestly don’t think it would work. TikTok is the evolution of vine. That “vine energy” people want won’t happen again exactly as they want it. Because if that’s what would be popular it would already be happening on TikTok. So it won’t make that much of a difference. But I’m also not educated well enough on this to be giving huge opinions anyways, so who knows. 

1 minute ago, imabadkid said:

it’s a nice idea but TikTok has completely taken over that market and owns it. also Vine was big at a diff time… they already tried to to bring back MySpace and we can see how well that worked out, it’s nice in theory due to nostalgia but people move on pretty quickly to newer and more fresh platforms tbh 

10 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

What makes this case different is TikTok's ties to China, which has been questionable and concerning for many to this day.

Vine could thrive due to simply being American made, eliminating all security & privacy risks TikTok brings.

2 minutes ago, Stan.killah said:

What makes this case different is TikTok's ties to China, which has been questionable and concerning for many to this day.

Vine could thrive due to simply being American made, eliminating all security & privacy risks TikTok brings.

Triller already tried that and failed and they pumped billions into their failed venture and even got major TikTok stars to come over to their platform (most of them would only post their TikTok’s to their triller account) and it still didn’t work. Once a platform blows up it’s really hard to get people to migrate to a new platform.

i loved the Vine era but that was years ago, it’s a completely different world these days in terms of social media and a lot of the apps that were big back then wouldn’t fly today with Gen Z.

Pretty pointless. It’s like when Facebook blew up and there were so many attempts to make MySpace relevant again. But it failed and so did all the other wannabe facebook websites that were made in the late 2000’s. Unless thier is a total revolutionary new feature for vine, it’s gonna fail. People can just use Tiktok, Reels or YouTube shorts for short video content 

35 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

Triller already tried that and failed and they pumped billions into their failed venture and even got major TikTok stars to come over to their platform (most of them would only post their TikTok’s to their triller account) and it still didn’t work. Once a platform blows up it’s really hard to get people to migrate to a new platform.

i loved the Vine era but that was years ago, it’s a completely different world these days in terms of social media and a lot of the apps that were big back then wouldn’t fly today with Gen Z.

Interesting points. I forgot about the catastrophe Triller was :swan:

If they do bring back Vine, they should operate it under Twitter somehow and not its own separate thing right away. If successful, it can be similar to Facebook+Instagram

vine humour was trash im sorry there's literally like 2 popular vines which are funny and the rest are horrible, we do NOT need thomas sanders brand of humour back

The guy that allows racist Slurs, wants to bring back a visual platform. What could possibly go wrong

When I was a kid and reading ATRL without an account cause the registrations were always locked I remember seeing a topic about some annoying af Vine boy making some homophobic vine. I don't remember what it was even about, all I remember is his ugly face yelling "Yes it is! F A G!". That is the only Vine I've ever seen in my life.

Which will he deliver first, Vine or Hyperloop?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.