Kanye documentary cancelled, producer debuts messy statement

Specter

:deadbanana:

"Hitler took the song electric"????? I just... 

rQreslt.jpeg

Edited by Phantom

Messy OP title, but WTF Kanye :deadbanana4: they could release the footage or leak it so the people can actually judge for themselves, this somehow feels like it could be an expose or a cover up for something worse... 

Not like this hadn't happened before. He was spouting those same offensive stuffs about Jews since "slavery is a choice" date. TMZ actually *censored* that for him.

That tweet is great  :clap3:  everyone should read it (including many ATRLers!)

Hopefully all the footage is tossed in the trash  :clap3:  

"The silence from leaders and corporation when it comes to Kanye.... is dismaying but not surprising"

They were producing a doc with Kanye so they don't seem different?. I guess they were for freedom of speech when he made posts about the death of David Davdson or his incitement of rape fantasies about Taylor Swift. 

Edited by vale9001

Now who changed my title? Its literally in the tweet. 

Besides the corny music references, I think the statement was actually incredibly well-said and super important. Would also recommend giving it a read.

6 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

What's messy about the statement?

Comparing genocides throughout history to musical eras is pretty messy imo :deadbanana2:

It was like an attempt to be clever that just reads so wrong

Maybe the wording is messy, but the meaning rings true. Throughout history and into today, people try to remix anti-Semitism to get away with being hateful towards Jewish people. Even people on ATRL have gotten mad at people expressing discomfort towards the rise in anti-Semitism lately. The less we hear about Kanye, the better

3 hours ago, bleuwaffle said:

this will probably come out in a few years under different distribution/independently

Depends on who owns the footage. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

1 hour ago, Horizon Flame said:

Depends on who owns the footage. 

i'm pretty sure i heard ye mention his personal videographer nico ballesteros filming him in an interview just this month, so i'm assuming he'd own whatever they've gotten. not sure who's responsible for this documentary though.

The copywriter had way too much fun with this…

Is there a big Kanye fan base like the pop girls have? Are his fans in meltdown mode over all this?

6 hours ago, Domination said:

The copywriter had way too much fun with this…

Right and I'm uncomfortable with it asf :deadbanana:

This statement was released a week ago. And it wasn't messy, it was poetic, thoughtful and dead-on.

History doesn't repeat literally for the nitpickers out there. It does rhymes with what happened previous times and is remixed in new forms, packaging,...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.