Midnights debuts at #1 in Italy

ariananext

Her first number one in the country, surpassing Lover (which peaked at #2 in 2018).

Anti-Hero also debuts at 26 :clap3:

https://www.fimi.it/#/

Edited by ariananext

@KillingYourCareer she went from having empty concert in Italy in 2010 to this now :deadbanana2:

Just now, Bloodflowers. said:

@KillingYourCareer she went from having empty concert in Italy in 2010 to this now :deadbanana2:

My impact on BOTH occasions

h5IXZA6.gif

She has officially crossed not only the British channel, but also the Alps :clap3: :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

My impact on BOTH occasions

h5IXZA6.gif

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Sold out date at San Siro when?

Do y'all think she's touring Italy? The extensive promo from Universal Music Italy is sus. I hope she books a stadium if she does, it wouldn't sell out immediately and I'd have time to figure it out :lakitu:

Just now, ariananext said:

Do y'all think she's touring Italy? The extensive promo from Universal Music Italy is sus. I hope she books a stadium if she does, it wouldn't sell out immediately and I'd have time to figure it out :lakitu:

Hmm, depends on how extensive she wants her tour to be, I think she might give priority to other markets. :matty:

3 minutes ago, ariananext said:

I think her doing a stadium in Italy is more likely now than it has ever been :gaylorcat2:

This b*tch better tour globally and get the highest grossing female tour. Midnights is like her global repeak.:ghostface:

1 minute ago, Jynx said:

This b*tch better tour globally and get the highest grossing female tour. Midnights is like her global repeak.:ghostface:

global *new peak

17 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I think her doing a stadium in Italy is more likely now than it has ever been :gaylorcat2:

That's for sure :mandown:

I never knew why ATRLers kept saying Europe is too "sophisticated" to stan Taylor's music when Europe also stans the most basic generic and corny Eurodance/DJ music with most meaningless generic lyrics, even just recently with I'm Blue or I'm Good or whatever :rip:At least now there's no excuse left for the OTHs

13 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

I never knew why ATRLers kept saying Europe is too "sophisticated" to stan Taylor's music when Europe also stans the most basic generic and corny Eurodance/DJ music with most meaningless generic lyrics, even just recently with I'm Blue or I'm Good or whatever :rip:At least now there's no excuse left for the OTHs

It's not about it being sophisticated. Speaking for my country, the non-italian music smashing is either latin or pop bangers/ballads indie, rap and trap are huge for local artists but not for the international ones. Country music isn't a thing, pop/folk isn't a thing, and 1989/Lover/Reputation, although they were pop, they weren't exactly the kind of pop the GP likes (Weeknd, Dua, Ed Sheeran etc).

For example IDWLF and TIWYCF, which were a bit different from her usual products, managed to smash here because they were a lot more radio and GP friendly. Most of european countries have songwriters in their own languages, so they rarely rely on english singing ones.

Anyways, I think her fanbase grew a lot here since around 2018, which is why she's able to hit these numbers. 

1 hour ago, Jynx said:

Exactly. Madonna is one of my all time faves but i wouldn't mind to see Taylor beat her, that'd be glorious :jonny:

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

People were actually saying that?? :bibliahh:

How is Gaga's music, which have been more successful in Europe in the past, more sophisticated than Taylor's exactly? How the hell did that make any sense? :rip:

5 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Exactly. Madonna is one of my all time faves but i wouldn't mind to see Taylor beat her, that'd be glorious :jonny:

When Madonna takes it back with her Greatest Hits Tour, and her and Taylor keep trading the record back and forth :jonny:

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

When Madonna takes it back with her Greatest Hits Tour, and her and Taylor keep trading the record back and forth :jonny:

That'd be great too! If Madonna does an official Greatest Hits tour all through 2023 she actually could keep the record. We'll see, both tours will be massive in any case :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.