PEP: your experience.

Folklore89sm

Hi,

I’m making a post I never thought I would make. 

My sister was raped after going to a birthday party in a bar and having her drink spiked early on Friday morning. I feel sick and angry but I’m just trying to be there for her.

Can anyone share their experience of using PEP in the past? I’d be really grateful. 

Sorry to hear.

The sides are pretty easy don't worry

if she gets 3 pills she should take the two at night before sleep

and the other one at morning

so she'd feel less side effects

GL

I’ve taken it 3 times for 28 days each. Only in one of them I felt some nausea, the rest of the times it was pretty chill.

Really sorry to hear that. I hope whoever did this gets the absolute worst and thank you for taking care of her 

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

I'm sorry to hear that.

I guess it depends on the person. Something similar happened to someone very close to me and the treatment made them feel like **** some of the days, mostly the first ones.

And you didn't ask but I know it feels like a nightmare and it's so frustrating not being able to help more, but she's lucky to have you there and it makes a HUGE difference. Also, I hope she gets justice. In our case it took almost three years but the motherfuckers are behind bars now, and it's very likely that Karma is doing its job with them as we speak. :supaspaz: I noticed that that was what made the biggest impact for this person to move on from it.

34 minutes ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

I’ve taken it 3 times for 28 days each. Only in one of them I felt some nausea, the rest of the times it was pretty chill.

Really sorry to hear that. I hope whoever did this gets the absolute worst and thank you for taking care of her 

ive taken it 3 times too lol

she’ll be fine. it’s pretty much like taking stronger prep

My deepest sympathies are with you and, more importantly, your sister during this time. 

I’ve had to use an ER prescribed PEP course for similar reasons, and my experience was overall positive. No real side effects. I started approximately 36 hours after exposure and returned HIV negative, and continue to do so. :hug:

First, I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to your sister. I hope that she is able to come through this experience okay, and I hope that the man who did it is found and thrown under the jail.

I've never taken PEP exactly, but I am on PREP, and the drugs are very similar and essentially do the same thing just on a different time schedule. P(R)EP definitely makes the body feel seasick (depending on your level of tolerance), but it does go away after a few days.

Sending love and light. :bird:

Take her to the ER asap, not only for a rape kit and evaluation, but because PEP has a time limit for when it can be used, up to 72 hours, but every hour matters for it to be effective.

I’m so sorry this happened to her.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.