Matthew Perry wishes Keanu Reeves was dead instead of Phoenix and Ledger

McNulty

This is weird and really not a good look for him. Like why would anyone have this sort of hate for Keanu of all people, he's so harmless :deadbanana:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Ombre

• Espresso

• dabunique

10 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

I'm...surprised that made it into the book :deadbanana2:

Are we really surprised though? Who is checking for Matthew Perry in 2022? The good sis has a memoir to sell.

spacer.png

Unprovoked :rip:

Keanu is one of the very few humble celebs, he is a nice person in general and has several classic movies under his belt. 

He is lowkey legendary.

Mathew is just a Friends actor, that’s all he is and will ever be.

He sounds like a loser in general.

:deadbanana2: It’s the way he just carries onto the next sentence like nothing 

Yikes! :biblionny:

What does Aniston's friend have against Keanu? Why is Aniston friends with people who say nasty things like this?

How vile and random 

they must know each other personally cuz :deadbanana4:

The worst thing about this is that Keanu was one of Phoenix's best friends. There's countless videos of him emotional talking about his friend's death.

This is such an unnecessary thing to say...and also really distasteful. 

Nothing is sacred? I was afraid one of the Friend's cast would say something random and stupid...i guess it was Perry :deadbanana4:

He is trash for this as if it was Keanu’s fault all these people OD’ed.

The nerve to randomly go after one of the few decent people in show business :rip:

Uhh...this is a little too personal for me.

spacer.png

Going after one of the most beloved and down-to-earth celebrities? He has a world of hurt coming :rip:People go HARD for Keanu.

Edited by LustSpell

2 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

Keanu seems super nice but he has zero talent. He does not deserve to die early because of that but I sort of understand why someone who is talented but miserable and has watched many other talented actors be miserable and die early would have this weird, uncalled for resentment towards Keanu. He's the "they" to his "we"

Never thought Matthew was funny or talented 

in fact, it was painful to watch him during a taping of the odd couple 

Ot: wanted to buy the audio book but I don’t think I will anymore 

Is he implying that all of them were on heavy drugs but only Keanu got out of it and he didn't deserve it?

Matthew is even less talented than Keanu tho IDK what he was trying to do by grouping himself with the others  

Edited by Digitalism

While I do think self-filtering culturally has gone a bit far recently, and you're allowed to comment on a situation without the same amount of credits of the person you're criticizing, even in terms of the artform, this isn't...productive. It's one of those comments you know he would've kept to himself if his career wasn't dead at this point or he didn't have the Friends residuals he could always rely on. 

The "why didn't God take x instead of y" conversation is really old, but to apply it to talent, while not novel, just comes across as bitter grapes and trolling.

I'm not shocked or mad, I just pity him.

Matthew probably will do limited press for this book so he won't be called out repeatedly on his drug addiction and/or this because he'd need a legit comeback story to have a good interview. He...doesn't really have that and has stayed mired in the muck. It's sad.

such a weird flex

I can totally see the editor being like "let's keep this in, it will create controversy and publicity for the book" instead of leaving it out as an intrusive thoughts from the first draft as it should've been.

I guess it worked but yikes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.