Rihanna - "Lift Me Up"

Fanik

7 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Y’all are so ******* weird sometimes 

3 minutes ago, RihRihGirrrl said:

lol what 

IT's a lullaby... you sing lullabys to babies... it's not that deep.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zzmyth

• istan4badgalriri

• Jude

• shark_heather

People worried that this will ruin the hype for her comeback...she has a Superbowl coming people!

this song is 4ss :redface:

i see it peaking at #11 and maybe some of ya'll will stop pretending you liked it

Rihanna was never about debuts anyway.

Her secret is longevity. And she will have longevity. She has one more soundtrack song coming + an album + a Superbowl

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

this is really coming for #1, the oscar and Grammys.

i don't think it's coming for any of those tbh :toofunny2:

I had not been able to comment…

:jonny5:

What a BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS song. Her voice sounds amazing. It’s so minimalist yet effective. I honestly was expecting something more of a mid tempo like “All the Stars” meets “Diamonds”, but this is perfect for what it is. It’s great she came “back” With this. I feel like it’s a good re-introduction. Like “Rihanna the singer is back” and not just releasing a bop.   

This emotes certain sadness, which is perfect for the film that basically deals with the passing of the main actor/character. 

I am sure whenever the album cycle starts she will have the banger ready to go. She still has the Super Bowl. That would reignite any interest or hype that may have been “lost” by this. 

Ultimately, Rihanna has smashed with unconventional songs/leads. FourFiveSeconds and Russian Roulette say hello. I am sure this site would hate and call a boring flop those too if there were releases today. 

42 minutes ago, IsidoraMarí said:

I can't believe she didn't use the video to debut her son. This is literally a lullaby. But I respect that she refuses to use her child for promo.

Screaming :ahh:

Not a fan of the song, not what I expected or wanted from a Rihanna comeback but it's only a soundtrack song. So I'm sure her actual lead will be more what I'm after.

1 hour ago, IsidoraMarí said:

I can't believe she didn't use the video to debut her son. This is literally a lullaby. But I respect that she refuses to use her child for promo.

“Debut her son”

You make him sound like a product and not a human being

It's super weird, almost everyone I know irl is loving this song, and on my social media too majority of people are talking about how great and sentimental her voice sounds and praising her beauty as usual. Yet here on ATRL everyone and their grandma seems to hate this song almost calling it the worst comeback of all time :rip:

I dont care what the loosers here say 

I love the song

I love her voice 

I know the bops are coming with the album 

This is perfect for its purpose 

11 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

this song will be the nail in her coffin. 

its #1 on Apple Music US...

The fact that she finished this a few weeks ago. Whew.

I respect yours opinions. Personally I am so happy because I love it. Is simple and effective. It's emotional and her voice is exquisite. 

The Queen shutting down WhatsApp ahhhhhh

Watch atrl switch now that the song is critically and commercially doing well. :foxaylove2:

Rihanna takes risks.

This is what nobody was expecting.

Rihanna has 14 #1s and countless hits, Superbowl and R9 coming. 

This is a song serving a purpose - to remember someone who passed away.

This was never meant to be a banger or smash.

The more I listen the more I love it and I’m just so glad she is back.

I liked the song

I just expected a banger and a massive comeback after 6 years.

Is not that the quality of the song is bad is actually good and her vocals are great.

Is just a boner killer in terms of hype, not the song but way everything is handled.

I know that she will have a decent debut and will definitely build up to have a big R9 era, after the soundtrack.

I just wished she would’ve kept releasing music as a side thing like Beyonce did since Lemonade.

The wait wasn’t worth or as explosive.

I still think this will be a hit is the situation that is kind of meh.

Edited by Trent W

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.