Germany releases policy paper for Cannabis decriminalization

Arthoe

Key points of the policy paper:

• possession of up to 30g of cannabis will be decriminalized
• possesion of up to three cannabis plants for non-commercial uses will be decriminalized
• consumption of cannabis products in private and public will be decriminalized
• creation of a cannabis tax, cannabis products will also be taxed via the federal regular VAT rate of 19%

• establishment of licensed dispensaries
• prohibtion of advertisment for cannabis products
• legally binding neutral packaging of cannabis products in order to not entice children
• potentially giving out dispensary licenses to pharmacies in order to dry out the black market in Germany's rural areas
• cannabis will be subject to the same anti-smoking legislation as tobacco in Germany

• further discussions will be held about driving under the influence of cannabis and how set proper parameters

Decriminalization will happen at earliest approx in Q1 of 2024

6 minutes ago, Rith said:

YAY!!

wait 2024?? :deadbanana4:

The proposed law first will be sent to the EU first, to check whether it breaks EU laws or not. They're trying to avoid a disaster like the automobile toll law in 2019 that was sacked after the federal parliament made a decision. The companies who were comissioned to set up the toll infrastructure sued the German government for damages, the legal costs for the lawsuit have reached 21,500,000€ already after one year and there's no end in sight. :rip: 

So can they start opening coffee shops like the Netherlands? I love this for the Germans. Weed should be decriminalized everywhere.

As a german, im still keeping my expectations low that this will actually happen. I just don’t see it going through EU law. But if it does, ******* finally. Hopefully this opens the gates for more European countries to legalize/decriminalize weed. It’s long overdue. 

1 hour ago, makeme said:

So can they start opening coffee shops like the Netherlands? I love this for the Germans. Weed should be decriminalized everywhere.

It’s proposed that specific shops will open for sale, yes. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.