your biggest regrets in life?

Joyride

Hurting people I like and not saying sorry because I was too "proud". I lost many friends just because "only weak people apologize". :juanny:

Not knowing when to say no to recreational drugs (or using prescribed drugs for a recreational purpose, rather than its prescribed purpose), and I say this as someone who's been sober for about a week. Now, I'm not talking about IV'ing drugs or doing anything like cocaine/heroin/meth, but I'm talking about taking edibles just because I was "bored" or it would make domestic chores/living more interesting. I'm lucky that drugs never interfered with work, relationships, or family, but they did take a toll on my mental health. When you have to take drugs to "escape" something-- whether that's boredom, insecurities, or life problems-- not only does it get expensive, it also affects your ability to process and regulate your emotions naturally, and it becomes a crutch. Instead of making time for yourself or loved ones, you say, "I rather just get high than do X." Also, if you have an anxiety disorder like I do, be careful with substances, such as marijuana, that can exacerbate anxiety symptoms. I'm not saying marijuana will 100% make your anxiety worse-- for some, it helps anxiety-- but just keep in mind virtually all drugs (recreational or not) have side effects. It's up to you (although, if you ask me, it should be up to your provider) whether the benefits of that drug outweigh the risks. 

Moving out of the city into a small village as a teenager leaving all my friends and hobbies behind. But it worked kinda out in the end I guess

not standing up to my roommates who were f*cking weird and bullied me one year in college 

On 10/25/2022 at 1:45 PM, discotitzz said:

They raped me. 

there's no words to describe how sorry I am for what happened to you. you were 12 i can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you.

sending you love and i pray you'll heal in time 

On 10/25/2022 at 8:34 AM, FreeXone said:

Wasting my 20s

How so

what would you do differently 

I wish I stayed in LA when the pandemic started. I ended up moving out because of COVID but I wish I found an apartment and lived there for the rest of college. I miss that city so much.

Losing my virginity to this guy that was grotesque all because I got mad at my dad for moving out and moving back in with me and my grandma causing me a lot of stress. He was my age but later I found out he had a thing for kids. I wished I shared that experience with someone I loved. Also for not going into Tech when I got into college years ago taking History instead and flunking out. It was a waste of an opportunity. Thankfully I’m taking a tech certification course now. I feel as though I’m on the right track now, so my  regrets hurt less. 

On 10/25/2022 at 2:09 AM, The Kick said:

believing in people in general, then feeling like **** when their empty promises were up

wtf, i feel offended. do not put me in that category. i'm still waiting for the mods to respond to my dms. i'll find a way to get u therapy you need. if i could make threads, i'd make one by now.

as far as i can remember, i've never made any empty promises to you :celestial5:

as far of regrets... not being able to control my bordeline- if only i kept my mouth shut and didnt shitpost people, argue with them and had so many arguments for the dumbest reasons maybe i wouldnt have only few people in my life.

and i'd stay away from people who abused the fact i have bordeline.

i wish i never self harmed and ate my feelings away while in school. im dumb lol

5 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

as far of regrets... not being able to control my bordeline- if only i kept my mouth shut and didnt shitpost people, argue with them and had so many arguments for the dumbest reasons maybe i wouldnt have only few people in my life.

and i'd stay away from people who abused the fact i have bordeline.

i wish i never self harmed and ate my feelings away while in school. im dumb lol

this is not about anyone here <3 it's just old stuff that comes back and bites me every time

3 hours ago, The Kick said:

this is not about anyone here <3 it's just old stuff that comes back and bites me every time

ok

Hmm, probably neglecting my language learning - if I'd have studied hard I'd be fluent in Japanese and Mandarin by now. The career opportunities. I also regret COVID-19 existing and ruining the world the last few years but alas, not really "my" regret.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.