Madonna going semi-viral for defending her SEX Book and dragging a male reporter

tiagol88

The way he tried to keep his composure while she swiftly shades him left and right :ahh:

The way she utterly dismantled him limb by limb in the most calm, self-assured manner :deadbanana4: I miss when pop stars spoke this intelligently.

He was a stuffy old conservative journalist on one of Australia's most conservative and "family values" TV stations at the time, and usually a war/international affairs correspondent. Why they got him to interview Madonna of all people was baffling :clown:

Of course Madonna handled it perfectly and made him look the fool :clap3:

It's fine looking at Playboy, wherein the women are posed by men and being sexy for men. But looking at images framed by a woman was too much for him.

Awful and really shows the attitude of the day. Madonna's barely even trying in this interview, and she still made him look like an absolute fool.

9 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

The way she utterly dismantled him limb by limb in the most calm, self-assured manner :deadbanana4: I miss when pop stars spoke this intelligently.

The only one willing to be this frank these days is Billie. Taylor also has the IQ for it but she’s too much of a control freak to get challenged live in an interview.

This and the Nightline interview about Justify My Love are my favorites. She made conservative journalists so scared :deadbanana4:

Edited by RobDeWittBukater

And THIS is why she should be more respected, she was fearless and challenged the world, especially men, and never backed down. 

i miss this madonna

1 hour ago, RobDeWittBukater said:

This and the Nightline interview about Justify My Love are my favorites. She made conservative journalists so scared :deadbanana4:

this classic :dies:

I wonder where is all the haters now, and where is the videos of their faves doing something similar? Their faves have a career thanks to Madonna, if it wasn`t her, most singer now would sing with a burka and were being bossed by male managers...

4 hours ago, ricardoazevedo said:

I wonder where is all the haters now, and where is the videos of their faves doing something similar? Their faves have a career thanks to Madonna, if it wasn`t her, most singer now would sing with a burka and were being bossed by male managers...

Let's not :skull:

4 hours ago, ricardoazevedo said:

:ghostface:

The way a woman is expected to be sexual and flaunt her goods but only on his terms is some hypocritical bs. Men love sexy women, love exploiting their bodies, fantasize over hypersexual behavior because the perspective is that she's doing it for them. As soon as a woman wants to do it for herself, is aware of her own sexuality and wants to use it to her benefit, it's when it's somehow "dirty" or "unwanted" or "unwomanly". Why is the idea of a woman being proactive in how she wants to wield that sexuality so much more threatening to these conservative dolts than when men seek it out? 

That interviewer was unwilling to examine his own discomfort but Madonna handled it with so much class. Sometimes that shock value is necessary to put a spotlight on the double standard. The way she didn't flinch or act offended and instead, made it about him and his perception was perfect. Had she been defensive or attacked him, it would have deluded her message. Instead of an audience seeing a woman out of control, which is what the media tried to portray her as, we saw a woman who knew exactly what she wanted and why she wanted to make that art. 

Really reminds me of that Anderson Cooper interview with Gaga where she said "so what if I did [have a dick], I don't care and my fans don't care." But Madonna kept this up for pretty much her whole career. 

The whole repressive nature of these beliefs towards sex and this puritanical worldview is why we have problems around attitudes around it. It's why abstinence doesn't work. It's why gay men had to seek out riskier sex because the fear of getting caught and the lack of ability to have an accepted relationship forces you to look for alternative avenues just to express basica human nature. It's why you have countless GOP far-right Christian hypocrites willing to pay for abortions in private and have extramarital affairs but are all for "family values" and "conservative morality".  

Despite all that, we still have a lot of work to do -- but you get unironic uses of "SJW" and "woke" used pejoratively that fail to see the bigger picture. 

Edited by Ibrahim

16 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

The Erotica promo must ve been exhausting for her, she handled it like a true Master :clap3:

I think she was having fun in the beginning but they were kinda wearing her down towards by the end. She's written about that '92-'95 period in her career in several private letters. She never let the press see or know about any mental anguish at the time though. Good on her for not letting them see her sweat because it would've just made things worse for her, I think. 

16 hours ago, MadOnHer said:

I don't know how she managed to keep her composure...

You didn't her her signature chuckle towards the end there? That fool bout had her cracking up at his silly self being "frightened" by a photo of a naked woman masturbating. Not disgusted, but frightened lol. She better than me because I would've got up and said I got better things to do with my time than entertain this but she loves to challenge people (and doesn't mind being challenged). She likes trying to figure people out. That's what makes her Madonna.

14 hours ago, RobDeWittBukater said:

This might my favorite Madonna interview of all time, very passionate about her art and her MO. I can watch her classic interviews all day. She was endlessly fascinating, intellectual and quite whimsical to boot. Very old school superstar charm and aura.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.