Adele: "Drake and I are a dying breed" Was she right?

TheArgonaut

Adele is leagues above Drake. I don’t know why she chose to parallel herself with him, commercially.

I don’t know why she would compare herself to Drake as he is NOWHERE near her level.

Well, she is dying breed, that I can agree with. But I don't know why she's trying to drag Drake down with her...

Billboard 200 as of this week:

#16 - CLB

#21 - Red (TV)

*BARRIER*

#170 - 30

:rip:

Both of them under Taylor now :jonnycat:

Some of you cannot read for **** or are way too dumb to read way past the first line of the tweet, it’s embarrassing :toofunny3:

Drake is as basic as it comes and Adele sweetie love her but the same applies to her too :rip:

Their success isn't questionable tho.. Maybe the slowdown in the huge success is for the best cause they're both lazy musically lately

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

15 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I don’t know why she would compare herself to Drake as he is NOWHERE near her level.

Doesn’t he do more units per year pretty much every year?

Adele did a big miscalculation by thinking she could dismiss/diss TikTok and streaming services altogether when even older people that supported her past releases moved to streaming like everyone else. She doesn't have a big dedicated fanbase like Taylor to think she could realistically pull that move. 

Edited by Taylena

26 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Adele is leagues above Drake. I don’t know why she chose to parallel herself with him, commercially.

Because what man could stand close to her besides him ? 

8 minutes ago, Timber said:

Doesn’t he do more units per year pretty much every year?

And how many albums does he have? :skull:

Drake can “do more” units as annual as he wants, no one will touch 21’s numbers.

1 minute ago, God_Donna said:

Because what man could stand close to her besides him ? 

Garth Brooks.

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Garth Brooks.

Well there’s also her. 

14 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Adele did a big miscalculating by thinking she could dismiss/diss TikTok and streaming services altogether when even older people that supported her past releases moved to streaming like everyone else. She doesn't have a big dedicated fanbase like Taylor to think she could realistically pull that move. 

what a PR disaster the 30 era was :dies:

Yeah her attitude was so bloody unappealing the whole era. She came across like this unlikeable snob in every statement or interview she did. She wasnt able to transition in the post 2019 streaming era.. aka tiktok determining the charts. 

Also Harry and Bad Bunny are low key coming to take Drakes spot. Bad Bunny already took drakes spot. He was #1 for like what? 14 weeks?? already surpassed 9B streams with his album. And Taylor remains as the most successful woman in the music industry for a tenth year now. Taylors only competition streaming wise is Bad Bunny and Drake now. She has no female competition anymore since 30 flopped 

Adele have been so cocky this past Era that is why she is not likeable anymore and the GP dump her

17 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Yeah her attitude was so bloody unappealing the whole era. She came across like this unlikeable snob in every statement or interview she did. She wasnt able to transition in the post 2019 streaming era.. aka tiktok determining the charts. 

This :giraffe:
I actually really liked her before the 30 era, but now I can’t stand her because of her  attitude. The boring music didn’t help either …

Adele was insufferable last era. The whole humble relatable Adele was gone. 

Drake wasn’t on her level so it was odd choice. Maybe she meant by debut weeks. 

Both are flops now so she didn't lie

Taylor ended both of them :clap3:

As far as being an artist that found fame before streaming really took off, she is correct. Those two, Rihanna, Beyoncé , Gaga (although I suppose Spotify was technically around when she debuted - although nowhere near as big as it is now), Taylor, and I’m struggling to to think of anyone else who’s still big that debuted before streaming really took off

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.