Draco Malfoy Discusses Rehab

AlanRickman1946

After growing up in the spotlight, the Harry Potter alum, 35, admitted in the book — released on Oct. 18 — that throughout his mid-to-late 20s, he started "drinking to escape" and spending a lot of time at dive bars "craving normality" while living in Los Angeles.

"I went from being not particularly interested to regularly having a few pints a day before the sun had even gone down, and a shot of whiskey to go with each of them," he wrote.

"The alcohol, though, wasn't the problem. It was the symptom. The problem was deeper," Felton said, later learning that his mental health was struggling.

Felton revealed that the situation became so bad that his manager, then-girlfriend, and agents eventually staged an intervention, demanding he get help as they were concerned about his drinking and behavior.

He recalled a message from his lawyer that "hit the hardest" and made him more willing to get help.

"My lawyer, whom I'd barely ever met face to face, spoke with quiet honesty," Felton wrote. "'Tom,' he said, 'I don't know you very well, but you seem like a nice guy. All I want to tell you is that this is the seventeenth intervention I've been to in my career. Eleven of them are now dead. Don't be the twelfth.'"

Following his intervention, Felton went to a rehab facility in Malibu, which he fled less than 24 hours after checking in. He later went to a second rehab facility but revealed that he got kicked out after being found in a girl's room.

1 hour ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

he got kicked out after being found in a girl's room.

yuck, he's so sleazy :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, Young Volcanoes said:

yuck, he's so sleazy :deadbanana4:

That part was...

Draco Malfoy is a fictional character, Tom Felton however is a real person so maybe the thread title should be changed.

Interesting 

3 hours ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

"My lawyer, whom I'd barely ever met face to face, spoke with quiet honesty," Felton wrote. "'Tom,' he said, 'I don't know you very well, but you seem like a nice guy. All I want to tell you is that this is the seventeenth intervention I've been to in my career. Eleven of them are now dead. Don't be the twelfth.'"

Following his intervention, Felton went to a rehab facility in Malibu, which he fled less than 24 hours after checking in. He later went to a second rehab facility but revealed that he got kicked out after being found in a girl's room.

These two paragraphs together :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.