Idaho: A Bill Banning Drag to Be Introduced

Horizon Flame

4 hours ago, DonSiblon said:

Maybe if these drag queens weren't so adamant on pushing those bi-weekly children’s drag shows at adult gay bars and going to schools to do “drag storytimes” this wouldn’t be happening. It was just asking for it, especially in red states. :coffee2: 

9 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

Why? :deadbanana2:Also why are they focusing on this?

bc it's a culture war issue that appeals to their base.

they WILL start banning being gay the moment they can.

8 hours ago, DonSiblon said:

Maybe if these drag queens weren't so adamant on pushing those bi-weekly children’s drag shows at adult gay bars and going to schools to do “drag storytimes” this wouldn’t be happening. It was just asking for it, especially in red states. :coffee2: 

serving "it wouldn't have happened to her if she weren't wearing such revealing clothing". not surprised considering your signature.

drag shows in "adult gay bars" don't happen without the parents' permission. kids cannot just go to these places on their own. :rip:

7 hours ago, Oxy said:

Ok I get some of the backlash again drag queens in children schools but they have no right forbidden grown adults from attending clubs or performing in them. 

The same way I advocate for Muslim women wearing or not the hijab, I also advocate for drag queens. 

drag in schools happens all the time and has for decades. in school plays, kids dress up as the opposite gender all the time. that is drag. that is theater.

9 hours ago, James_Dean said:

There are more important issues at hand, but of course a bunch of ***** are more concerned with gay activities… lil sus if you ask me. 

This is just a stepping stone to rolling back protections for the greater LGBTQ community. 

Edited by Blue Monday

10 hours ago, fauxtography said:

Considering I live there - this will effect very many as we have a lively drag scene, and with a fairly liberal city like Boise being the most populated this indeed involved many who "give a ****."

Disappointed you have an utada avi because you're a ******* dumbass! :rip:

Edit: Anyways, this seems to be directed at public places, which is still absolutely wrong. Means there can be no drag at pride except bars. :rip:

Take a breath you ******* weirdo, an ATRL comment isn't that deep :bibliahh:Idaho as a whole is a nonfactor in the US, and so my comment was clearly flippant at the ridiculousness of a Midwest state with plenty of other actual economic problems choosing to make this their priority.

Obviously every state has it's liberal areas, and I don't wish any of my fellow LGBTQ brothers and sisters to face this nonsensical bullshit. 

On 10/18/2022 at 11:24 PM, khalyan said:

This is an absolutely disgusting and completely uneducated take.  It's shameful you feel comfortable enough to share this on a predominantly gay forum.

What was the point of banning me for sharing my take though? I'm not alone in this as a gay man. And there are even drag queens themselves who have spoken out against exposing Drag to children. NEWSFLASH, while it's unfortunate, the reality is the majority of the world is still uncomortable with us gay people existing, with drag queens existing, let alone exposing drag to children. NEWSFLASH people who live in states like Idaho are not like us in uber-liberal cities like NYC and LA where this is A-OK and you can't force people to accept things like having children attending drag shows as some sort of protest move in a hick-town state like Idaho without expecting it to backfire. 

I hate the psychotic old white men and women who are in charge of my home state. I hate that there are people here who want psychotic whiny ******* like Ammon Bundy as governor. (I live a few towns over from Boise and I see far to many signs supporting that man). 

On 10/22/2022 at 9:56 AM, DonSiblon said:

What was the point of banning me for sharing my take though? I'm not alone in this as a gay man. And there are even drag queens themselves who have spoken out against exposing Drag to children. NEWSFLASH, while it's unfortunate, the reality is the majority of the world is still uncomortable with us gay people existing, with drag queens existing, let alone exposing drag to children. NEWSFLASH people who live in states like Idaho are not like us in uber-liberal cities like NYC and LA where this is A-OK and you can't force people to accept things like having children attending drag shows as some sort of protest move in a hick-town state like Idaho without expecting it to backfire. 

Stop speaking on **** you have no knowledge about. Collect your 2 brain cells and go!

We've had drag shows on public property for years, drag queen storytime for years, none of this **** is new. Conservatives have found another successful satanic panic topic to push politically which is the only reason this is even on the table.

21 hours ago, ThehushSound said:

I hate the psychotic old white men and women who are in charge of my home state. I hate that there are people here who want psychotic whiny ******* like Ammon Bundy as governor. (I live a few towns over from Boise and I see far to many signs supporting that man). 

I lived in Middleton, Idaho around 2017-2018. I liked it. I wonder how things have changed there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.