US to invade Haiti soon

ClashAndBurn

The United States has drafted a United Nations Security Council resolution that would support the deployment of a rapid action force to Haiti immediately as the country faces widespread crises, a US official has confirmed.

The effort appears to be an about-face for the Biden administration after a US official said earlier this week that it was "premature to talk about a US security presence" inside of Haiti. But it remains unclear exactly what role the US would play in this rapid action force.

From the excerpt that you’ve posted, claiming that the US is about to “invade” seems a little premature :skull: What’s going on in Haiti that the US is considering sending this “action force” down there?

I’m a bit out of the loop on this topic, enlighten me

1 minute ago, Flanders said:

From the excerpt that you’ve posted, claiming that the US is about to “invade” seems a little premature :skull: What’s going on in Haiti that the US is considering sending this “action force” down there?

I’m a bit out of the loop on this topic, enlighten me

Unrest as a result of (presumably) US operatives assassinating the Haitian president by shooting him point blank on his doorstep just last year. And the US-installed puppet government hasn't turned out very well for the Haitians.

The US is gathering consent from the UN, which is essentially its own personal international policy arm that exists to bully other nations into following American hegemony.

Someone should establish SOME order in Haiti. Things are extremely out of control already. 

The streets are empty because people won’t even dare to go to the market to buy food because of the armed bands that took control over the main cities. There’s no gas and when there is it’s 30 USD per gallon. The water is limited. It’s literal mayhem.

1 minute ago, hector.adriel said:

Someone should establish SOME order in Haiti. Things are extremely out of control already. 

The streets are empty because people won’t even dare to go to the market to buy food because of the armed bands that took control over the main cities. There’s no gas and when there is it’s 30 USD per gallon. The water is limited. It’s literal mayhem.

Who caused that problem?

The people who are about to invade? Oh.

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Who caused that problem?

The people who are about to invade? Oh.

I never said the US should invade them. Haiti’s problems go WAAAAAY back before USA intervened. Have they done everything BUT help? YES, but to say USA caused that problem is irresponsible.

I swear a few years ago weren’t SJW’s begging for USA to do something about Haiti? :rip:

3 minutes ago, hector.adriel said:

I never said the US should invade them. Haiti’s problems go WAAAAAY back before USA intervened. Have they done everything BUT help? YES, but to say USA caused that problem is irresponsible.

The US likely assassinated their president just last year through a CIA operation, and you're trying to say they're not directly the lead cause of the issues they're facing with the US-installed puppet government. I mean...  okay :skull: 

The OP is so annoying.

All he does is post sensationalized titles to his threads to get attention. 

If the

8 minutes ago, hector.adriel said:

No it's not irresponsible. Haiti's quality of life has drastically worsened with US intervention in the country. A completely decimated agricultural sector because the US pushing free trade on that sector, intervening on labor and thus suppressing wages for the benefit of US corporations... Your bigotry is showing.

If Haiti doesn’t want the U.S there then just leave them, they need to sort out their own mess.

Haiti is a mess rn. Haiti gangs are rampant and taking over. France should help them out. 

US advocating for invalidating Haiti's sovereignty goes against the rules-based international order, no?

3 minutes ago, Cheers said:

France should help them out. 

:deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

US advocating for invalidating Haiti's sovereignty goes against the rules-based international order, no?

They're not Russia, so no. Nothing to see here :wave:

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

What’s particularly egregious is that such an invasion will be met with international enthusiasm… exclusively from the West and NATO :deadbanana4:

40 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The US likely assassinated their president just last year through a CIA operation, and you're trying to say they're not directly the lead cause of the issues they're facing with the US-installed puppet government. I mean...  okay :skull: 

Girl this holds about as much weight as bush being responsible for 9/11 and the CIA killing JFK. Where’s the concrete proof? 

1 hour ago, Sesame said:

Girl this holds about as much weight as bush being responsible for 9/11 

Wrong comparison. It's like theorizing that Saudi Arabia likely had something to do with 9/11 - to go off of your chosen event - because most of the people involved were Saudi citizens and it'd require a huge level of logistical failures that several citizens could organize a mass terror attack on another country w/o their country knowing.

While here, the Haitian president was factually killed by a group made-up of largely Americans and Colombian citizens.

Did the US conspire with this group? Who knows, but feels key to ask why a country is being trusted to organize a "emergency action" about Haiti when they themselves couldn't even prevent some of their own citizens from leaving America, getting into Haiti, and killing the president of another nation without anyone knowing. :deadbanana4:

I mean, really:

- US citizens participate in a mercenary assassination of the Haitian president with court filings revealing some kind of link between mercenaries and "US intelligence agencies".

- US throws its support behind Ariel Henry who becomes deeply unpopular over the course of 12 months by delaying elections, restructuring the government, and cutting subsidies to basic essentials that result in mass uproar and protests over the impact of quality of life.

- US now petitions on Henry's behalf for military intervention due to armed resistance groups demanding Henry step down over a new investigation connecting him to the people who masterminded the assassination of the president in question, and that elections be allowed without foreign interference.

Like... America, sis... give it up already. :skull:

Edited by Communion

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

not this conspiracy theory… You know absolutely nothing, no one does for sure :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, Mean Trees said:

If the

No it's not irresponsible. Haiti's quality of life has drastically worsened with US intervention in the country. A completely decimated agricultural sector because the US pushing free trade on that sector, intervening on labor and thus suppressing wages for the benefit of US corporations... Your bigotry is showing.

Haiti’s quality of life has always been sh*t. Before and during US intervention, and that is a fact. It’s irresponsible to blame Haiti’s mess solely on the US. Have the contributed to it? Hugely, but there is way more to it than what you’re saying.

I don’t even know why we’re discussing this, at the end of the day, Haiti is in literal flames and it just needs SOMEONE to intervene and put an end to this mess. This has been going on for waaaay to long.

54 minutes ago, Sesame said:

Girl this holds about as much weight as bush being responsible for 9/11 and the CIA killing JFK. Where’s the concrete proof? 

Like literally :rip: he says these things as if you’re supposed to believe it because “duhhhh!!! I have no proof but duh!!”

If they are cool with chaos and demonise assistance, let them deal with their mess. If it ends up leading to a wipeout of the population, they will blame the US for not intervening and claim racism. Bye

2 hours ago, hector.adriel said:

not this conspiracy theory… You know absolutely nothing, no one does for sure :toofunny2:

Haiti’s quality of life has always been sh*t. Before and during US intervention, and that is a fact. It’s irresponsible to blame Haiti’s mess solely on the US. Have the contributed to it? Hugely, but there is way more to it than what you’re saying.

I don’t even know why we’re discussing this, at the end of the day, Haiti is in literal flames and it just needs SOMEONE to intervene and put an end to this mess. This has been going on for waaaay to long.

It's a mess because of US intervention. The only reason why the US wants to go in is because now it's unexploitable in this state.

2 hours ago, hector.adriel said:

There's many factors at play when it comes to the political crisis Haiti is currently facing, but the idea that poverty, inequality and exploitation there historically predates US interventions isn't true simply because America have exploited Haiti throughout it's entire history as a republic. I mean, the first time the US invaded there was literally in the 1910s.

3 hours ago, Communion said:

Yes, but if anything of the sort happens, NATO-backed trigger-happy western media will make sure to push the propaganda that the US shitting on Haiti's autonomy as a nation actually means that America is taking the higher ground as the world's 'Avenger' to help those poor savages from the global south. :shakeno:

6 hours ago, Cheers said:

Haiti is a mess rn. Haiti gangs are rampant and taking over. France should help them out. 

Didn’t they genocide all the white French ppl there and all the mixed race ppl too?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.