• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloy

• Scars

• BrokenMachine

• Protocol

:heart: amazing :clap3:

I remember when ATRL used to say that streams from Latin Americans didn’t count :rip: 

but the way Rosalia and Camila are the only albums where a chunk of the streams don't come from droplets that were released years ago :gaydonnacat1:

38 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

:heart: amazing :clap3:

I remember when ATRL used to say that streams from Latin Americans didn’t count :rip: 

I've only heard fans saying that about China

Becky G :clap3: that disco song about her ex is so good!

Latino is not a race. Therefore, Rosalia, Camilla and Becky G are white women.  Latin American has a larger population than North America. I'm just saying... Trying to make it seem like spanish speaking people are marginalized in any way is stupid. Yes, many of them are immigrants but they are still white and can settle into America comfortably once they learn English if they haven't already

3 minutes ago, Cloy said:

Latino is not a race. Therefore, Rosalia, Camilla and Becky G are white women.  Latin American has a larger population than North America. I'm just saying... Trying to make it seem like spanish speaking people are marginalized in any way is stupid. Yes, many of them are immigrants but they are still white and can settle into America comfortably once they learn English if they haven't already

No one has said Latino is a race in this thread. Latino it's an ethnicity :pancake:

4 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

No one has said Latino is a race in this thread. Latino it's an ethnicity :pancake:

Ok so what  is the point of this thread? Are we supposed to be surprised or something? 

3 minutes ago, Cloy said:

1. Becky G is not white, Sofia Rayes would

sooner be considered one than Becky G

2. Many white latinos are marginalized in the US and Europe if their name/last name sounds spanish, I just read someone calling Selena Gomez “dirty mexican” on an article about her pic with Justin Bieber’s wife

Just now, Cloy said:

Ok so what  is the point of this thread? Are we supposed to be surprised or something? 

Well, maybe celebrate Latin women achievements, but seems like maybe you have some kind of problem with that :coffee2:

16 minutes ago, Cloy said:

...what? such a painfully off-topic post. Random as ****. :deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

"Latino is not a race."

No one in this thread has said otherwise. 

"Trying to make it seem like spanish speaking people are marginalized in any way is stupid."

That's factually not true in the US. Race isn't the only factor to oppression, ATRL member Cloy.

"Yes, many of them are immigrants but they are still white"

Are you trying to suggest latinos are collectively white? ew.

Now that you got the attention you were looking for, let me go back to what it's actually being discussed by OP:

OT: Congrats to Sofía Reyes for having the most streamed album from a latina artist this year. :clap3:

3 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Latinas occupy the top 5 most streamed female albums of the year

Rosal%C3%ADa_-_Motomami.png

#6 ROSALÍA - MOTOMAMI+ - 1.24B

:huh:

I gave up on that one. People are still gonna call her Latina because she's from a Latin country (which is not wrong), but still there's a huge difference between being Latin from Europe and Latin from Latam :gaycat6:

The way TINI will automatically make the list once T4 is released. Whew

48 minutes ago, Cloy said:

Becky is mixed and can't even pass for white lol

1 hour ago, period sis said:

but the way Rosalia and Camila are the only albums where a chunk of the streams don't come from droplets that were released years ago :gaydonnacat1:

Becky G’s first single came out April 2021, 2nd single June 2021, 3rd single Feb 2022 and album May 2022 :rip:

38 minutes ago, Scars said:

...what? such a painfully off-topic post. Random as ****. :deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

"Latino is not a race."

No one in this thread has said otherwise. 

"Trying to make it seem like spanish speaking people are marginalized in any way is stupid."

That's factually not true in the US. Race isn't the only factor to oppression, ATRL member Cloy.

"Yes, many of them are immigrants but they are still white"

Are you trying to suggest latinos are collectively white? ew.

Now that you got the attention you were looking for, let me go back to what it's actually being discussed by OP:

OT: Congrats to Sofía Reyes for having the most streamed album from a latina artist this year. :clap3:

Because it’s trying to make it seem like some actual whole ass POC’s are slaying when it’s just White women from another side of the world that speak different White language. 

6 minutes ago, Great808 said:

Because it’s trying to make it seem like some actual whole ass POC’s are slaying when it’s just White women from another side of the world that speak different White language. 

Exactly, which the OP clearly meant.

These girls check WHITE on census followed by their ethnicity. Moving on. 

32 minutes ago, Great808 said:

Anitta is white? Becky G is white?

42 minutes ago, Great808 said:

Where in the OP was stated that any of those women are WOC or even anything remotely close to make one believe it? :confused: OP didn't say anything at all other than stating these girls' numbers. 

It seems that only you and Cloy had this poor reasoning by looking at that thread title. The fact that both of you felt the need to make a point about these women being white in multiple posts, despite no even one questioning it in the first place, says it all. This isn't really the "got'cha" moment both of you seem to think it is. In fact, one of these women aren't even latina, so if anything, that's what should be questioned here. :deadbanana4:

People make threads grouping artists by their nationality, ethnicity, language, culture or even for being former child stars (ex-acts) all time here and I don't remember seeing anyone bothered by that before. I'm just going to assume the reactions probably has something to do with some random stanwar connected to any of these girls and I'm not aware of because I don't stan any of them, but that's a really weird way to go at it. So unserious. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Scars

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.