Billboard: Avril and Demi Will Compete in Grammys Rock Category

Blankspace2010

Demi Lovato’s Holy F*ck, Avril Lavigne’s Love Sux and Tears for Fears’ The Tipping Point are all on the line between pop and rock; all are competing for best rock album

The first time since 2004 that Avril has been categorised in the rock category and she was nominated for Losing Grip then.

Will this increase Demi and Avrils chance for a nomination? 

It’s a turning point for Avril who tried in her early years to be taken seriously as a rock artist - TBDT was considered for pop categories and general fields. In 2022 the ever similar Love Sux will compete in the rock category. 

Edited by Blankspace2010

both released one of the best albums of the year,i hope they can score at least one nomination

Rock voters are older so I expect Tears for Fears to get nominated, but not Avril or Demi

Both albums deserve to be nominated :WAP:

It feels wrong that Avril has no Grammys, I hope she wins but Im happy if she gets nominated this year

Holy **** deserves a nomination :clap3:

The Grammys also moved Plastic Hearts' submissions to rock categories last year. I'm a bit skeptical because rock voters are older and much more conservative, so putting pop-rock girls to compete in that field kinda feels like a set up, but we'll have to wait and see. Good luck to them.

Edited by Scars

24 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Both albums deserve to be nominated :WAP:

It feels wrong that Avril has no Grammys, I hope she wins but Im happy if she gets nominated this year

It’s tragic she has no Grammys!

The way Plastic Hearts wasnt even nominated and it was a better album than both of theirs

the nominees were only old Male farts too :dies:

but good luck to them

Avril rly came back into her own with this one, truly the right path according to many

Demi served something that many ppl saw for her, and there are surprisingly many good opinions about it (for her esp)

:clap3:

Would be happy for them if they made it in, but look at this past year’s nominees for Best Rock Album now that there’s no panel in that field anymore. I expect older acts to dominate nominations. 

Will be rooting for Holy F*ck as it's one of the best albums released this year :clap3:

surprised sheryl crow won back in the 90s. most recent female winner

47 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Bookmarked :redface:

Bookmarked for what purpose?

Good luck queens :heart:

59 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Bookmarked for what purpose?

I don’t think they will both be nominated  :redface: 

Edited by Katamari

Eh…. Both albums have been non-events. The only thing Avril brought back was the nostalgia. It’ll be interesting which one will win.

Can you imagine if Avril wins her first Grammy for a 2022 album? I know she can do it - Losing Grip was ROBBED 

4 hours ago, Rev8 said:

The way Plastic Hearts wasnt even nominated and it was a better album than both of theirs

the nominees were only old Male farts too :dies:

but good luck to them

Avril rly came back into her own with this one, truly the right path according to many

Demi served something that many ppl saw for her, and there are surprisingly many good opinions about it (for her esp)

:clap3:

Mikey Dips her toe but never commits so she becomes niche in the pop genre and can’t compete

6 hours ago, Katamari said:

I don’t think they will both be nominated  :redface: 

I didn’t say I think Avril or Demi will be nominated? It’s a topic with a question for discussion. This is a forum - its purpose is to have discussion ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.