The Fall of the House of Usher (2023) | 92% on RT | Now streaming on Netflix

genetic fail

I'm watching this show as a mystery thriller with a spooky aesthetic rather than a horror show. It's kinda helping me get into the show lol

• Like 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miles.

• Reverse Warholian

• RideOrDie

• publikcitizen

is this as scary as hill house? that show gagged me because of how good it was but i'm still traumatized by the bent neck lady episode i watched at 2 AM, just want to know if i can watch this at night :rip:

This was excellent,  the best Mike Flanagan series (since Hill House & Bly Manor to me). The ending was brilliantly done :clap3:

Edited by Hector

5 hours ago, ReneighIsHere said:

is this as scary as hill house? that show gagged me because of how good it was but i'm still traumatized by the bent neck lady episode i watched at 2 AM, just want to know if i can watch this at night :rip:

Very cheap jump scares. The deaths can be quite disturbing though

• Like 1

I watched the whole thing yesterday LOL, it was good.

I just want another The Haunting of..., this wasn't scary enough, this was more like "murder mystery" with some jump-scare scenes x

55 minutes ago, stochastic said:

Very cheap jump scares. The deaths can be quite disturbing though

oh ok.. what really got me with the haunting of hill house was the fact that i was completely sucked in by the story and i was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. So anything that happened would have a big effect on me lol

On 10/14/2023 at 2:34 AM, Reverse Warholian said:

Is anyone else having a hard time getting into this? :dancehall:

Alright I am FULLY on board with this now. I switched like a baguette after Episode 2! Now I get what Flanagan's trying to do here. @Leptine @Walk_Away21 @The Witch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Alright I am FULLY on board with this now. I switched like a baguette after Episode 2! Now I get what Flanagan's trying to do here. @Leptine @Walk_Away21 @The Witch

Maybe I will have to let my Black Beard flag fly and stream.

4 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Which season should I start with?

J6IcVW5.gif

Edited by The Witch

3 hours ago, The Witch said:

Which season should I start in?

J6IcVW5.gif

Wdym 

4fAaKop.gif

I actually really enjoyed this! Binged it this weekend. Pales in comparison to HOHH but still super enjoyable and great for spooky season.

The actress from Scream did a really good job playing a young ruthless Madeline. 

Carla was as usual exceptional here. Glad she had a bigger role this time. She’s so good at playing these characters. 

4 hours ago, The Witch said:

Which season should I watch first

4fAaKop.gif

It's one season tho

4fAaKop.gif

unpopular opinion but Midnight Mass was a masterpiece for me and this feels like a cheap, trashy collage with bad special effects, questionable dialogues and commedia dell’arte characters.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

Mike Flanagan is the most overrated horror director of our time. 

I agree. He’s very good with spooky aesthetic but his writing needs to improve lol. 

On E4 and I'm loving this!  It's definitely more campy and "fun" than the other Flanagan stuff.  While I agree it's not a career-defining masterpiece like Hill House and Midnight Mass, it's still really good.  And it's unfair to expect everything to be THAT good.

Also, for the people complaining it's too slow....... have you ever watched a Flanagan show?  This is moving at the same pace as all his other stuff.  The end of E2 was crazy and really kicked things into gear.  

My only slight criticism is that the characters do lack depth... but obviously that's intentional as these people are abhorrent and we're supposed to be rooting for them to get what they deserve.

• Like 2

i'm at episode 5 and wheew willa fitzgerald slaying!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hypnodemiluv said:

i'm at episode 5 and wheew willa fitzgerald slaying!

I forgot to say this earlier but ABSOLUTELY this.  I remember seeing her in MTV's Scream and thinking she was just okay, but she is devouring this role.  I'm stunned that out of this whole stacked cast, she's the MVP.  

Carla, Samantha, and T'Nia are predictably excellent as well, but the other big surprise is Hamill.  I didn't even recognize him, I think this is some of his best work ever!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

barbiegrande

8 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

I have to agree but when he hits he HITS. 

@Leptine the way I went from almost hating this to it being in my top 3 series of 2023, w h e w ! I'm on Black Cat rn and am fighting the urge to binge the rest in one sitting. Carla Gugino MIGHT be coming for an Emmy (nomination!), I fear. @ChapelHooker @Walk_Away21

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.