Final predictions (ChartEssentials): Bad Habit vs. Unholy for #1, Heat Waves 91 weeks

pride4jc1222

6 hours ago, Sinister said:

Personally I think it’s rather fitting. The likes of “I’m Yours” and “Radioactive” used to hold the title. Both are songs no one would have even would think of being the holders

Blinding Lights made too much sense and the chart gods wanted to bring back balance ?

Is there some sort of analysis that could be done on the total points of those songs or something? Just theoretically speaking since I'm sure it would take forever - and I know that can't necessarily speak to how big each song felt - but even though BL is more "pop" Radioactive was also everywhere. I think that or even I'm Yours would make more sense as the record holder than HW.

1 hour ago, potent said:

Is there some sort of analysis that could be done on the total points of those songs or something? Just theoretically speaking since I'm sure it would take forever - and I know that can't necessarily speak to how big each song felt - but even though BL is more "pop" Radioactive was also everywhere. I think that or even I'm Yours would make more sense as the record holder than HW.

To be clear, I think Blinding Lights should have the record because it debuted high and was always doing well as compared to tracks like Im Yours and Radioactive who took many many months to take up

BL is impressive cause it really survived in a time where BB knocks a song off after 52 weeks below #25 as well as the inclusion of Christmas songs which interrupted its continuity

Heatwave is like IY and Radioactive. It took time to build before exploding. But you’re right, something about it feels disconnected (and I find the song catchy asf)

Other predictions: 

42 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

If Unholy blocks Bad Habits :rip: quality rly will lose

Bad Habit already has been #1 for 2 weeks so it can't be "blocked".

19 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

If Unholy blocks Bad Habits :rip: quality rly will lose

It has 23m streams and 12k sales.. BH is getting it because of radio.

24 minutes ago, Green said:

Bad Habit already has been #1 for 2 weeks so it can't be "blocked".

that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a 3rd week :biblio:

19 hours ago, potent said:

So many things crazy about Heat Waves breaking the longevity record:

1. There is a song that debuted right around the same time, Wasted on You, that is charting higher than Heat Waves. [Part of me wonders if Morgan never had the controversy, would WoY be breaking the longevity record with HW. After all, the parent album, Dangerous, is already at 91 weeks in the Top 10.]

2. Blinding Lights charted with Lucid Dreams (which charted in May 2018) and also with WoY and HW (which are still charting in October 2022). We have gone 4.5 years straight with at least one song co-inhabiting the charts with BL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.