Hundreds of Muslims protest the use of LGBTQ books in Michigan School board meeting.

Delirious

4 hours ago, Literature said:

Proof? 

There is evidence from both Quran and hadith Sahih al-Bukhari, which for Muslims is the only most reliable source after the Quran. 

I’ll start with a hadith that directly addresses the main point:

1 - Muhammed said: ”A people who make a woman their ruler will never be successful." [Reported by al-Bukhari].

Muhammed said that when he heard the news that Persia made Khusrau's daughter as their queen (ruler).

Let’s see what the Quran says: 

2- Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], beat them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand. ( An-nisa34 ). 

I don't think any woman who is under her  husband’s responsibility and get beaten up by him is the same one who takes leadership positions in politics. These are two contradictory things.

3- Surah al-Baqarah 282. O you who believe! When you contract a debt with one another for a term appointed, write it down. And have a scribe write in your presence, in all fairness. And let no scribe refuse to write, as Allah has taught him. So let him write, and let the debtor dictate, and let him fear Allah his Lord, and diminish nothing from it. But if the debtor is incompetent, or weak, or unable to dictate, then let his guardian dictate justly. And call to witness two witnesses from among your men. If two men cannot be found, then a man and two women from among those whom you approve as witnesses. If one of them forgets, the other will remind her. Witnesses must not refuse when called upon. 

Making the testimony of a woman half that of a man makes it literally a defect of reason according to the prophet of Islam. 

Abd Allah b. 'Umar reported the Messenger of Allah as saying:
I did not see more defective in respect of reason and religion than the wise of you (women). A woman asked: What is the defect of reason and religion ? He replied: The defect of reason is the testimony of two women for one man, and the defect of faith is that one of you does not fast during Ramadan (when one is menstruating), and keep away from prayer for some days.

This false claim not only leaves Muslim women in sharia out of politics, but it also doesn't even allow them to become court judges. Now the story is different with Islamic countries that govern with man-made laws more than sharia laws, but still all without exception take the testimony of a woman half that of a man, so let's say, for example, if a Muslim couple wants to get married in an Islamic country at this moment as I'm writing this post, they have to bring two female witnesses as an alternative to one single witness man. 

4- “And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give zakat (charity between Muslims); and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.”  Al-ahzab 33

Muhammad wanted women to stay in their houses and not be like those who belong to the era of ignorance.

The strange thing is during the period of so called “ignorance” women enjoyed more freedom and success, including his first wife Khadija herself who was a successful business woman that helped Muhammed escape poverty. Hence, that’s why she was an exception and that is why it was difficult for people from that era to accept islam, including Muahammed’s uncle himself.

Now, let's get back to Rashida's defense of LGBT rights. This is excellent, and it’s normal, because people's sexuality is their identity that must be taught at school for many good reasons, it’s part of them, not just an ideology they believe in. kudos to her. Thus, it’s true that she, and even Ilhan herself are not seen as true Muslims in true sense of Islam. So, taking Rashida as an example of tolerance of LGBT people in Islam is unfortunately unrealistic. She is a secular person who somehow distances her religion from politics.

Edited by A.R.L

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Delirious

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Luckitty

4 hours ago, Literature said:

Proof? 

Ask any scholar in the world and they'll tell you the same :rip: believe it or not Islam has a definition and many rigorous sciences behind it its not just whatever you want it to be or ur subjective interpretation

why does ATRL speak on things they dont know anything about

40 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

There is evidence from both Quran and hadith Sahih al-Bukhari, which for Muslims is the only most reliable source after the Quran. 

1 - Muhammed said: ”A people who make a woman their ruler will never be successful." [Reported by al-Bukhari].

Muhammed said that when he heard the news that Persia made Khusrau's daughter as their queen (ruler).

2- Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], beat them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand. ( An-nisa34 ). 

I don't think any woman who is under her  husband’s responsibility and get beaten up by him is the same one who takes leadership positions in politics. These are two contradictory things.

3- Surah al-Baqarah 282. O you who believe! When you contract a debt with one another for a term appointed, write it down. And have a scribe write in your presence, in all fairness. And let no scribe refuse to write, as Allah has taught him. So let him write, and let the debtor dictate, and let him fear Allah his Lord, and diminish nothing from it. But if the debtor is incompetent, or weak, or unable to dictate, then let his guardian dictate justly. And call to witness two witnesses from among your men. If two men cannot be found, then a man and two women from among those whom you approve as witnesses. If one of them forgets, the other will remind her. Witnesses must not refuse when called upon. 

Making the testimony of a woman half that of a man makes it literally a defect of reason according to the prophet of Islam. 

I did not see more defective in respect of reason and religion than the wise of you (women). A woman asked: What is the defect of reason and religion ? He replied: The defect of reason is the testimony of two women for one man, and the defect of faith is that one of you does not fast during Ramadan (when one is menstruating), and keep away from prayer for some days.

This false claim not only leaves Muslim women in sharia out of politics, but it also doesn't even allow them to become court judges. Now the story is different with Islamic countries that govern with man-made laws more than sharia laws, but still all without exception take the testimony of a woman half that of a man, so let's say, for example, if a Muslim couple wants to get married in an Islamic country at this moment as I'm writing this post, they have to bring two female witnesses as an alternative to one single witness man. 

4- “And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give zakat (charity between Muslims); and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.”  Al-ahzab 33

Muhammad wanted women to stay in their houses and not be like those who belong to the era of ignorance.

The strange thing is during the period of so called “ignorance” women enjoyed more freedom and success, including his first wife Khadija herself who was a successful business woman that helped Muhammed escape poverty. Hence, that’s why she was an exception and that is why it was difficult for people from that era to accept islam, including Muahammed’s uncle himself.

Now, let's get back to Rashida's defense of LGBT rights. This is excellent, and it’s normal, because people's sexuality is their identity that must be taught at school for many good reasons, it’s part of them, not just an ideology they believe in. kudos to her. Thus, it’s true that she, and even Ilhan herself are not seen as true Muslims in true sense of Islam. So, taking Rashida as an example of tolerance of LGBT people in Islam is unfortunately unrealistic. She is a secular person who somehow distances her religion from politics.

Is Joe Biden not Catholic for supporting abortions? Do you think it's fruitful to waste time telling Joe Biden he is not a Catholic as opposed to recognizing that he as a Catholic can still support abortion?

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Is Joe Biden not Catholic for supporting abortions? Do you think it's fruitful to waste time telling Joe Biden he is not a Catholic as opposed to recognizing that he as a Catholic can still support abortion?

This makes him a secular person and not Catholic according to the teachings of Christianity. A Catholic person is someone like Pope Francis who clearly admits that abortion is murder, this is the true example of what a Catholic person is.

But suppose both Biden and Rashida simply don't care what people say about their faith, at least they separate their faith from politics which is what every country in this world needs, especially the Islamic world, they really need more people like Rashida.

On 10/15/2022 at 1:38 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

This isnt true tbh. In Europe muslims dont wish to put their beliefs onto the liberal population. Thats something you see christians do much more in general.

spacer.png

The fact that I literally got 2 WP's for no reason at all. They're literally trying to silence me!!!!

What a horrible reason:

"We've noticed a history of anti-Muslim threads and comments coming from your account."

Anti-Muslim? Er yea? If person person goes on to post 10000000 Anti-Christian threads I bet ya 10000% that noone will bat an eye.

At least come up with something better. :bibliahh::)

3 hours ago, A.R.L said:

This makes him a secular person and not Catholic 

Try calling Joe Biden a fake Catholic then sis and *YOU* will now look like the insane, orthodox person to most sane peopoe. 

Again, y'all who keep using this phrasing think you've outsmarted everyone but you've not. Most people within the context of America do not believe religions hold strict guidelines and instead feel you make religions more tolerant by expanding how that religion can be practiced, not by trying to dwindle down the numbers for each on who gets to be a true this or that. 

You really think you're preaching some light bulb moment that we are just somehow not getting, but we get it and find the entire approach alienating, abrasive and ineffective.

If you want religions to become more tolerant, you allow people to expand the definition of what a religion can be. If you want to come off as an anti-religion contrarian who wants to alienate people with ineffective methods, you do what you're doing. 

Edited by Communion

Muslims being hateful? I literally see them threatening to kill people on the basis on Tik Tok, this is not surprising at all.

The gays defending this serving:

6 hours ago, Delirious said:

The fact that I literally got 2 WP's for no reason at all. They're literally trying to silence me!!!!

What a horrible reason:

"We've noticed a history of anti-Muslim threads and comments coming from your account."

Anti-Muslim? Er yea? If person person goes on to post 10000000 Anti-Christian threads I bet ya 10000% that noone will bat an eye.

At least come up with something better. :bibliahh::)

You shouldn’t be making this threads sis, don’t bring politics or religion into this forum. Specially when most of the people here are biased by the American political system. You should just enjoy the music. And of course THAT user is posting in here and trying to justify this. :ahh:
I remember that thread I made about Fidel Castro being literally a criminal and people were stanning. :ahh:Never again.

4 hours ago, TheArgonaut said:

The gays defending this serving:

You shouldn’t be making this threads sis, don’t bring politics or religion into this forum. Specially when most of the people here are biased by the American political system. You should just enjoy the music. And of course THAT user is posting in here and trying to justify this. :ahh:
I remember that thread I made about Fidel Castro being literally a criminal and people were stanning. :ahh:Never again.

Its so funny how that user who tries so hard to defend Islam is a self identified communist. Talk about irony. :bibliahh:

i posted it cause i ltierally thought thats what the civics section was for. Otherwise what is the point of it if anyome can get WP for a differing view

Edited by Delirious

On 10/17/2022 at 3:20 AM, Luckitty said:

typical atrler trying to silence poc voices

unfortunately for you i'm not gonna stfu, so what are you gonna do about it :celestial5: are you gonna call the kkk on me?

Are you that dense? The user clearly stated that they were an ex muslim.

The fact that yall think everyone criticizing islam is white is so funny to me i have to laugh.

the irony of muslims opposing homosexuality for morality's sake when hadiths explicitly mention Mohammed sexual assaulting a child 

17 hours ago, A.R.L said:

And you came with receipts :coffee2:

Yeah this is gross. Sick of people not calling out Islam out of fear of upsetting Muslims when you should be completely within your right to criticise any religion without being labelled as racist.

It happens in the UK too. If you’re in a country with different views and outlooks that differ to yours you can’t just protest until you get your way. But people bend over backwards for groups that wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. :rip: 

On 10/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, C-Amber said:

Religious served purpose for billions of people, many practice life the right way through it. Just because you don't doesn't mean others won't. It shouldn't be tough though, teach that in mosques and churches or whatever holy places where is supposed to be for worshiping. Teaching religion is extremely dangerous in school, one teacher with wrong thinking could literally created whole generation with false ideas about religions. Same as sexuality, literally one teacher with wrong thoughts can endanger those kids lives, can plant wrong ideas about sexuality in those kids ears, why the **** will you want your kids to learn about sexuality from total stranger??? Don't say school administrations gonna protect them, no they won't, there are many schools with awful board on top of them and they give no ****. Let them teach math, sport, history and those other normal stuff. But important things that defines people like religion and sexuality **** no. I've seen with my own eyes how teachers will try to twist those stuff while teaching them.

Sex education is very important for kids, and religion is a part of life. These topics should be covered in school in some way. How are you supposed to ignore sexuality in a biology class? Religion in a history class? Sexuality will probably be part of certain literature that is taught in high school. We don't want kids to be totally ignorant of sexuality and religion when they graduate high school.

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Sex education is very important for kids, and religion is a part of life. These topics should be covered in school in some way. How are you supposed to ignore sexuality in a biology class? Religion in a history class? Sexuality will probably be part of certain literature that is taught in high school. We don't want kids to be totally ignorant of sexuality and religion when they graduate high school.

And what will you do when an ignorant person with false ideas come to teach +100 kids his false ideas? Biology should be tough normally as it is, explain the body, including what types of humans, women/men and explain it as part of biology. But to never cross into gender identity or someone sexuality.

1 minute ago, C-Amber said:

And what will you do when an ignorant person with false ideas come to teach +100 kids his false ideas? Biology should be tough normally as it is, explain the body, including what types of humans, women/men and explain it as part of biology. But to never cross into gender identity or someone sexuality.

Schools have curriculum, and teachers have standards. If we are too afraid to let our kids be taught because the person teaching might say something out of line, then we should just all home school. Should we not teach about the history of racism because a teacher might say something ignorant?

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Schools have curriculum, and teachers have standards. If we are too afraid to let our kids be taught because the person teaching might say something out of line, then we should just all home school. Should we not teach about the history of racism because a teacher might say something ignorant?

And millions of school don't have board that will protect their kids, millions won't have the mean to give them the right stuff. Sexuality and religion is someone personal matter, should only be tough in the most general way. Racism isn't person matter, its worldwide issues and should always be addressed. Again why tf will you want complete stranger to teach your kids extremely personal, life defining and way if living stuff as sexuality and religion? *** no, I'll teach my kids that, show them all about it in right way, not going to let someone I have no idea where they stand in matter of religion or sexuality to say stuff to my kids.

2 minutes ago, C-Amber said:

Racism isn't person matter, its worldwide issues

Religion and sexuality also are worldwide issues.

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Religion and sexuality also are worldwide issues.

Religion is person choice, sexuality is someone identity, while racism is millions thinking their race is superior. It isn't the same. Again you want your kids or your family to learn sexuality and religion by strangers that's on you (might be some with extreme religion beliefs or someone will oppress and belittle many sexualities) but believe me, majority of kids won't go to the school boards to file complains against teachers and what they teach 

Just now, C-Amber said:

And millions of school don't have board that will protect their kids, millions won't have the mean to give them the right stuff. Sexuality and religion is someone personal matter, should only be tough in the most general way. Racism isn't person matter, its worldwide issues and should always be addressed. Again why tf will you want complete stranger to teach your kids extremely personal, life defining and way if living stuff as sexuality and religion? *** no, I'll teach my kids that, show them all about it in right way, not going to let someone I have no idea where they stand in matter of religion or sexuality to say stuff to my kids.

How do you even do that.

"Sexuality x, y, and z are different because...

But if you have any questions, ask you parents."

Like that?

Just now, harwee said:

How do you even do that.

"Sexuality x, y, and z are different because...

But if you have any questions, ask you parents."

Like that?

No, Just don't teach sexuality and teach humans body/parts as biology, aka "male body has this and female body has that".

English isn't my first language, so I can't really explain it properly.

Just now, C-Amber said:

No, Just don't teach sexuality and teach humans body/parts as biology, aka "male body has this and female body has that".

English isn't my first language, so I can't really explain it properly.

Yeah, I don't know how you can do that.

The idea of learning is to stir curiosity. You can't open that door and say "that's enough for the day."
You have to commit to why you are teaching it.

If you say the details are taboo, that would disturb the child because you planted that seed in the first place. Its very hypocritical.

9 minutes ago, harwee said:

Yeah, I don't know how you can do that.

The idea of learning is to stir curiosity. You can't open that door and say "that's enough for the day."
You have to commit to why you are teaching it.

If you say the details are taboo, that would disturb the child because you planted that seed in the first place. Its very hypocritical.

What hypocritical about teaching biography as biography? About teaching the body organs of men and women without talking about someone sexuality or gender identity they chose? It's basic biology, it's the same everywhere in everyone, all born have either male or female bodies and those should be tough as it is. As for gender identity or someone sexuality that's whole other topic.

Just now, C-Amber said:

What hypocritical about teaching biography as biography? About teaching the body organs of men and women without talking about someone sexuality or gender identity they chose? It's basic biology, it's the same everywhere in everyone, all born have either male or female bodies and those should be tough as it is. As for gender identity or someone sexuality that's whole other topic.

By hypocritical, I meant teaching the basic and then turn around and say the details are taboo.

And you said, sexuality, not biology. How will you translate that approach that you posted above into sexuality lessons?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.