Tweets in ATRL posts? Do you see them?

The7thStranger

Do you guys ever actually see tweets that get embedded into ATRL posts? Is there some trick that I'm missing? Every time somebody posts a tweet, all I see is a black field with nothing to see or click on.

And that's with Firefox and Safari.

This is what I see:

y6Dontn.png

I use Firefox and see them with no issue.

Yeah - sometimes they are like that for me, and sometimes they'll even get their own 503 error. Usually, I just refresh the page and they show up or I keep refreshing until they do. 

Most of the time I see them, but every now and then they'll get stuck like the screenshot you shared. Some times I have to refresh like 10 times.

I always refresh and they show up. Also, if you right click, you can choose to open the frame in a new tab, and that always works for me on the first try

I have trouble seeing them when the server is overloaded and there are constant 503s, but if I refresh a few times it usually shows up.

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

I always refresh and they show up. Also, if you right click, you can choose to open the frame in a new tab, and that always works for me on the first try

I don't even get that option, weirdly. The post is simply blank. If I try to highlight within it, it fails because it doesn't see anything. :monkey:

yes.

but if it has a video, most of the time it won't play. 

5 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

:giraffe:

Sometimes I see a wall of 503s for every tweet in the thread :deadbanana2: it could be that one of your privacy extensions is blocking it, I think privacy badger tends to do that but you can re-enable tweets in it.

I usually have to refresh. Once I just gave up because they just wouldn't load. That's why I never enter the Ukraine thread anymore. It's just pages full of errors...

Most of the time, no. And I struggle to even reply to threads sometimes too because the reply box won’t open properly (so then I just don’t bother saying anything, so hihi).

sometimes i have to refresh if it doesn't load

i think you may have to enable your 3rd party cookies in your browser to be able to view them

ezgif-3-421cd7ddfc.thumb.gif.9cb3ece930967d8bd8a634c238e1f49f.gif

most of the time I don't 

6wwb9p.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.