Janelle Monáe praises Johnny Depp as her inspiration

mystery

Very disappointing coming from her.  :deadbanana4:

"ACTING CAREER"

You tried it.

When I think about careers, this person as an actor, his life an as an actor only, Johnny Depp has a very vast career,” she told the festival audience.

The amount of roles: Willy Wonka to Sweeny Todd to all of the dramatic roles,” she said. “Whatever the Janelle Monae version of that is. Maybe something even better, but I want to be able to do those sorts of like transformative characters that people are dressing up as for Halloween. Something grounded but embedded in the hearts and minds of children forever.” 

Where was the lie? 

As much as alot of us ( including myself) hate him now, he's had a profilic career and it's smart of her to emphasize his talent and not the person themselves. It's like saying R.Kellys music inspired an artist growing up but R.Kelly the person is terrible

Thank God her music sucks so nothing of value was lost by her coming out as a vile person :heart:

Such a talented and outspoken activist, so ******* disappointed. Even though she clearly states it’s just about his acting career, but if she clearly knows there is an issue with him as a person why bring him up at all? :skull: 

she's not beating the sellout allegations

I am suddenly illiterate, deaf and blind. I didn't see this.

26 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

Thank God her music sucks 

Now we reached the point of lying huh

liking his “acting career” doesn’t mean she likes him as a person 

2 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

liking his “acting career” doesn’t mean she likes him as a person 

Exactly.

Split the person from the craft. 

19 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Such a talented and outspoken activist, so ******* disappointed. Even though she clearly states it’s just about his acting career, but if she clearly knows there is an issue with him as a person why bring him up at all? :skull: 

right like... she could've not said this. she still is praising his him. huge yikes. 

I mean, she could have used a different example... this wasn't it. Disappointing. :sad:

Kinda insensitive but she did specify she was only talking about his acting career I guess so idk.. still kinda bad. 

Then again he's had such a long career I haven't even thought about how I feel about all the classic movies he's in now tbh.  :dancehall:

It's hard for me to seperate the person from their craft personally but Janelle is allowed a bad take every now and then. She still makes amazing music and I desperately need a new Album. :gaycat7:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.