Ellie Goulding - 'Higher Than Heaven'

BlackoutZone

The visuals are stunning -- i wish she incorporated them into a cuter hoodie bc i would totally get that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• lola4789

• Cqmerqn

• Something

56 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

How can she claim to be environmentally friendly with all this merch :skull:

Making it from recycled material isn't enough. The first 'R' is reduce

How can anyone claim to be environmentally friendly when you eat meat/dairy? Cough cough David Attenborough and Leonardo DiCaprio.

There's no point in being sooo strict on what actually is 'environmentally Friendly' or not because there are just too many ifs and buts. Sure Ellie should've not released any physical copies at all but she needs some sort of income (or at least her label forced her too) and she knows her fans really want physical copies so she doesn't really have a choice. Plus the merch are all made through renewable energy. There isn't much negative effects to the production of these items.

Also she technically is reducing waste by putting a use for recycled material which otherwise would've been trashed and made useless. Not to mention Ellie is supporting these industries which manufacture such materials.

At least she's doing mostly everything she could which is far more than anyone else could. I mean look at Taylor with her massive pollution not only for her spamming of merch (when she couldve made them recycled) but her private jets etc. Or Adele's massive overproduction of cds + lps.

Who else is releasing environmentally friendly merch like Ellie?

CD: 

CD digi sleeve made with FSC certified card and renewable plant-based wrap

Wherever possible each element of the packaging material is manufactured using 100% recycled card and reduced plastic use.

Deluxe CD: 

Limited edition deluxe CD digi sleeve made with FSC certified card and renewable plant-based wrap

Wherever possible each element of the packaging material is manufactured using 100% recycled card and reduced plastic use.

Cassette 1: 

Limited edition frosted white recycled cassette with a red recycled o-card design.

Standard vinyl: 

140g black vinyl – made using recycled board and a recycled and recyclable bag 

Colour vinyl: 

Limited edition 140g ECO-MIX colour vinyl – made using recycled board and a recycled and recyclable bag 

ECO-MIX vinyl production uses 100% recycled colour compound that would’ve otherwise been discarded. Every record is unique as the colour compound used are completely random.

Edited by Delirious

• ATRL Moderator

No American tour dates…. I lost 

3 hours ago, Element said:

No American tour dates…. I lost 

There’s NEVER anything for Americans from her… She toured here for Delirium and literally nothing else since. She did like, one festival in NYC mid-pandemic and it was almost too early to tell if it was safe or not. 

Anyways, the Zane Lowe interview was pretty solid. He’s such a talent at getting people to speak

American tour dates would mean that she has to fly. Doesn't she supposedly hate doing so for tours?

21 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

Anyways, the Zane Lowe interview was pretty solid. He’s such a talent at getting people to speak

you have a link?

24 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

American tour dates would mean that she has to fly. Doesn't she supposedly hate doing so for tours?

Does she want monetary income or… Her whole tirade of trying to be as environmentally green as possible is not possible with her line of work. She has no issue flying to other parts of Europe, the North Pole, and LA all the time. Why only when it comes to touring?

20 minutes ago, teenagecraze said:

you have a link?

It was on her Apple Music profile at the very bottom. It’s only about 20 minutes but you can tell she’s so removed from this album

2 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

you can tell she’s so removed from this album

she's probably so sick of her label

• ATRL Moderator
47 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

There’s NEVER anything for Americans from her… She toured here for Delirium and literally nothing else since. She did like, one festival in NYC mid-pandemic and it was almost too early to tell if it was safe or not. 

I actually went to that NYC Festival and it was so amazing!! My first time seeing her live. I really want to hear HTH live though ughhh. I wish I had gone to Delirium.

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

she's probably so sick of her label

Apparently it’s her last album in the deal, but that’s unconfirmed

2 minutes ago, Element said:

I actually went to that NYC Festival and it was so amazing!! My first time seeing her live. I really want to hear HTH live though ughhh. I wish I had gone to Delirium.

I went to Delirium, it was fine. The highlights were Intro-Aftertaste, Explosions (Acoustic), LMLYD, and Figure 8. Even Burn had a more pop rock facelift and it was fun!

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

Apparently it’s her last album in the deal, but that’s unconfirmed

I went to Delirium, it was fine. The highlights were Intro-Aftertaste, Explosions (Acoustic), LMLYD, and Figure 8. Even Burn had a more pop rock facelift and it was fun!

Sounds fun! Honestly shocked that she sold out stadiums and arenas at that time. Her career could have really been huge in 2016 if they promoted (and she didn’t have anxiety hit).

34 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

She has no issue flying to other parts of Europe, the North Pole, and LA all the time. Why only when it comes to touring?

Are you genuinely that unaware of how many additional people would have to travel along with her on an international tour?

Miracle needs to be tacked on for this to chart respectably

Unpopular opinion: "Love I'm Given" is the WORST song on Brightest Blue side a

therefore

"Cute For love" will be the WORST song on higher than heaven :1stplace::eatpopcorn:

This album deserves a Grammy nom for Best Pop Vocal Record but I know they’re not gonna give it to her. 

20 minutes ago, mistertsa said:

This album deserves a Grammy nom for Best Pop Vocal Record but I know they’re not gonna give it to her. 

You made some points here 

The same reason why love me like you do wasn't nominated for an Oscar smh

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

You made some points here 

The same reason why love me like you do wasn't nominated for an Oscar smh

I think the Oscar didn’t give her a nom because it was for Fifty Shades

2 minutes ago, mistertsa said:

they nominated Earned It by The Weeknd instead

3 minutes ago, mistertsa said:

It got nominated for golden globes tho. The song was without a doubt the biggest/2nd biggest soundtrack song of the year + it was universally praised.

Funny that see you again also wasn't nominated when it shouldve been. I like Sam but he did not deserve both wins. The song was horrendous

Edited by Delirious

1 minute ago, OnlyYou said:

they nominated Earned It by The Weeknd instead

OMG Right! I forgot lol! The Weeknd deserves the nom but let's be real, Ellie deserved it more. I guess the industry still wasn't kind to women in 2015

Her US certifications have been updated.

8x Platinum - Love Me Like You Do

7x Platinum - Lights

5x Platinum - Burn

5 hours ago, Element said:

Sounds fun! Honestly shocked that she sold out stadiums and arenas at that time. Her career could have really been huge in 2016 if they promoted (and she didn’t have anxiety hit).

She definitely didn’t sell them out but… I’m gonna keep my mouth closed on that 

4 hours ago, WyldChyld said:

Are you genuinely that unaware of how many additional people would have to travel along with her on an international tour?

Nope. I frequent concerts very often. All of that is a problem that’s not mine. Do she want to make money, or no?

15 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

Nope. I frequent concerts very often. All of that is a problem that’s not mine. Do she want to make money, or no?

That’s such a cringe attitude towards someone who’s so passionate about climate issues. I guess her not visiting your ass can be your problem, not hers.